Quite often, many of us there are cracks in the corners of the lips, which cause discomfort and may appear not only in the cold season. But if you know the underlying causes of the disease, its treatment and prevention will not take a lot of time and effort.
Why do the corners of the lips crack?
Usually the occurrence of cracks in the corners of the lips (or as they are called: "zadyy") is preceded by an itching and unpleasant burning sensation while moving or touching the lips, for example, talking or applying lipstick. Most often, the corners of the lips begin to crack during the off-season, and this does not depend on the person's age, gender or any other circumstances or factors.
But why are the corners of the lips cracking? Here are a few the main causes of cracks in the corners of the lips:
- disruption of the normal functioning of the body’s metabolic processes;
- diseases of the gastrointestinal tract;
- the occurrence of fungal inflammations or bacterial infections in the body;
- reduced immunity due to lack of vitamins in the body;
- lack of minerals such as iron and zinc in the body;
- allergic reactions (for example, lipstick, toothpaste, etc.);
- individual bite of the teeth (if the child has slippage, then there is a risk that the baby has the wrong bite;
- metabolic disorders in the body;
- improper use of dentures.
It is necessary to begin treatment of cracks in the corners of the lips only when the cause of the occurrence is determined.a disease that can be identified by a qualified professional. Although if you are sure that you have identified the exact cause of the disease, you can safely proceed to the treatment yourself.
Treatment of cracks on the corners of the lips
First of all, you need to start by taking enough vitamins, minerals and trace elements for your body that are found in foods such as oatmeal, potatoes, pomegranates, asparagus, parsley, rye, mushrooms, nuts, buckwheat porridge and meat.
Besides eating these foods, lubricate the corners of the lips with special drugs, which contribute to the removal of inflammation and restore the function of the regeneration of skin cells.
As such drugs are perfect:
- water extracted from thermal springs (it can moisturize damaged skin);
- hygienic lipstick (it perfectly reduces the number of cracks in the corners of the lips);
- oils of flax, rosehip, avocado, sea buckthorn, tea tree (these oils have a softening effect and contribute to the healing of damaged skin);
- solutions of vitamins E and A;
- 1 tbsp. pork fat mix with 2 tbsp. honey and this mixture lubricate the corners of the mouth after each meal (keep this "ointment" should be in the refrigerator);
- before going to sleep, apply garlic juice or plantain juice to the buns; they have an antiseptic and healing effect;
- infusions of chamomile, celandine, succession or sage (as lotions).
Remember: if cracks formed in the process of a fungal disease, then there is no point in treating them with the help of some folk remedies, It is also necessary to use specialized pharmacological agents.
Also protect your personal hygiene products from other family members to prevent further spread of the disease.
Prevention of lip cracks
Know that Without preventive measures, the treatment of cracks in the corners of the lips will not give an unambiguous result. To do this, follow the simple rules:
- as soon as you feel irritation of the skin in the corners of the mouth, stop eating spicy and salty foods, so as not to aggravate the disease irritation of the skin;
- do not scratch the wounds so as not to hinder their natural healing;
- be careful with the skin of the lips - use soothing masks (for example, from aloe juice or apples boiled in milk);
- if the cracks of the corners of the mouth began to cause a lot of problems, then start gently applying Vishnevsky ointment to the wounds;
- and, of course, keep track of your personal hygiene products, do not eat from someone else's dishes, do not use someone else’s lipstick, especially if the owner of these items is unfamiliar to you.
If the cracks in the corners of the mouth were formed due to improper bite, then you should immediately contact the orthodontist and perform the necessary manipulations to correct the bite of the teeth, which, in addition to making life easier for the patient, will increase the attractiveness of his smile.
But in the event that when the cracks on the lips appear quite often and are accompanied by burning or itching, this can serve as a signal of the presence of serious diseases in the body right up to cancer! To determine the degree of danger of zade, first of all, pay attention to the general condition - if there is a weakness in the body, dark circles appear under the eyes, the skin has become overdried, then immediately begin to sound the alarm!
On the causes and treatment of cracks in the corners of the lips, read the article Why do the corners of the lips crack?
Remember - the sooner the disease is detected, the sooner and better the process of its treatment will take place! Every ill-found or cured disease, despite the degree of its danger, can have a lot of serious complications! Be healthy!
Especially for womeninahomeoffice.com.ru - Polina