Perhaps, each of us repeatedly met on the meadows and fields of our area red flowers with sharp petals of small size. Our grandmothers also talked about the healing properties of this plant - steppe clover. Clover contains a huge amount of useful components, and it is often used in herbal medicine. If you want to use such a plant for the preparation of traditional medicine, you only need to collect red clover. Medicinal properties and contraindications of clover deserve special attention.
This will be discussed in our article.
Clover red: description
Red meadow clover grows in many regions of our country. To meet such a plant can be in the meadows and fields, mainly located in temperate latitudes. In nature, there are about 15 species of it, but the red clover has a truly healing effect on the body. The leaves of this plant are very often used in cooking, they can be added as a seasoning in salads and first courses.
Even our ancestors used clover in traditional medicine, because it is famous for its bactericidal, antitoxic and analgesic effects on the human body. Clover leaves and flowers contain a high concentration of fats, sugars, proteins, vitamins of various groups and mineral substances.
In particular, red clover is rich in B vitamins, potassium, calcium and ascorbic acid. These vitamin elements are contained in flowers. Clover leaves contain salicylic acid, which has not only anti-inflammatory, but also antifungal effects. You can buy clover flowers and leaves at any pharmacy. If you decide to self-assemble a medicinal plant, then do not forget that it is best to carry out the collection in ecologically clean areas. In addition, clover flowers and leaves have their beneficial properties for one calendar year. In the future, this plant does not carry any benefit for our body.
Red clover: medicinal properties and contraindications, reviews
When our ancestors only began to use plants for medicinal purposes, clover was widely used to cure diseases of the oncological type. Clover flowers and leaves were especially helpful in treating cancers of the breast, appendages, ovaries and lymphatic system. Subsequently, the list of useful properties of this plant has expanded significantly.
What are the healing properties of red clover?
Today, herbalists advise the use of red clover for the treatment of many ailments, in particular:
- catarrhal diseases;
- hepatitis of any form;
- feverish conditions;
- pathologies of the respiratory tract caused by infectious pathogens;
- diseases of the female reproductive system, in particular infectious diseases and vaginal irritations;
- pathologies of the urinary system, biliary tract and liver;
- diseases caused by various types of fungal infections;
- pathologies of the nervous system;
- violations of the digestive tract;
- pathologies of the cardiovascular system;
- eye diseases;
- pathologies of the lungs and bronchi;
- various diseases of the skin;
- as a wound healing agent, especially for burns of varying severity.
Herbalists also advise the use of clover leaves and flowers to cleanse the blood and strengthen the walls of blood vessels. According to the reviews of people, red clover helps to remove excess uric acid accumulated in the body. Many girls take tinctures and decoctions of red clover to eliminate pain during menstrual bleeding. Clover leaves and flowers are famous for their fortifying effect, so tinctures and decoctions based on it can be taken in the postoperative period for early rehabilitation.
Cosmetology was not left aside. Red clover, its leaves and flowers are part of many creams, masks, cleansing tonics and oils. Due to its properties, cosmetic products containing red clover extract cleanse the skin well.-
Despite the widespread use of red clover for the treatment of various ailments, it is not allowed to use drugs based on it in all cases. As with any herbal remedies, red clover has its own contraindications. It is not recommended to take clover leaves and flowers in such cases:
- during pregnancy;
- during lactation;
- with the development of oncological diseases in the estrogen-dependent stage;
- in disorders of the gastrointestinal tract, in particular in diarrhea;
- with the development of acute cardiovascular diseases;
- with any manifestations of thrombophlebitis.
Do not forget also that the use of red clover for the treatment of any ailment is allowed only after consulting a doctor. The treatment course should always be comprehensive and combine the means of traditional medicine and pharmacological agents.
Over the years, phytotherapeutists and traditional healers have developed various recipes for the preparation of traditional medicine based on clover leaves and flowers. In order for red clover to benefit the body and help cope with the ailment, you need to correctly calculate the proportions and follow the dosage in the medication. Let's look at some of the most common recipes.
Recipe number 1
Perhaps the most common in herbal medicine received tea based on red clover. It helps to cope with colds, as well as with some pathologies of the respiratory system, for example, bronchitis.
- crushed red clover - 1 tbsp. l .;
- purified or mineral water - 1 tbsp .;
- honey to taste
Preparation and use:
- For brewing, you can use fresh or dried clover leaves and flowers.
- Chop the clover and place on the bottom of the dish.
- Pour clover leaves and flowers with one glass of boiling water.
- For 20-25 minutes, let the tea brew in a container with the lid closed.
- For colds, you should drink such clover tea at least 5 times a day.
- Add liquid honey to taste. Drinking the drug is allowed only after a full meal.
Recipe number 2
According to reviews of the fair sex, clover tinctures help to cope with painful sensations during menstruation. In addition, the correct reception of such funds will allow to normalize the cycle of menstruation.
- red clover flowers (heads) - 2 tbsp. l .;
- filtered or mineral water - 200 ml.
Preparation and use:
- Chopped (fresh or dried) clover flowers should be laid out in thick-walled dishes, preferably in a thermos.
- Chopped flowers need to pour boiling water.
- The broth must be thoroughly shaken, then close the dishes with a lid and leave for 8-9 hours.
- After the specified time, the broth must be drained.
- Eat clover broth should be 2-3 days before the start of menstrual bleeding in the following dosage: 100 g three times a day.
Reviews on the healing properties of red clover
If you want to learn more about the beneficial properties of clover leaves and flowers, then read the reviews of other people. Many people leave feedback that infusions and decoctions based on red clover have helped strengthen the immune system after the illness, as well as in the postoperative period.
Some people leave feedback that they use clover as a dietary supplement. The leaves are added to salads, which are seasoned with sea buckthorn oil. This dish has an unusual taste.
A number of people in various forums leave comments on the fact that clover can be used to make an ointment that does an excellent job with skin rashes, as well as burns of various degrees.
As you can see, the scope of application of clover is wide enough. Remember that no herbal remedies can replace pharmacological agents. In order to recover from the disease, it is best to apply such drugs in combination. Be sure to consult with your healthcare professional before applying red clover. Any means of traditional medicine should only bring benefit to the body, but not harm. Be healthy!