Everyone is used to the fact that fever warns of flu or ARVI. But suddenly it happens that there is a temperature without symptoms of a cold in an adult. There is no cold, no cough, nothing seems to hurt ... When and why this can happen and is there always a reason to worry?
Freelance: temperature without familiar satellites
In the human body, everything is thought out. He discovers the problem and tries to solve it, or at least warn about a malfunction in his work. One of these mechanisms of “warning” a person about the disorder is a rise in temperature. However, not always the cause of hyperthermia is a cold.
In our country, a temperature of up to 37 degrees is considered normal. Everything above is already regarded as a manifestation of a disease. Of course, there are exceptions to all the rules, some people live with a temperature of 36˚, while for others it constantly keeps at 37.4˚. In addition, the morning temperature is always lower than the evening one. The “gold standard”, as is known, is 36.6. And if the temperature has exceeded 37˚, and there are no other symptoms, this is a sign that something bad is going on in the body.
15 causes of non-cold temperature rise
So, if the temperature rises without symptoms of a cold in an adult, the reason may be associated with such pathologies.
- Purulent and infectious diseases:
- if at different times of the day the temperature increases or falls (without the help of antipyretic), this can be regarded as a manifestation of tuberculosis or abscess;
- if the pathological temperature remains at the same level all day, it is a reason to assume typhoid or typhus and more rare illnesses;
- if the fever does not go away for several days, but slowly decreases, it is likely that it is associated with urinary tract infections, Charcot's disease (motor neuron disease, in which brain cells are destroyed) sodoku (it is bitten by rats), malaria (a person suffers from severe chills, headache);
- Injuries - fractures, bruises, sprains. Even the thorn in the finger, if the wound is not treated and does not remove an alien object, can provoke inflammation and fever.
- Tumors (cancerous, benign). Temperature 38 in an adult without symptoms of a cold in this case lasts about a month or longer. There are additional symptoms: general weakness, hair loss, a sharp decrease in body weight. This can speak about tumors in the kidneys, lungs, and liver.
- Endocrine diseases (goiter, porphyria, thyrotoxicosis). As a rule, the temperature is kept between 37 and 38 degrees, but constantly. There are other signs: whining, losing weight, irritability, sleep disturbance.
- Kidney disease (pyelonephritis, glomerulonephritis). When inflammation can reach a temperature of 39˚, and it does not get off the usual antipyretic. The patient is also often worried about chills, aching or dagger pain in the lumbar region, which gives to the groin area.
- Myocardial infarction or lung. About these ailments also prevents pain in the chest.
- Diseases of the joints (rheumatoid arthritis, rheumatism). Stiffness, pain and redness may occur in the area of the affected joint.
- Leukemia, lymphoma, hemolysis. There is a fever with a periodic decrease and increase in temperature.
- Allergy. This condition is often accompanied by a slight increase in temperature. To bring it back to normal, enough to get rid of the source of allergies and take anti-allergy means.
- Infective endocarditis. It develops if a person has had a sore throat or flu in the legs. The thermometer can show from 37.5 to 40˚. Self-medication is strictly contraindicated.
- Meningococcal infection. For a long time does not give suspicious symptoms. The first sign may be a "jump" of temperature to 40. It gets off, but soon rises again. Emergency assistance is required.
- Poisoning substandard food. It is clear that in addition to temperature, nausea, vomiting and stool disorders may occur.
- Mental disorders - schizophrenia.
- Sepsis. Infection of the blood as a result of the presence of ulcers in the throat, abscess after injections, pneumonia, or undertreated kidney disease.
- Hypothalamic syndrome. This is a pathology that has not yet been fully studied. Increased temperature is not normalized for years, it is impossible to reduce. Gradually, the body gets used to this state of affairs. The patient is prescribed only sedatives.
Less serious reasons for lifting
If there is a temperature of 38 without symptoms in an adult, the reasons may not be related to diseases of the internal organs, namely:
- frostbite or burn;
- overheating in the sun or during hot weather, as well as a long stay in the bath with hot water, which causes a violation of thermoregulation;
- negative emotions. When nervous tension, fear, some jumps pressure and temperature;
- use of alcoholic beverages.
It should be said about those cases where the temperature without cough and runny nose in an adult does not pose any threat and is not a reason for treatment. Such a phenomenon can provoke a strong physical strain (for example, active training in the gym). Purely female cause - menstruation. The temperature may slightly deviate from the norm during the period of ovulation. For those who suffer from IRR, it is also able to rise for no reason.
Since there are many reasons, there is no universal advice on how to return the numbers on the thermometer to normal. You should consult your doctor and get a diagnosis: sputum culture, blood test, urine, ultrasound, radiography. Perhaps antibiotics will be prescribed or specific therapy will be required.
In any case, do not get carried away with antipyretic, because they are fighting with the symptom, and not with the disease, and therefore will not help to recover. You only confuse doctors and make it difficult to make a diagnosis. If you do not know why the thermometer shows "abnormal" temperature, rather call a doctor.