Allergy is an increased sensitivity of the body to any irritant. Someone may be allergic to citrus fruits, another may have pollen, and the third may cause animal hair. During an allergy, there may be no immune response in the body. But it can, on the contrary, be accompanied by itching, swelling, reddening of the skin, sneezing and coughing.
To cope with allergies Doctors often prescribe calcium gluconate, which prevents the development of this reaction in the body.
Allergy can be recognized by the essential features:
- Swelling of the face.
- Dark circles under the eyes.
- Rash on the body.
- General malaise.
- Irritation of mucous membranes.
- Dry or wet cough.
- Lack of temperature.,
Why do experts prescribe calcium gluconate to patients?
Experts have shown that even a small calcium deficiency in the body enhances sensitivity to various products. Calcium gluconate is prescribed to all people prone to allergic reactions. With an increase in the amount of calcium in the body, fewer antigens enter the cells. That is why the likelihood of an incorrect reaction to various stimuli is reduced.
That is why allergies often occur in children. During growth, the calcium content in the body decreases, which makes it susceptible to allergies.
Currently, it is believed that calcium gluconate for allergies is not effective. This is due to the fact that the market is full of modern drugs that need to be implemented. And calcium gluconate is sold at an affordable price, which is a significant competition for modern drugs.
Calcium gluconate: application
It is recommended to use the preparation for the following problems:
- Decreased function of the parathyroid glands.
- Lack of calcium in the body.
- To reduce the permeability of blood vessels in the period of pathological processes.
- Various lesions of the liver.
- Skin diseases.
- Antidote for poisoning with magnesium salts, oxalic and fluoric acids.
Calcium Gluconate Doses:
In tablet form, the drug is prescribed before meals. Adults: 2 - 3 times a day, 2 to 6 tablets. Children aged 3 - 5 years: 2 tablets per day, from 5 - 6 years: 2 - 2.5 tablets per day, from 10 years: 2 - 3 times a day, 5 tablets. The course of treatment is 1 week. If necessary, repeat the treatment. The correct dose of the drug can be prescribed only by a doctor., so do not try to define it yourself. Otherwise, the lack or excess of calcium gluconate in the body can lead to serious consequences.
Intramuscularly or intravenously, the drug is administered as follows:
- Adults - 5 - 10 ml of 10% solution every day, every other day or in two days. The frequency of drug administration is determined by the patient's condition or the nature of the disease.
- Children, depending on age - 1 - 5 ml of 10% solution every 3 days.
- Before you enter the solution intravenously, it is warmed to the temperature of the human body. The syringe to be injected should be perfectly clean. Otherwise, calcium gluconate may precipitate.
- During pregnancy, to prevent bleeding, the drug is prescribed at 28 weeks. Re-drug is administered at 32 and 36 weeks. Each course of treatment lasts from 7 to 10 days. During lactation, the drug is stopped.
Like all drugs, calcium gluconate has its own side effects:
- General malaise.
If you notice side effects, immediately stop taking the drug and consult your doctor.
Calcium gluconate: contraindications
- The drug has several contraindications.
- Increased calcium in the body.
- Predisposition to the formation of blood clots.
Children under the age of 3 years are not recommended to give the drug in pills.
Calcium gluconate: interaction with other drugs
- Pharmaceutically incompatible with sulphates, carbonates, salicylates and ethanol.
- Forms insoluble salts with tetracycline antibiotics.
- Combined use with quinidide slows intraventricular conduction and increases the toxicity of quinidine.
- When combined with thiazide diuretics, it increases hypercalcemia, the bioavailability of phenytoin.
An overdose of the drug can lead to unpleasant consequences.. If you have taken an excess dose of calcium gluconate, you need to wash the stomach with 2% sodium bicarbonate solution. To eliminate hypercalcemia, you need to enter 5 - 10 IU / kg / day. calcitonin. It is diluted in ½ l of saline with a 0.9% solution of sodium chloride.
Calcium gluconate is an excellent and inexpensive drug that can reduce allergic reactions. Before using the drug, you should consult with your doctor and take strictly on prescription. Children should be given care carefully so as not to provoke an excess of calcium in the body.
Especially for womeninahomeoffice.com.ru- Misnik Svetlana