Blood pressure is one of the fundamental indicators of the functioning of the body. Due to the pressure, blood flows in the required directions, spreading nutrients throughout the body. Capoten medicine was created specifically for people suffering from hypertension. Thanks to its use in a short time, you can normalize blood pressure and improve well-being.
"Kapoten" from pressure: indications for use
Many people experience hypertension even at a young age. One of the most popular drugs for pressure, which is prescribed by doctors, is capoten. The active substance contained in the preparation, reduces the activity and prevents the activity of enzymes that play a leading role in regulating blood pressure. Thanks to the active substances, there is observed not only the normalization of pressure, but also significantly improves the blood flow of peripheral vessels. Prolonged use of the drug leads to a significant decrease in hypertrophy of the heart and vascular walls.
In addition, Capoten reduces the content of sodium ions, which improves the condition of patients who suffer from chronic functional kidney failure. The therapeutic effect of the drug is observed within an hour after application. Kapoten perfectly binds to blood proteins and is excreted through the kidneys 4 to 6 hours after administration in unchanged form.
Among the indications for use of capoten are:
- Hypertonic disease;
- Heart failure
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- Excretory arterial hypertension stage 2
- Defect of work of a left cardiac ventricle.
How to take the drug?
This medicine belongs to a number of strong specific agents, therefore, its incorrect use and abuse can lead to serious consequences. With improper dosage hypertension can be replaced by hypotension. Taking the drug Capoten, starting with small doses, the dosage can be set only by a doctor.
In case of arterial hypertension, it is recommended to start taking the medicine at 12.5 mg 2 times a day. In severe hypertension, the dose is gradually increased, under the supervision of a physician, to 50 mg 2 times a day. In the post-infarction period, capoten is prescribed already 3 days after the onset of the attack in the initial dosage (6.25 mg per day). Gradually increase the dose to 75 - 150 mg, taking 2 - 3 times a day. People with chronic heart failure are prescribed capoten as the main prophylactic agent, and the initial dosage does not exceed 6.25 mg 3 times a day.
It happens that capoten is prescribed to pediatric patients and is taken under medical supervision. Initially, the drug is used in a dosage of 0.3 mg per kg of body weight. The maximum allowable dose is 6 mg per kg of body weight. The daily dose is divided into 2 - 3 times. The dosage is prescribed strictly individually and only by a doctor. If, after taking the drug, your child felt bad, immediately stop taking it and inform your doctor.
Kapoten accept inside, washing down with water. After taking the medicine, its concentration in the blood reaches the required level within 40 minutes, and an hour after taking it, the condition stabilizes and the patient feels much better. With a sharp increase in pressure, the drug is recommended to be put under.
This drug, like all medicines, has a number of contraindications:
- Individual intolerance means and its components;
- Quincke’s edema;
- Violations (pronounced) of the kidneys and liver;
- Pregnancy and lactation;
- Bilateral renal artery stenosis or arterial stenosis of a single kidney;
- Condition after kidney transplantation;
- Stenosis of the mouth of the aorta and other diseases that impede the outflow of blood.
- Dysfunction of the urinary system;
- Violation of the circulatory system (as a result, numbness of the arms, legs);
- Heart rhythm disturbance and persistent lowering of blood pressure;
- Loss of taste;
- Stomach irritation;
- Stomach ache;
- Inflammation of the liver;
- Violation of the gallbladder and biliary tract;
- Urticaria, itching, rash, irritation;
- Serum sickness.
If you have any side effects, immediately stop taking capoten and consult a specialist.
What are the analogs?
Captopril is an active substance based on captopril and its analogues. Many analog preparations are produced with the monotonous name of the active substance: "Captopril-AKOS", "Kapril", "Captopril-Acre", "Vero-Captopril", "Captopril-UBF", etc. Good reviews of doctors received pills "Angiopril", which are produced in 25 pieces. packaged.
There are dozens of other drugs similar to capoten. Among them are well known "Enalapril", "Enap", "Enam", "Enafarm", "Alkadil", "Katopil", etc. They act like capoten and struggle with the same problems.
"Capoten": patient reviews
- Polina: Capoten is an excellent medicine for blood pressure. I know him for a long time and I can’t say anything bad. He does his job, after taking it, I feel significant relief, the pressure decreases, my head stops hurting. The only negative - a lot of side effects.
- Grigory: I am a hypertensive patient with experience, so I always have a kapoten in my home medicine cabinet. I was prescribed by a doctor, since then it is only them that I save myself. True, a significant drawback emerged - after the use of the drug, the tongue becomes numb for a long time.
- Valentina: I am saving myself from a hypertensive crisis only by capoten. It helps quickly, though not very long, costs a penny and comes in a convenient package. I have not identified any side effects, my mother, too.
Capoten is an effective drug for the treatment of diseases characterized by high blood pressure and heart failure. The drug has many analogues and side effects, so it is recommended to take it only on prescription and in a strict dosage.