Celandine - a plant that has long been used to treat many diseases. This grass is common, it can be found almost everywhere. Due to its beneficial properties and the ability to treat skin diseases in the people it is called "wart".
The herb of the celandine has small flowers of golden-yellow color. They grow as an umbrella and appear in early May, they bloom in August. The plant is quite high and can reach 1 m in height, the stem is powerful and strong.
Celandine - a poisonous plant that must be used carefully. It can not be used to feed animals.
Celandine: healing properties
- Grass celandine has a lot of useful properties. It is used to treat various diseases: inflammation of the oral cavity and nasopharynx, hypertension, allergies, psoriasis, warts, myomas, scabies, herpes, various skin diseases, abscesses, and sunburn.
- Also, celandine is used in hypertension, atherosclerosis, fibromas, gall bladder problems, food poisoning, ulcers, leukemia, asthma, in violation of the liver and even in cancer.
- Doctors have long recognized the miraculous properties of this plant and are based on many of its preparations.
- To make the grass suitable for use, you need to cut it into small pieces, mince 2 times. Squeeze the juice from the prepared mass and pour it into a glass jar with an airtight lid.
Celandine: composition and properties
The composition of the plant includes many nutrients. For example, alkaloids are organic compounds of plant origin that contain nitrogen and can react with acids to form salts and water. In addition to alkaloids, the plant contains vitamins A and C, malic, succinic, citric and cheliodonic acids, carotene, saponins, flavonoids and essential oils.
Flavonoids have antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties, they are able to prevent allergies and the formation of malignant tumors. Saponins have expectorant and diuretic effects. Recent studies have shown that saponins can prevent the development of sclerosis.
Celandine: indications for use
- Skin diseases. Carefully lubricate problem areas with the juice of the celandine, gradually narrowing the treatment area. This leads to tissue repair.
- Mastitis. Lubricate the cracks with juice on the inflamed areas.
- Inflammation of the oral cavity (inflammation of the gums, stomatitis, etc.). Lubricate with a lesion site or rinse your mouth for 2-5 minutes. The procedure is performed 3 times a day before meals. Cannot be swallowed!
- Diseases of the nasopharynx. Bury the celandine juice with a few drops in each nostril.
- Joint diseases. Rub in the affected areas several times a day.
- Inflammation of the female genitourinary system. It is recommended to carry out syringing with celandine tincture during the week.
- Hemorrhoids. Lubricate the outer nodes of grass juice and drink the tincture of celandine.
- Eczema. Lubricate the affected areas with celandine juice. You can drink the tincture of herbs: 0.5 cups 15 minutes before meals.
- For acne. Pour 2 tbsp. dried herbs celandine 0.5 liters of boiling water. Let it brew for 3 hours, strain and wipe problem areas.
When to collect celandine?
For health purposes, the grass can be used all year round. To make the tool as effective as possible, it must be properly prepared and assembled. The plant can be prepared for future use, and you can use it in the winter.
Dry sunny days during flowering (from May to August) are ideal for gathering grass. Find a place where growing celandine. Carefully look for any diseased plants (they look sluggish and pale colored). They are not suitable for drying, because already lost most of the beneficial properties.
The grass is cut at a distance of 10 cm from the ground, without affecting the root. Plants can be broken by hand, but with gloves. The juice should not get on the skin and clothes: there will be unpleasant burns on the skin, and corrosive green spots on the clothes.
Spread out the grass in a thin layer, periodically shifting it. Best of all, the plant is dried in limbo. Ready raw materials are stored in linen or paper bags.
An overdose of the herb can cause paralysis, convulsions, an increase in the tone of the intestines and the uterus, as well as atypical manifestations of the nervous system. Drugs from the plant are contraindicated in pregnant women, people suffering from heart disease, mental illness and hypotension.
- Cleansing the body with the help of folk remedies
- Treatment of uterine fibroids folk remedies
- Celandine oil: useful properties.
Celandine is a useful herb that is effectively used to treat many diseases. Dry grass can be purchased at the pharmacy or prepare it yourself, following all the rules. Before using the plant, consult with a specialist and strictly follow the recommended dosage!