People tend to react differently to their own ailments. Someone at the slightest tingling runs to the doctor's office. And someone there can be "shoved", in the literal sense of the word, only with a clear threat to life. Today we will talk about the pain in the sternum on the right, about what reasons are required to encourage you to consult a specialist.
All because of my spine?
Let's start with the most obvious causes in the form of diseases. Diseases of the spine may well lead to unpleasant sensations in the chest, or more specifically, these are diagnoses such as:
- Intervertebral hernia;
- Radiculitis, which is accompanied by growths of bone nature;
- Scoliosis, complicated by pinching of the nerves;
- Ankylosing spondylitis, against which salt deposits occur along the entire spinal column;
- Instability of the vertebrae;
- Hypertonic muscle tissue.
This list of diseases of the spine, in which there may be pain in the chest on the right side, is not closed. These are just the most commonly used explanations for patient ailments. Therefore, as you can see, for making a specific diagnosis, you need to personally contact the doctor.
If you are worried about pain in the sternum on the right plus a cough, then the reasons are likely to lie in the failure of the respiratory system, for example:
- Right-sided pneumonia;
- The bronchi are affected by an infection causing disturbances in gas exchange. In this case, it will hurt on the left;
- Bronchial asthma;
- Tuberculosis can also cause pain on the right, since it is there that mycobacteria of this disease like to gather;
- Right pleurisy (dry);
- Obstructive bronchitis.
Diseases of the respiratory system often occur in a latent form, which is why it is so important to undergo fluorography in time to reach 18 years of age. And the pain in the chest on the right is just one more good reason to do it immediately.
If it's all about it, then you can be ill on the right side under such conditions as:
- Heartburn. When gastric juice becomes abundant and there is no food in the stomach, the acid begins to irritate its walls, and you feel pain;
- Delay food in the intestines;
- Diseases of the liver and biliary tract lead to the fact that the intestinal wall becomes wide, and you again feel unwell;
- Hepatitis is accompanied by abnormal liver size, which also causes pain syndrome on the right;
- Biliary tract dyskinesia has a constant symptom - pain in the sternum on the right.
I have a heart condition?
Yes, for this symptom, you can also learn about heart problems. With such diagnoses, most often the pain is localized on the left, but there are exceptions in the form:
- Angina pectoris, that is, the heart muscle lacks oxygen;
- Myocardial infarction (death of the heart muscle);
- Pericarditis, which means that the patient has inflammation of the pericardium.
Should not be discounted injury
If women have pain in the sternum on the right, then the cause may be injury during exercise. If your training regimen is compiled incorrectly, it can lead to the fact that the body will no longer cope with a given load. And, as a result, stretching of the muscles will appear, which will tell about its presence by pain.
The pain can be another sign of a bruise of varying degrees; usually a bruise can be seen at this place.
Your lifestyle depresses you
Such phenomena as unhealthy diet (obesity, diabetes), smoking, excessive exercise, running cold, love for a long stay in the cold, etc., can first turn into a pain in the sternum to the right, and then indicate serious health problems. Therefore, the best thing with this symptom is not to hope for some kind of miracle, but to consult a specialist. He will find out why you feel unwell, and after making a diagnosis, he will prescribe a competent treatment regimen.
Chest pain on the right side occurs most often due to heart disease, breathing, spinal cord. Also, the reasons may be enhanced sports, the wrong way of life. If you feel like these ailments, consult a doctor!