Scanty monthly scientifically called hypomenorrhea. They indicate a violation of the menstrual cycle, which is characterized by small secretions. Hypomenorrhea may be accompanied by oligomenorrhea. (reduced duration of the menstrual cycle).
The causes of scanty periods are usually a violation of the physiological state of the female body or pathological changes in the female genital area. When such a problem arises, many women wonder. - Why are monthly periods scarce?
Scanty monthly: symptoms
- At the end of the menstrual cycle, the upper layer of the endometrium is rejected in the uterus, which provokes the appearance of monthly bleeding. Bleeding is characterized by blood secretions from the genital tract.. Normally, menstruation lasts 3–5 days with an interval of 21–35 days. Menstruation may be accompanied by weakly painful sensations in the lower abdomen. The optimal blood loss during this period is 50 to 150 ml.
- During the period of hypomenorrhea, poor monthly brown color appears.. The duration of menstruation during this period can last 1 - 3 days, depending on the state of the body. If you have noticed very scanty periods - This is a reason to consult a doctor. After all, a decrease in normal values is characterized by impaired menstrual function.
- Hypomenorrhea may be accompanied by nausea, severe pain in the lower back and lower abdomen, headache, depression, constipation and severe chest sensitivity. Some women have nasal bleeding during scanty periods., which appear every menstruation.
- During puberty, hypomenorrhea is a completely normal phenomenon., which testifies to the natural hormonal changes. If you have noticed signs of hypomenorrhea in the reproductive phase, this indicates serious disruptions in the sexual and other body systems.
Why do menstruations become scarce?
The basis of the development of hypomenorrhea is a violation of the ovaries and pituitary. Also, poor monthly endometrium in the uterine cavity due to intrauterine manipulations (curettage, abortions, etc.), as well as due to various inflammations, can be the cause of scanty periods. Disruption of hormone production leads to inadequate blood circulation in the uterus and abnormal changes in the endometrium. As a result, the woman appears scanty periods.
Among the reasons why the monthly became scarce are the following:
- Dramatic weight loss, diet, anorexia.
- Exhausting physical activities.
- Metabolic disorders, anemia, hypovitaminosis.
- Stress, nerve overload, depression.
- Urinary tract operations.
- Incorrectly chosen oral contraceptives.
- Endocrine gland malfunction.
- Lactation period.
- Partial removal of the uterus.
- Inflammation of the genital organs and infectious diseases of the genital tract.
- Effects on the reproductive system of chemicals.
Very scanty periods: diagnosis and treatment
To find out the real causes of hypomenorrhea, a woman must visit a gynecologist and undergo a medical examination, after which she will be prescribed the correct and effective treatment.-
Medical examination includes:
- Collecting history.
- Gynecological examination.
- A smear of the genital tract for the presence of cytology.
- Ultrasound of the ovaries and uterus.
- Baculitis of genital infections.
- PCR diagnosis of genital infections.
- Determination of hormones in urine and blood.
- Estimation of basal temperature.
Despite the fact that the survey includes many tests and procedures, it will help to thoroughly examine the condition of your internal organs by finding out the real reason for the appearance of very scanty periods.
Treatment of scanty periods can only be prescribed by a doctor following a complete examination.. There is no way you can give yourself the correct diagnosis and prescribe the right medications. In no case do not try to apply the methods of traditional medicine, so as not to aggravate the situation. If hypomenorrhea appeared due to improper nutrition, too much physical activity, nervous tension, you will correct the causes of appearance. For example, if scanty periods are caused by an unhealthy diet, the doctor will prescribe a proper diet that will cause the menstrual cycle to return to its normal state. They may also prescribe hormones, vitamins and antifungal agents..
For the treatment of scanty menses, medications based on homeopathic remedies have proven themselves well., which are similar to the action of hormones. If hypomenorrhea is accompanied by depression, weakness, nausea, headache, apathy, etc., psychotherapeutic or physiotherapeutic treatment is used. Such a methodeliminate functional disorders and establish a regular cycle.
If the cause of scanty periods is lactation or premenopausal, you will not need treatment..
Poor monthly - a problem to be solved.. You can not ignore the signals of your body. To determine what the problem is, be sure to visit a gynecologist. Do not trust the advice of girlfriends or the Internet, which advises to use various herbs or douching for treating hypomenorrhea - this can provoke complications after which you cannot become pregnant.