Various factors can cause excess gas to build up in the intestines. This condition causes not only discomfort, but also pain. As you already understood, today's topic is bloating. We will discuss the causes and treatment of this disease in our article.
A brief excursion into human physiology
For the full course of the digestive process, our intestines simply need air. In everyday life, we say that gases accumulate in the intestinal cavity. A certain amount of air enters the process of eating, and part of the gas is produced by bicarbonates and blood.
In normal condition, no more than 0.9 liters of gas should be produced in the intestines and stomach per day. When raising this mark, we are talking about bloating. The causes and treatment in adults of this disease have their own characteristics. Before we talk about how to get rid of such an unpleasant condition, let's find out the causes of flatulence.
So, the factors that affect the excessive formation of gases, can be divided into two large groups:
Causes of abdominal distention, unrelated to the development of pathology, are the following:
- systematic consumption of beverages with a high content of gas;
- the ingestion of a large amount of air during a meal (in particular, when talking);
- binge eating;
- receiving a number of pharmacological agents containing lactulose;
- use of table soda as a remedy for heartburn;
- menstrual bleeding;
- a sharp change in the level of atmospheric pressure (this applies to people working at height);
- taking preparations for cleaning the intestines before ultrasound diagnosis.
Excessive gas formation in the intestinal and gastric cavities, leading to flatulence, may also be due to the use of a number of products, in particular:
- potatoes in any form;
- cabbage of various grades;
- products belonging to the fermented milk group;
- foam drinks;
- black bread varieties.
If we talk about pathologies that lead to the emergence of flatulence, then these mainly include diseases of the digestive tract organs. The causes of bloating can be the following diseases:
- intestinal obstruction of various types;
- intestinal dysbiosis;
- psychogenic meteorism;
- infectious bowel disease;
- violation of the full patency of blood vessels;
- pathologies of the bile ducts, for example, cholecystitis;
- liver disease;
- malignant tumors.
We go to the doctor: what do you need to prepare for?
When abdominal distention occurs, you should contact a specialist to determine the cause. To identify the cause, the doctor will conduct a full examination, then treatment is prescribed, which in some cases involves taking pills. The patient must pass some tests. To obtain a detailed clinical picture, a specialist can assign the following procedures:
- ultrasound diagnosis of the peritoneal cavity;
- X-ray examination of the intestinal cavity.
After identifying the cause of the development of flatulence, the attending specialist will prescribe therapy on an individual basis. Treatment of abdominal distention includes not only pills and other pharmacological agents, but also compliance with the diet. So, at the time of treatment the patient should exclude from the diet the following foods:
- any mushrooms;
- assorted cabbage;
- any drinks with a high content of gases.
Special pharmacological agents are also used for the treatment. First of all, a specialized specialist prescribes medications that can eliminate the excessive concentration of gases in the intestinal cavity. These drugs include:
- "Espumizan" and others.
Be sure to take adsorbing agents that will remove harmful substances from the body, for example, Smektu, White Coal or Atoxil. After the elimination of flatulence, normal intestinal peristalsis should be restored, for which the following pharmaceutical preparations are prescribed for the patient:
- "Motilium", etc.
To normalize the digestive process will require the use of funds containing enzymes. This group of pharmacological drugs include Pancreatin, Mezim, and Creon.-
Independently choose drugs for the treatment of flatulence is not necessary. As you can see, for the recovery and normalization of the process of gas formation in the intestinal cavity, complex treatment and competent approach of a specialized physician are required.
Bloating: the help of traditional medicine
We have already found out the causes of bloating and examined the main aspects of the treatment of meteorism with pharmacological preparations. It was the turn to talk about the treatment of this disease folk remedies. First of all, patients with such a diagnosis should pay close attention to their daily diet. The following products will help get rid of bloating:
- boiled rice;
- low-fat meat fillets, such as chicken or turkey;
- spices, in particular, ginger root, parsley, cardamom and fennel.
Once you have balanced your diet and eliminated products that cause excessive gas formation in the intestinal cavity, you can engage in proper treatment. Remember that only a diet or traditional medicine will not help get rid of flatulence. It is necessary to strictly follow the recommendations of a specialist and take prescribed pharmaceutical preparations.
To alleviate the condition and eliminate the accompanying symptoms daily, you can take a variety of decoctions made from herbal teas. Such medicinal phytomedications will help to get rid of bloating:
- Linden blossom;
- pharmacy chamomile;
- St. John's wort;
- horse sorrel;
- woodsman and others
Let's look at a few simple recipes for making traditional medicine that are used to treat flatulence.
Recipe number 1
Many of you, perhaps, have heard about the healing properties of dandelion root. Broth prepared on its basis, will help to cope not only with abdominal distension, but also with pathological constipation, inflammatory processes in the intestine and stomach. Often this tool is used to normalize metabolic processes.
- 2 tsp. dandelion rhizomes;
- 0.2 liters of cold filtered or boiled water.
Preparation and use:
- Put the crushed dandelion root into a glass bowl or jar.
- Fill the dry mass with cold filtered water.
- All mix well and insist for 8 hours.
- Using a gauze cut, filter the tincture.
- We take four times a day, 50 ml before the main meal.
Recipe number 2
As already mentioned, parsley also has a beneficial effect on the intestines and helps to get rid of excessive gas accumulation. For the treatment of flatulence we need parsley seeds.
- 20 g dried parsley seeds;
- 250 ml of cold filtered water.
Preparation and use:
- Mix the above components in a glass container.
- We send the broth to the water bath and warm up for half an hour.
- After complete cooling of the tincture, filter through a gauze cut.
- Accept 1 tbsp. l five times a day.
Recipe number 3
Every mother perfectly knows that dill water is used in babies' flatulence. Adults can also use dill seeds to make medicinal decoction. Its daily dose is 375 ml.
- 1 tbsp. l ground dill seeds;
- 375 ml of boiling water.
Preparation and use:
- We spread dill seeds in a thick-walled glass container and pour boiling water over it.
- Stir thoroughly, cover the dishes with a lid and leave for 180 minutes.
- We accept this broth three times a day before the main meal of ½ tbsp.
- Daily prepare fresh dill decoction.
Abdominal bloating gives a person not only discomfort, but also pain. To disregard such symptoms is not necessary, since flatulence can be not just an independent illness, but also one of the signs of serious pathologies. Entrust your health to qualified doctors and do not self-medicate. Use of any pharmacological drugs or traditional medicine should be coordinated with a specialist. Be healthy!