Our grandmothers and their parents very much appreciated the properties of the northern berries. Blueberries belong to the northern berries.
Blueberry is a small northern plant. The name got its due to the color of ripe berries. Berries are called the same as the plant as a whole - blueberries. Blueberries love northern latitudes, cold habitats and a temperate climate.
Blueberry berries are small, about 1 cm in diameter, with a slight white bloom and a bluish tinge.
Useful properties of blueberry berries due to the content of useful substances.
What do blueberries contain? They are rich in vitamins, especially vitamins A, E and C. They contain sugars and useful organic acids, such as lemon, malic, acetic, oxalic and others. Rich in blueberries with pectin. steroids, flavonoids, etc.
Useful properties of blueberry
- In folk medicine use not only blueberries, but also leaves. Both have healing properties.
- Blueberry berries increase appetite, because it improves the formation of gastric juice.
- Blueberry normalizes and improves metabolism. Due to the presence in the berries of pectic substances, from the human body, when he ate blueberries, toxic substances, heavy metals, and radionuclides are removed.
- Blueberries are extremely rich in iron. According to herbalists, there is even more iron in its berries than in apples.
- Berries have anti-inflammatory properties. The polyphenols contained in it are capable of neutralizing bacteria that cause various kinds of inflammation.
- Useful berries and diabetics, because it lowers blood sugar.
- Blueberries lower harmful cholesterol.
- The use of blueberries in moderation helps reduce the risk of developing cardiovascular diseases.
- The composition of the blueberry includes natural antioxidants and anthocyanins, the latter is what gives the berries a corresponding color.
- A decoction of blueberry berries is very useful as a tonic, to increase the body's resistance to viral and catarrhal infections.
- Decoction is also used for diarrhea, gastritis and other gastrointestinal diseases.
- With a deficiency of vitamins also recommend drinking a decoction of blueberries. It is recommended for patients with arthritis.
- Blueberries are an excellent antipyretic and antifebrile agent.
- Hypertensive patients also need to eat blueberries in moderation and use a decoction of its berries.
- It is believed that a decoction of blueberries helps to cope with worms.
- Blueberries contribute to the speedy recovery of diseases of the urinary system (cystitis, pyelonephritis).
- Anemia is also treated with the beneficial properties of blueberries.
- For heart diseases, blueberries are also a loyal assistant.
- Infusion of blueberry leaves is able to provide a mild laxative property.
- Blueberry expanding acts on the blood vessels.
- Blueberries for women is useful because it slows down the aging process of the skin. Eat berries of blueberry in moderation, drink broths and infusions of blueberry and stay beautiful and young!
- Blue northern berry also contributes to the active work of the brain. It protects our body and brain, including from the negative effects of the environment, in particular from radiation exposure. Berry is able to bind and remove such radioactive elements as cobalt and strontium.
- Mulberry in traditional medicine
- What is useful cloudberries?
The benefits of blueberries are obvious. Therefore, the northern inhabitants of our country are very fortunate that they grow it in the forest. Those who live further south also want to advise sometimes eat blueberries, even purchased, imported. After all It is so useful and helps with many diseases!