Probably, every woman, at least once in her life, faced with a very unpleasant disease - thrush. Most often, such drugs as clotrimazole are prescribed for its treatment. This drug has antifungal effects. Today it comes in a variety of forms (tablets, suppositories, ointment).
In the event that localization of thrush occurs exactly on the genitals, then most often the doctor prescribes the use of pills or vaginal cream. But, the disease is a fungal infection, which can manifest itself not only in the genitals, but also in the folds of the skin, as well as in the nails.
The use of this drug can be not only for processing the external surfaces of the patient's body, but also for insertion into the vagina. After clotrimazole enters the body, it begins to intensively infect the cells of the infectious agent, destroying their membranes. As a result, candidates lose their vitality.
However, the use of clotrimazole during the first 3 months of pregnancy is strictly prohibited. Therefore, if it was at this time that the thrush was diagnosed, the doctor should select another drug. In this case, with extreme caution should be used this medicine during breastfeeding.
Of course, in order to get rid of thrush as soon as possible, it will be quite enough to use clotrimazole, but to forget about this unpleasant disease forever, then you also need to change your diet system. It is necessary to try to completely abandon sweets, since it is in the body that the sweet teeth create favorable conditions for the development of the fungus.
In the acute form of thrush, it will be quite enough to use only clotrimazole externally, taking into account the doctor's prescription. However, provided that the disease has flowed into a chronic stage, the doctor will have to prescribe oral intake and other medications.
During the entire course of treatment with clotrimazole, it is recommended to avoid sexual contact, as this drug can cause a rather unpleasant burning sensation not only for the woman undergoing treatment, but also for her partner.-
What do experts say about clotrimazole?
- Clotrimazolmaz is intended for processing the epidermis (per 100 g. Of ointment includes 1 g. Of the active ingredient). This remedy is aimed at the destruction of various types of fungi.
- The basis of the action of the active antifungal component is a significant slowdown in the production of ergosterol, since it is it that acts as one of the most active components of the fungal cell membrane. This effect can disrupt the natural vital activity of microorganisms, therefore, their total destruction occurs.
- Provided that clotrimazole will be used in small doses, there is only a slowdown in the development of the fungus, and in the case of increasing the dosage of the drug, they are completely destroyed.
- This drug in high doses can directly react with peroxidase and mitochondrial enzymes, therefore, there is a significant increase in the amount of hydrogen peroxide and the death of microorganisms occurs.
- According to the reviews of doctors, this drug works well with dermatophytes, mold pathogens, yeast fungi. Excellent therapeutic effect is in the case of erythrasma or multi-colored lichen, able to destroy gram-negative and gram-positive microorganisms, as well as Trichomonas ordinary.
- In the case of external use, the drug almost does not penetrate into the lymph and blood, since clotrimazole is not able to pass through the skin and mucous membranes. A small amount of the drug is able to linger on the outer skin layers and at the same time, in contrast to the deeper layers, the greatest amount of it is deposited in the epidermis.
Features of the use of suppositories "Clotrimazole":
- Vaginal tablets or candles clotrimazole are prescribed for the treatment of fungal infections of the genital organs. Candles are now available in 3 versions - with a content of 100, 200 and 500 mg of the active substance.
- The preparation contains corn starch, soda, lactose, tartaric acid, aerosil, stearic magnesium. The drug can be packaged in 1, 3 or 6 candles, there is also a special applicator in the box for inserting them into the vagina.
- Candles are capable of destroying a fairly large number of various types of fungi, while the drug’s action is based on the complete destruction of pathogenic microflora cells. They kill not only candida, but also streptococci, staphylococcus, Trichomonas and other types of microorganisms.
- This drug in the form of suppositories can be prescribed if the fungal infections of the genital organs are affected - for example, candidiasis, trichomoniasis, and other types of microbes that clotrimazole destroys. In the event that surgery is carried out in the near future, candles can be used to prevent the onset of infection.
- The use of clotrimazole candles should be carried out strictly 1 time per day (at bedtime), while the doctor selects the concentration of the substance, taking into account the type and severity of the disease. With the help of a special applicator that comes with candles, it is inserted into the vagina. Most often, therapeutic therapy lasts about 6 days. However, if the treatment being performed does not give the desired results, then the doctor may prescribe another first course of treatment, taking into account the patient’s condition.
- In some cases, according to patients, the use of clotrimazole suppositories can cause unpleasant sensations in the lower abdomen, and sometimes cause an allergic reaction, which is manifested on the surface of the skin.
When do you need clotrimazole tablets?
- Clotrimazole tablets is a drug that has a wide spectrum of action, and is most often used for the treatment of fungal infections of various localization.
- Vaginal tablets are sold in special blisters, which are packed in a cardboard box of 1, 3 and 6 tablets. A device is attached to them, which greatly facilitates the insertion of the agent into the vagina.
- This drug, according to experts, helps to quite easily cope with a variety of fungal infections, while most often the treatment does not last more than 1 week.
According to reviews, both doctors and patients, clotrimazole is an excellent tool to combat thrush. It also helps to cope with some other pathogens. For ease of use, pharmacists have released the drug in several forms: ointment, suppositories, vaginal tablets.