Allergy is becoming every year an increasingly common disease. One of its varieties is pollinosis, a disease caused by pollen. In the people it is called seasonal rhinitis, spring Qatar, seasonal fever, pollen asthma, etc.
The most common manifestation of this disease is allergic rhinitis, seasonal bronchial asthma, seasonal conjunctivitis, as well as atopic dermatitis. Allergic rhinitis usually manifested in the form of tickling and severe itching in the nose, in addition, from the nose appear watery discharge, sneezing, nasal congestion, often this is accompanied by a decrease in smell. Children may experience pain and tinnitus.
Allergic Conjunctivitis manifested in the form of itching and redness of the eyes, tearing, swelling of the conjunctiva, feeling of sand in the eyes, but there is no purulent discharge.
In 20 percent of cases of the disease, asthma attacks are possible, since in bronchial asthma. In addition, a skin rash and other dermatological changes appear on the open parts of the body, which doctors diagnose as photodermatitis. Development of urticaria, angioedema, seasonal dermatitis with severe itching and other rashes is not excluded. Often this allergy is accompanied by headaches, fatigue, tearfulness, irritability and sleep disorders. Less common may be chills, fever and damage to other body systems.
One of the clear signs of bloom allergy is the seasonality of the disease., its symptoms appear at the same time of year, and the duration of the disease may vary due to a flowering shift due to weather conditions.
One cannot ignore the fact that this disease can be formed due to the blooming of flowers of a particular plant species, be it cereal, complex flowers or trees.
Medicine has not fully studied this type of allergy, almost anyone can succumb to its effects.
- Cold allergy: symptoms, treatment, photo
- Allergy to dust: symptoms and treatment
- Dioxidine in the nose for children
Allergy to bloom: treatment
From allergies can not be cured completely. All that can be done is to reduce its manifestations and stabilize the patient’s condition. Before the flowering period, it is recommended to undergo a course of drug therapy, which includes antihistamines and other antiallergic drugs. Under no circumstances should they be taken on their own; only a qualified specialist can prescribe treatment. At best, drugs that are not suitable for the patient will not bring any benefit, and at worst, they will cause harm. In addition, the doctor will independently draw up a treatment regimen for the patient.
Even in medicine, a method such as desensitization is used. To do this, causal allergens are introduced into the patient's body, starting with small doses and ending with large doses. Thus, a decrease in the body's sensitivity to pollen is achieved, thereby reducing the manifestations of the disease.
Blossom Allergy Medicine
The basis for the treatment of any allergy is to limit contact or remove the allergen. But since in the case of an allergy to pollen, it sometimes becomes impossible to do so, you have to resort to pharmacological agents that are of several types:
- antihistamines - do not affect the metabolism or production of histamine, and block its receptors;
- Mast cell stabilizers — Nedocromil and Cromolin are examples of this group of drugs. They are used in cases where other pharmacological agents have no effect or are contraindicated for the patient. Drugs in this group block the release of mast cell mediators;
- anti-inflammatory drugs - administered orally or intranasally. They are used for severe, but self-quit allergic disorders, since allergic dermatitis or an outbreak of seasonal asthma;
- anti-lekotiene drugs - used as a treatment for mild asthma and seasonal allergic rhinitis;
- immunotherapy - is used in case of ineffectiveness of drug therapy and if contact with the allergen cannot be limited.
Allergy to bloom: treatment of folk remedies
You can get rid of seasonal allergies or alleviate its symptoms with the help of traditional medicine. If the disease is caused by the flowering and pollination of certain plants, then upon returning home from the street, you must take a shower and rinse your throat with plain water.
- One of the assistants in the fight against the disease in this case can be a decoction of calendula: 1 tbsp. boiling water need to pour 10 flowers of calendula, insist 30 minutes and use 3-4 times a day and 1 tbsp. l
- Another remedy is chamomile decoction: 1 tbsp. l flowers should be poured 1 tbsp. boiling water, boil for half an hour on low heat, insist and use 6 times a day and 1 tbsp. l
- If the disease has caused damage to the eyes, you can topically apply the juice of meadow clover inflorescences.
- One of the universal remedies for the treatment of allergy, flowering is a series of infusion applied orally. But they need to be treated for at least 5 years. This herb is brewed like tea, and it is drunk 25 minutes after brewing. The color of the product should be golden, there are no certain dosages, since the series will not harm the body. But it is better to collect it yourself, and then dry in the shade. This tea will cleanse the body and relieve allergies.
You can also try homeopathic remedies as a treatment for this disease.
Allergy to bloom: useful tips
- Allergy to flowering makes the body's immune system work in an enhanced mode. What can quickly disable it, so the first step to treating this disease is eating food that has an anti-inflammatory effect.
- A healthy digestive system is an important step to increase immunity. It is necessary to eat fish oil, walnuts, linseed oil more often - they are enriched with alpha-linolenic acid. You also need to include in your diet prebiotics or live bacteria, for this you need to eat yogurts with live cultures. They strengthen the digestive system and stimulate the immune system.
- The nose must be clean - for this it should be regularly washed, thereby removing a certain amount of allergens before they begin to bring harm. It is advisable to use this solution for washing the nasal cavity: 1 tsp. Table salt 0.5 liters of warm water.
- In the morning, in dry weather, it is better to be indoors, to go out in case of emergency. After all, pollen is volatile, and even if there are no allergen plants in your yard, this does not mean that it will not be transferred by faith.
- In the room where you are, you need to close all windows and doors tightly, and it is better to hang the vents with wet gauze. The floor, window sills and tables should be wiped with a damp cloth as often as possible.
- Lingerie is better not to dry on the balcony. Walking on the street only in the evening, when the content of pollen in the air is minimized.
- There are also nasal drops that help get rid of allergic rhinitis, but it is worth considering that they are addictive.
See also: Antihistamines for children
Let cure allergy to flowering is very difficult, it is possible to alleviate its symptoms, by performing simple manipulations or restricting access of the allergen itself. Follow the simple rules of personal hygiene, often do wet cleaning during the flowering period of plants, do not forget to monitor your immunity. And most importantly - before you start taking certain pharmacological drugs or traditional medicine, be sure to go through a consultation with a qualified specialist!