Conjunctivitis disease is considered the most common eye disease. When it occurs, it affects the outer transparent shell that covers the eyeball and part of the eyelid from the inside. Conjunctivitis is usually accompanied by redness of the eyes, pain and burning sensation.
If you experience signs of this disease, you should immediately seek help from a doctor. But to speed up conjunctivitis treatment at home You can use the tips and traditional medicine.
Signs of conjunctivitis and precautions
The main signs of conjunctivitis include redness, burning, feeling as if there is sand in the eyes. Eyes begin to water, and in advanced cases - even fester.
Before proceeding to treatment, certain precautions should be observed, since in most cases conjunctivitis contagious. Therefore, when detecting signs of this disease must be observed basic rules of personal hygiene:
- You should wash your hands regularly and be sure to use a personal towel.
- You do not need to rub your eyes, because if only one eye was affected, it is possible that the second one may become infected.
- You can not go into the pool and use running water for washing: chlorine in the water can cause complications.
- It is best to use boiled water for washing.
- It is advisable to stay home until full recovery, almost completely limiting communication with others.
Types of conjunctivitis and their treatment
There are 3 types of conjunctivitis: bacterial, viral and allergic. For each of them is assigned a specific type of treatment.-
- Bacterial conjunctivitis characterized by discharge and discharge of pus. To cope with the sticking of the eyelids in the morning, which occurs during such a disease, it is enough to prepare an extract of chamomile. 2 tsp. chamomile pour 50 ml of boiling water, rinse with infusion of the eye 2 r. in a day. Bacterial conjunctivitis acute at home, they are treated with eye drops and ointments, which include antibiotics, usually 1% tetracycline. Bury eyes need at least 4 p. per day, pre-disinfecting strong tea or chamomile extract.
- In the treatment viral conjunctivitis Usually, eye drops or antiviral ointments are prescribed, along with strengthening the immune system and treating the underlying disease that caused it.
- Allergic conjunctivitis at homeoccurs due to contact with the substance that causes allergies. This may be drugs, household chemicals, cosmetics, dust. But for effective treatment, it is necessary to establish the exact form of conjunctivitis, as incorrectly used drugs cannot cope with the disease, but only worsen the condition. Therefore, it is necessary to seek help from a doctor who can make an accurate diagnosis. Treatment of allergic conjunctivitis takes a total of 10 to 14 days. When referring to a doctor, it will be enough to take eye drops, artificial tears and cold drops to cope with this type of conjunctivitis. If the disease was triggered, the doctor will prescribe anti-inflammatory nonsteroidal drugs, combined eye drops, which include interferon, diphenhydramine.
Tips for treating conjunctivitis at home
- If you experience pain that is difficult to endure, you can use drops of 3% solution of levometicin or 20% albucide. 2 drops of the solution need to drip over the lower eyelid. To remove the pain, it is necessary to drop the drops every 3 hours. For the purpose of prophylaxis, using a different pipette, you can also make a healthy eye.
- If the glare causes irritation, it is better to use sunglasses. But eye patch is not recommended, as it will create a favorable environment for the reproduction of pathogenic bacteria.
- All is desirable conjunctivitis treatment procedures should be performed on both eyes, it will protect a healthy eye from diseases.
- Before instilling eyes it is necessary to wash hands and try not to touch the eyes with a pipette. You need to start digging with a healthy eye.
Treatment of conjunctivitis at home folk remedies
- At the very beginning of the disease, you can use eye lotions from dill juice. To do this, moisten the bandage in the juice and apply to the eyes for 10 minutes.
- If 4 bay leaves are crushed and poured 200 ml of boiling water, leaving to infuse for 30 minutes, then it is advisable to wash the eyes with 12 r. in a day. And for 30 minutes before bedtime, apply a bandage to the eyes, soaked in this infusion.
- A good effect on the body will have and blueberry tea, which will strengthen the immune system and accelerate recovery. To make it, dried bilberry fruits should be poured with boiling water and kept on low heat for 5 minutes. Drink with 1 tsp. honey
- If you dilute the aloe juice in boiled water in a ratio of 1 to 10, it can be used for compresses.
- Infusion celandine is used for eyewash. For its preparation it is necessary to pour 1 tbsp. l celandine with a glass of boiling water and support for 4 minutes on low heat. Then leave to infuse for 20 minutes, then strain and add 1 tsp. honey
- You can attach to the eyes to speed up the treatment. cheesecloth with grated raw potatoes.
- Infusion of rose petals can be used for compresses on closed eyelids. To cook it you need to pour 1 tbsp. l dry rose petals 250 ml of boiling water and leave for 30 minutes. Then make a compress and apply it for 30 minutes.
But do self-medication for conjunctivitis, This can cause serious complications, so when the first signs of the disease appear, you should immediately seek help from an ophthalmologist. In due time prescribed treatment can cope with the disease within 4 days, and when running conjunctivitis - only after 30.