Cough is an unpleasant and dangerous symptom: it not only causes discomfort, but can also lead to serious complications. Treat it with the root causes. One of the components of therapy are measures aimed at separating and excreting sputum. A tasty and safe remedy, cough sugar, will help to cope with this.
Good or bad?
In medicine, there are two types of cough - dry and wet (wet). The first is considered pathological, unproductive and is a symptom of lesions of the larynx, trachea or bronchi. The second indicates the beginning of the stage of recovery and contributes to the removal from the body of sputum containing pathogenic bacteria.
The task of mucolytic agents is the transformation of dry cough into a wet one. In folk medicine, this property gives zhenka (burnt sugar). Her healing qualities are known to people for a long time:
- reduces inflammation of the mucous and facilitates breathing;
- contributes to the dilution of sputum and its withdrawal from the respiratory system.
With regular use of this medication, the result is felt after three days: breathing becomes freer, sputum liquefies and departs well.
However, there are situations when cough sugar can bring not only benefits to the body, but also harm. It is forbidden to take this remedy for pneumonia and tuberculosis, as well as in the presence of the following contraindications:
- severe damage to tooth enamel.
In these cases, high blood glucose levels have a detrimental effect on the systems and organs.
Widespread use was found in female pediatrics. Young children up to one year have traditionally had problems with expectoration of sputum. If the baby does not want to take cough syrups, you can make homemade expectorant candies for him.
Cooking burnt sugar can be different. The traditional recipe looks like this.
- Put a few spoons of sugar in a saucepan or enamel bowl.
- Put on a small fire and heat, stirring constantly.
- Prepare the molds, smearing them with oil.
- When the sugar melts and turns into a viscous mass, pour it into molds.
- To make it convenient to give medicine to children, you can insert small sticks or skewers into the "candy". If the lollipop is not removed from the mold, lightly heat it so that the sugar begins to melt again.
In order to enhance the therapeutic effect, the bite is made with the addition of:-
- herbal decoction (thyme, chamomile);
- raspberry, orange or other berries or fruit juice;
- for adults - alcohol.
Here are some recipes for cooking cough sugar using additional ingredients.
- With milk. It relieves inflammation well, envelops and soothes the throat. Dissolve sugar in a few spoons of milk and pour the resulting liquid into molds, put in the refrigerator.
- With a decoction of herbs or juice. Herbal teas possess antiseptic properties, and juices saturate the body with vitamins and strengthen the immune system. For one glass of liquid, take 2 cups of sugar and 2 tbsp. l honey All ingredients are thoroughly mixed and put on a slow fire. When the mixture thickens, pour it into molds. Candy can be stored in the refrigerator. For treatment, remove from the mold, dissolve or put in hot tea.
- With the addition of alcohol. Alcohol disinfects, reduces inflammation and activates blood circulation. 7 tbsp. l sugar need to melt and add 3 tbsp. l alcohol, vodka, liquor or Cahors. Pour into forms and refrigerate. Ready lollipops to drink with tea.
According to reviews, cough sugar as a mucolytic agent really has many advantages:
- is inexpensive;
- it is absolutely natural medicine without "chemistry";
- easy to cook at home;
- children who refuse to take medicine, are happy to dissolve healing candies;
- fast-moving effect.
Judging by the reviews on the forums, taking into account the contraindications of negative effects in the treatment of females is not observed.
Doctors are neutral to this means of traditional medicine. When prescribing respiratory therapy, they prefer medication. Only in cases where the patient refuses pharmaceutical products, doctors resort to popular recipes, in particular, recommend the resorption of candies from the females.
The only warning they give parents when treating babies is the possibility of developing asphyxiation in children under one year as a side effect. In this case, you need to stop taking the "medicine" and consult a doctor.
Burnt sugar is an effective folk remedy for cough. He quickly translates dry cough into a wet and helps rid the body of pathogenic bacteria. The widespread use of bum in pediatrics makes it an even more valuable “medicine”, especially if the baby rejects pharmaceutical syrups and tinctures.