Supporters of a healthy lifestyle often wonder if corn grits should be in a balanced diet. The benefits and harms of this product are not well known to the public, so the demand for it in recent years is low. Meanwhile, many may have expanded their menu, having learned about the amazing properties of corn (maize).
In the recent past, this cereal culture was called the "queen of the fields." And although it is now cultivated in smaller quantities, the cereal obtained by grinding corn kernels can easily be found in any grocery store. Porridge, hominy, polenta and other dishes from this product are increasingly appearing on the table of people who know about its rich composition and low calorie content.
Corn grits - a source of health and good mood
With regular consumption of corn grits, the human body receives:
- B vitamins and phosphorus, necessary for the prevention of depression and neurological diseases,
- calcium, potassium and vitamin E, involved in cell renewal, thereby strengthening the teeth, nails and hair, rejuvenates the skin;
- Vitamin A, which provides good visual acuity;
- magnesium, warning irritability and susceptibility to the destructive effects of stress;
- amino acids tryptophan and lysine, which make blood vessels more elastic and reduce the level of dangerous cholesterol in the blood;
- nicotinic acid and biotin - without these substances, the normal functioning of the immune and digestive systems becomes impossible, and the process of controlling obesity is slowed down, the risk of diabetes increases;
- Phosphatides that improve brain activity and blood circulation;
- cellulose, with which you can clean the intestines and prevent the appearance of cancer.
Doctors are convinced that we should not neglect the therapeutic possibilities of the product to those who suffer from diseases of the blood, heart, gallbladder, liver, gastrointestinal tract and kidneys. Surprisingly, after heat treatment, all the useful properties of cereals are preserved.
Who does ground corn disappoint?
Vegetable food, despite the healing qualities, also has contraindications to the use. It is worth noting that the harm from corn grits is much less than good. You should refrain from it only if:
- exacerbation of gastric ulcer (so that dietary fiber does not damage the internal organs);
- increased blood clotting, tendency to thrombosis, thrombophlebitis;
- underweight and anorexia.
Maize vs fullness
Corn grits are indispensable in the diet of losing weight, since the caloric content per 100 grams of dry product is only 328 kcal. In addition, ground corn dishes:
- improve digestion;
- eliminate slags and toxins;
- normalize metabolism
due to which, under the condition of proper nutrition, the increase in the fat layer stops. Maize has a unique property to burn body fat and also satisfy hunger for 5-6 hours, as a result of which the diet is tolerated much more easily. In order to lose 3-5 kilograms, weighing the body, every week when weighing, it is enough to start every morning from a plate of tasty and nourishing corn porridge.
Achievements lovers "Queen of Fields"
People who consume corn grits regularly, in their reviews, argue that the benefits and harms of this product are incommensurable. After 3 days of daily use of ground maize:
- peeling of the skin and bleeding gums;
- hair split less;
- headaches caused by vasospasm are less common;
- performance increases;
- insomnia passes;
- emotional state stabilizes.
Reviews of those who included in the menu dishes from corn grits for weight loss are also very encouraging: if you eat fat-burning porridge every day, supplementing your diet with simple gymnastics, you can lose more than 15 kg in a month. Most successfully coped with the task of losing weight, who prepared the dish on the water, without adding oil. Dissatisfied with this cereal culture, only a few gourmets, which it did not like.
In the kitchen of every housewife who wants to always remain slim and strengthen the health of their loved ones, corn grits should appear. The benefits and harms of ground maize grains are being actively discussed by doctors. Everyone who does not belong to a short list of contraindications, experts advise not to forget about this priceless product.