At first nothing hurts (although the disease is already “wound up” in the body), then there is pain and discomfort during sex, and, finally, the woman finds out that she has infertility. This is how chronic cervical cerceum behaves. Where does such a disease come from, how can it manifest itself and how to get rid of it?
Story diseases: how does cervicitis appear and what does it cause?
To tell about this ailment, you will have to touch upon the female anatomy. The cervix is the canal that connects the vagina with the uterus. It serves as a physiological barrier that prevents infection in the uterus. But if the patient suffers from inflammation "like a woman", caught an infectious disease of the reproductive system, underwent an abortion, during childbirth it is very "torn", then as a result of such problems, the cervix is damaged. Alien microflora penetrates there, and inflammation develops (and it also engages the vagina). This is cervicitis.
Protracted chronic cercevitis cervix causes the development of erosion, contributes to the spread of infection in the upper parts of the sexual apparatus. It is dangerous in that it can make it difficult for a woman to carry a child (premature birth, miscarriage, infection of the fetus), or even cause infertility. If not treated, the risk of developing cancer is increased.
The disease is quite common. Until it turns into a chronic form, it proceeds without any special symptoms, which contributes to its late detection.
The causes of cervicitis are quite diverse - from thrush to hormonal disorders. These include STDs, viral infections (herpes, papillomavirus), use of contraceptives (including the installation of the IUD), uncontrolled douching, indiscriminate intimate life and illiterate hygiene of the genitals.
how does the disease behave during remission and exacerbations?
The following signs help to suspect the inflammatory process in the cervix:
- unusual vaginal discharge. If cervicitis is caused by candidiasis, they become cheesy. If gonorrhea is the culprit of the inflammation, then the discharge is purulent, yellow. With chlamydia and mycoplasmosis, the woman detects a clear discharge, with trichomoniasis - frothy;
- pulling pain in the lower abdomen, similar to menstrual pain. In rare cases, it becomes sharp and gives in the lumbar region;
- bleeding between menstruation or during sexual intercourse;
- pain during intercourse;
- decrease in sexual desire;
- frequent urination, false urges to the toilet.
In addition, if a woman has colpitis, then it is very likely that she has certitis. Symptoms of the disease sharply increase during the exacerbation. Discharge becomes abundant or purulent, the external opening of the cervical canal swells, pinpoint hemorrhages and ulcers appear on it. The patient is concerned about itching and bleeding after an intimate relationship.
Preparations for the treatment of sluggish cervicitis
Today, in the arsenal of gynecology, there is a fairly wide range of medications that help to defeat cercerians. Treatment depends on the type of pathogens and the stage of the inflammatory process, but it certainly implies antibiotics. The prescription list for chronic cervicitis usually includes such drugs of general and local action:
- antibacterial - Clarithromycin, Lomefloxacin;
- antiprotozoal - Atrikan, Metronidazole;
- antimycotic - Mycoflucan, Diflucan;
- drugs that restore the normal flora, - Acilact, Bifidumbacterin, Gynoflor;
- candles - Hexicon, Cerzhinan, Neo-Penotran Forte;
- Dimexide 3 percent for the treatment of the cervix and vagina. Such manipulations are performed with a 1-2% solution of chlorophyllipt or silver nitrate;
- Immunostimulating agents - Immunomax, Immunal;
- with atrophic cervicitis - estrogen (Ovestin);
- viral treatment is carried out with the use of antiviral agents (for genital herpes) - Acyclovir, Valtrex, specific antiherpetic IG;
If a medications don't help
Unfortunately, if the disease is detected in a chronic form, then drug treatment may be ineffective. It is necessary to apply surgical methods. These include:
- cryosurgery. Damaged tissues are cauterized with liquid nitrogen. You do not need to be afraid of this operation, it is completely painless, so there is not even anesthesia required. Manipulations take 10 minutes. Rehabilitation lasts about 3 weeks. During this period, there may be bleeding, discharge, in exceptional cases - seizures, severe scars and wound infection;
- laser therapy. To remove disturbed tissue using the effect of laser beams. Before the procedure, pain relief is provided. After such treatment, there are complications: discharge with an unpleasant smell, bleeding, pain in the abdomen and lower back;
- thermotherapy. Thermo sensor is used for cauterization. This is a rather painful procedure, therefore, anesthetics are used. Adverse reactions are the same - uncharacteristic discharge and bleeding.
In parallel with the restoration of the cervical mucosa, concomitant pathologies (salpingo-oophoritis, colpitis) are necessarily treated and measures are taken to restore normal microflora.
Cervicitis, like other diseases of the sexual sphere, requires professional and competent treatment. Of course, the healing process can be accelerated by popular methods: douching with the help of gynecological fees, baths with tea tree oil and vaginal tampons soaked in garlic juice mixed with apple cider vinegar and honey. But all this can not be the main method of treatment. Without antibiotics and qualified medical care, you are unlikely to get better. And in order not to have to resort to radical and painful measures, regularly visit the gynecologist.