Blood pressure increase is a variable symptom and it can depend not only on the stress experienced by the body, diseases, but also on the season, body position and even the time of day! In any case, this pathology requires constant monitoring and serious treatment.
First of all, it is necessary to eliminate vascular spasm, therefore there are many drugs for its removal, but more often it is not enough. Then the treatment is carried out more efficient ways, the therapeutic effect of which is aimed at blocking certain enzymes. Among the masses of drugs belonging to this group, captopril can be distinguished, it has relatively fewer side effects.
Captopril: what are these pills treated for?
Captopril is a drug that lowers blood pressure and blocks the angiotensin-converting enzyme. In addition, it has a vasodilating effect and prevents the development of renal impairment in diabetes mellitus, more precisely, in its insulin-dependent form.
The highest concentration of the drug occurs within half an hour after taking it (it all depends on the meal). It is derived through the kidneys. By the way, this drug has the ability to penetrate into breast milk!
Indications for the use of this tool are:
- Increased blood pressure, which was caused by various reasons;
- Impaired left ventricular function after myocardial infarction (but with the condition that the patient’s condition is stable);
- Functional failure of the heart of the chronic course;
- Kidney damage in the insulin-dependent form of diabetes.
- It is necessary to know that captopril, despite its relative safety, has a number of side effects, which include:
- Impaired functioning of the organs of the nervous system (general weakness in the body, headaches, dizziness, fatigue, spontaneous muscle contraction);
- Disruption of the hematopoietic system (decrease in hemoglobin level, increase in the number of agranulocytes, decrease in the number of neutrophils, decrease in the number of platelets);
- Violation of the functioning of the cardiovascular system (decrease in pressure with a change in body position, increased heart rate);
- Violation of metabolic processes (violation of acidity (in the acidic side), increasing the level of potassium ions);
- Disruption of the digestive organs (loss of or complete loss of appetite, stool disorders, taste perception, nausea, abdominal pain, increased liver enzymes, bilirubin, bile stasis, inflammation of the liver, pancreas);
- Disruption of the functioning of the urinary system (increasing the concentration of urea and creatinine in the blood plasma, the formation of protein in the urine);
- Respiratory disorders (dry cough formation).
For contraindications captopril include the following indicators:
- The patient is under the age of 18;
- Hypersensitivity or individual intolerance to the drug or its individual components;
- Pregnancy and lactation. During pregnancy, captopril is strictly prohibited to take, and during lactation - only in some cases and only under the condition of complete failure to breastfeed.
- Cases of drug overdose are currently not recorded.
How to take the drug?
The initial recommended dosage of the drug is 6.25-12.5 mg up to 3 times a day. If necessary, the dose can be gradually increased to 25-50 mg 3 times a day. The maximum dose of the drug is 150 mg per day.-
Patients who suffer from impaired kidney function are prescribed at a lower dosage, and those with heart failure should take the medicine only under the strict supervision of the attending physician.
During the course of treatment, the patient may experience a false positive result of laboratory tests of urine for the presence of acetone.
Children can be prescribed captopril treatment only when other drugs cannot give a positive effect.
Those people whose work is directly related to the management of complex mechanisms and vehicles will have to refuse to perform the labor function during drug treatment.
We select pharmaceutical products - analogues
According to the active component, the following pharmacological agents can be attributed to captopril analogues: Captopril STI, Captopril Ferein, Captopril Acry, Captopril Sandoz, Vero Captopril, Captopril UBF, Captopril AKOS, Captopril Hexal, Captopril FPO, Captopril Sar, Captopril Aegis, Katopil, Epsitron, Capoten, Blockordil, Alkadil, Angiopril-25. So captopril has a lot of drugs - analogues, because of this, some patients often wonder: so what is better - captopril or, for example, capoten. The fact is that both of these drugs are almost identical and differ only in the company that produces them, and, therefore, in price.
Captopril: patient reviews
- Milena: Once at work my head ached very much, I thought that it was pressure again. In the evening I went to the pharmacy, where they measured the pressure, the result: 195/117. The professor advised me to hold captopril tablets under the tongue хотя, although I had never taken it before. Immediately followed her advice. An hour later, at home, she decided to try on the pressure: 155/96. Feelings have become wonderful, thanks to our pharmacists for this tool!
- Olga: There were constant problems with pressure, but after taking captopril a side effect appeared, namely: a terrible edema developed. And now I have swelling after taking some other medications, although this has not happened before.
- Alexey: I accept captopril not always, but only in cases where the pressure strongly jumps up. The doctor advised me not to get involved in this drug and undergo the treatment with Anaparin, the advice helped, I feel good.
- Irina: Started taking captopril on the advice of a friend. In general, I often suffer from high blood pressure, but after a short time after taking the medicine, I begin to feel very good!
Captopril can be attributed to those drugs that perfectly reduce blood pressure. But you can start his reception only after consulting with your doctor, in order to avoid negative consequences! The fact is that the remedy has a sufficient number of contraindications and some side effects.