Tablets containing the active ingredient cinnarizine, have an antihistamine effect and are used to control nausea and vomiting, as well as help to cope with cerebral spasms of the brain. Consider what is prescribed "Tsinnarizin", its side effects and contraindications to the use.
Briefly about the main thing
Cinnarizine is a synthetic substance, a derivative of diphenylpiperazine, which acts as a blocker of calcium L-type channels and acts primarily on the vessels of the brain. As an active active ingredient, it is part of such preparations as:
All these drugs belong to the category of antihistamines, produced mainly in pills. Consider what helps "Tsinnarizin."
Instructions to the drug
Before using any drug, you must carefully read the instructions, which are usually in the package along with the tablets. We suggest to get acquainted with the peculiarities of the use of the drug "Cinnarizin".
"Zinnarizin": indications for use
So, this drug is prescribed in such cases:
- with atherosclerotic changes in the vessels of the brain;
- for recovery from ischemic stroke;
- with motor problems and vestibular disorders to eliminate symptoms such as dizziness, tinnitus;
- in the treatment of Meniere's disease;
- to eliminate the symptoms of motion sickness.
How does the drug work?
The action of "Cinnarizine" is based on the ability of the active substance to block cells from the entry of calcium ions into them, as a result of which the cerebral microcirculation improves, and the brain tissue is saturated with oxygen. This drug also has a spasmolytic effect and reduces blood clotting.
"Cinnarizin" works by blocking histamine and muscarinic receptors in the emetic center of the brain, which prevents the reception of nerve messages from the vestibular apparatus.
Nerves located inside the ear, send messages to the brain with information about the movement. Along with messages from the eyes and muscles, these nerve impulses help the body maintain a sense of balance. If the nerves from one ear send the wrong or too often changing information to the brain, there is a conflict of messages sent from the other ear, from the eyes or muscles.
The brain begins to get confused in signals and this can cause dizziness, nausea and even vomiting. A person feels sick. "Cinnarizine" helps to cope with motion sickness and other problems associated with impaired sense of balance.
Who should not take this medicine?
Cinnarizine has a number of contraindications. So, these pills can not be taken in such cases:
- children under the age of five;
- people with a rare hereditary blood pathology - porphyrin disease;
- pregnant or lactating mothers;
- with intolerance to fructose, galactose, and lactase deficiency;
- in case of allergy to any of the ingredients of the drug;
- if you have problems with the prostate or difficulty urinating;
- in the event of impaired kidney or liver function;
- in the presence of pathologies such as glaucoma, epilepsy or Parkinson’s disease.
Medicines and side effects associated with their use affect people differently. Below, we present some of the known side effects from Zinnarizin:
- moderate drowsiness;
- weight gain with prolonged use;
- stomach upset;
- nausea and vomiting;
- feeling of lethargy;
- abdominal pain;
- dry mouth;
- skin reactions;
- tremor, twitching, stiffness of arms, legs, face, neck, or tongue;
To stop taking the drug and consult a doctor should be promptly if yellowing of the eyes or skin is noticed.
How to take Zinnarizin?
Before taking the drug, read the manufacturer's printed information booklet inside the package. This will give you more information about the pills and provide a complete list of the diseases and conditions shown for the use of Cinnarizine.
Take the drug only as prescribed by your doctor! Usually the doctor prescribes the following dosages:
- with impaired cerebral microcirculation, one 25 mg tablet three times a day;
- with impaired peripheral circulation - two or three tablets of 25 mg three times during the day;
- To prevent the "illness of travel" you need to take 1 tablet before the trip no later than 1-2 hours;
- if you are planning a long journey, you can take additional doses every eight hours if necessary.
The drug is recommended to be taken after meals or something stuck. Patients suffering from low blood pressure, the dosage is reduced to two doses per day, one tablet.
What do people say?
In conclusion, for the sake of completeness, we offer readers feedback on the action of Zinnarizin:
- Natasha: “I have hypertension of the first degree. They recommended Cinnarizin as a preventive measure. The expected effect did not come right away, but did not disappoint. My health has improved, my head is spinning less, and my memory has become better."
- Elena: “I don’t know how anyone, but with the help of these pills I can only temporarily relieve the symptoms, and then loud tinnitus reappears. Conclusion - for the treatment of my problem, Cinnarizin is weak.”
- Luda: “I and my girls have a common problem - we don’t tolerate trips. A lot of torment is motion sickness. Cinnarizine was advised, now without it, there is no foot in the transport for long distances.
This article is purely informative. Please consult your doctor before using Zinnarizin tablets. Take care and be healthy!