The berries of this plant have four tastes: sweet outside, sour inside, bitter seed, and a potion of them salty. The aroma of these berries has a magical power: it will save from the evil eye, and it will free the house from evil spirits, and it will help the enemies to overcome. And if a muzhik of a potion from the berries sips, then the male will gain strength and become irresistible. The inhabitants of the Khanate of Bogdoy are called that Uvei-Tzu berry, and the Latins call shizandra, but we simply say Chinese magnolia vine. We will discuss the beneficial properties of this mysterious plant today.
Lemongrass Chinese: useful properties and contraindications
By name it is not difficult to guess that China is the birthplace of this amazing plant. But wild Chinese lemongrass is also found in the forests of the Russian Far East, on the Japanese islands, and on the Korean Peninsula.
Lemongrass is a bush climbing vines. Creeper stems resemble a grape vine with brownish bark, which also wrinkles and flakes. The inflorescences of the plant spread a fragrant lemon scent. Lemongrass berries, in color reminiscent of mountain ash, are clustered.
What is useful lemongrass?
In Chinese folk medicine, lemongrass (uve-zi) is almost as good as ginseng in medicinal qualities. Moreover, for medical purposes all parts of the plant are used: berries, leaves, young shoots, seeds, and bark.
The sour taste of lemongrass fruit is determined by organic acids, which are contained in large quantities in them. Among all acids, citric acid predominates. Berries plants are rich in substances that stimulate the nervous activity. Due to the large content of essential oil lemongrass is very fragrant.
There is a lot of vitamin C in leaves, shoots and bark. Healing medicines from Chinese Schizandra: potions, powders, tablets, tinctures - significantly increase vitality, eliminate fatigue, stimulate respiratory and cardiac activity, restore the power of vision. Tincture of the berries and seeds of lemongrass increases blood pressure, reduces sugar in diabetics, promotes the resorption of cholesterol plaques, thereby expanding the peripheral vessels, and contributes to the tightening of wounds and ulcers of a trophic nature.
Powder from the seeds of lemongrass showed itself well in chronic gastritis. The juice from the berries is used to increase the acidity in the stomach, which leads to the elimination of pain.
The elemental composition of lemongrass is as follows:
- citric acid - 11.4%;
- apple 8.4%;
- wine - 0.8%;
- bioenergy - 0.12%;
- sugar - 1.5%;
- fatty oils - 26%;
- essential oils - 60%;
- macronutrients - 22%;
- trace elements - 31%, etc.
If you decide that eating lemongrass, immediately become alert and healthy, then this is not so. First, it is necessary to consider the possible side effects:
- increased heart rate;
- increased gastric secretion;
- pressure increase;
Secondly, taking into account the stimulating effect of lemongrass, it is not recommended to take it in such pathologies as:
- tendency to increased excitability;
- nerve strain;
- hypertension and increased intracranial pressure;
- coronary heart disease;
- liver disease;
- the presence of acute infections;
- vascular dystonia.
Also, the use of Chinese lemongrass is contraindicated in pregnancy, breastfeeding and young children.
In addition, even those who have excellent health should not abuse lemongrass and follow the recommendations on dosage. Take this biostimulator for 4-5 hours before bedtime. Treatment with the use of Schisandra Chinese is best carried out under medical supervision.
They said about the benefits, warned about the possible consequences, now we will consider in more detail the scope of application of the Chinese Schizandra.
For medicinal purposes, in addition to the cases already indicated, it is used:
- with exacerbated forms of depression;
- with old impotence;
- to strengthen the immune system;
- with diabetes;
- if necessary, stimulate brain activity;
- with male impotence;
- viral infections and lung diseases;
- with dysentery;
- for the treatment of skin diseases;
- with menopause;
- with intoxication;
- with jaundice;
- for the prevention of cancer.
For culinary and domestic purposes, Chinese lemongrass is also useful:
- do not eat raw berries for food: they are made into jam, dried, cooked kissels, syrups;
- it is used in culinary dishes;
- dried berries are brewed and drunk instead of tea;
- juice is added to tea in small quantities, as well as to wine, other drinks, or simply to water;
- leaves are put in marinades;
- lemongrass essential oil is used in the manufacture of cosmetics, perfumes and soaps.
It is noteworthy that, thanks to the dried fruits of Chinese Schizandra, Far Eastern hunters could remain without food for a long time, since one handful of berries provided them with energy for the whole day of hunting.
The magic aroma of schisandra has the magic power. Generally, it is considered a male plant. For a long time, sorcerers used lemongrass for such purposes:
- to restore strength in men;
- in order to remove damage and the evil eye;
- fumigated homes, preventing the intervention of otherworldly forces;
- to achieve career growth.
Medical recipes with Chinese lemongrass
As already mentioned, lemongrass is actively used in the preparation of culinary dishes, and for the treatment of various ailments. Let's look at a few recipes.
- lemongrass berries - 1 kg;
- sugar - 1.5 kg;
- apple juice - ½ tbsp.
- Berries are steamed and rubbed in a sieve to a state of mashed potatoes.
- In the puree add sugar and juice from apples.
- The jam is boiled, stirring, in a water bath until a crust forms.
- The finished jam is poured over the cans, hermetically closing them, and stored in a cold place.
Infusion to restore male power
- dried berries of lemongrass - 15 g;
- Yarrow - 20 g;
- oregano - 30 g;
- elecampane - 30 g;
- highlander - 40 g.
Preparation and use:
- All herbs are ground and mixed.
- 1 tsp. the mixture should pour 1 tbsp. boiling water and cool.
- Take the broth to 14 days, four times a day for 70 g.
So here you are, Chinese Schizandra: you will cheer up and feed you for a whole day, and you will set an old man on your feet, and you will heal from a serious illness. And indeed, the miracle and life-giving berries.