Today, many traditional medicine tools are forgotten, and black radish is used even for culinary purposes extremely rarely. And in vain, because this root crop can be considered a real vitamin well. From what saves black radish, the benefits and harms of this root, effective medicinal recipes and much more will be discussed in our article.
What does the spicy root crop conceal in itself?
For the first time on the healing properties of this root started talking in ancient Greece. To date, few of us know the usefulness of black radish. And remember your grandmothers: as soon as the time of cold weather was approaching, they forced us to eat radish in order to protect ourselves from viral and catarrhal pathologies.
All the beneficial properties of this root are rooted in its component composition. Why is black radish so useful? First, it contains essential oil extracts, fortified substances and minerals. Secondly, it helps strengthen the immune system and cope with respiratory and viral ailments. Specifically, the component composition of black radish has several elements of the periodic table, in particular:
It is known that these components play an important role in the functioning of the heart muscle and the formation of bone tissue. In addition, the root is rich in retinoids, carotene, nicotinic acid and a number of vitamins belonging to group B.
A considerable share in the composition of composition is occupied by retinol, tocopherol, ascorbic acid. This root vegetable can be consumed even by people who closely monitor their weight, because its calorie content is negligible and amounts to only 33 Kcal per 100 g. Fat is practically absent in black radish, and the main share of substances is in the fiber, proteins and starch.
Like any products, black radish, of course, along with useful properties has some features that can harm our body. Let's first dwell more on its benefits:
- This root vegetable, having a sharp and savory taste, has antispasmodic and expectorant properties. During the period of illness with acute viral or respiratory pathologies, the use of black radish helps to alleviate the symptoms. When coughing appears, the root vegetable helps to remove sputum and eliminate pain syndromes in the sternum area.
- Radish normalizes the functioning of the digestive tract. It's no secret that many external factors, including food, sometimes cause irreparable harm to the digestive system. There may be stagnation of food, which is fraught with constipation or dysbiosis. Eating black radish not only has a beneficial effect on the digestive processes, but also helps to remove toxic substances and improve intestinal peristalsis.
- Our main filtration organ is the liver, so its cells require special protection. To normalize the functioning of the liver and prevent scarring, choline and ascorbic acid are necessary, and it is these components that are contained in sufficient quantity in the black radish root crop.
- Pain in the cervical spine with radiculitis can be eliminated with black radish. In this case, it should make compresses. However, prior to use, we will definitely test for an allergic reaction, since this root can often provoke just such an organism response to an irritant.
- External factors can cause a violation of the integrity of blood vessels, which is fraught with the development of atherosclerosis. Black radish helps to slow down such processes and generally improves health.
- Black radish is also used to treat gallstone pathologies. It can be eaten as a preventive measure or for the treatment of an ailment already diagnosed. Prior to this, consultation of the attending specialist is required, since the presence of pain in the liver is a direct contraindication to this treatment.
- Black radish has a warming effect, so the juice of this root can be used for frostbite tissue.
- Due to its low energy value, black radish helps to get rid of extra pounds. In addition, you can not only lose weight, but also to normalize the functioning of the digestive tract. However, supporters of diets should take into account that it is impossible to eat some root vegetables, otherwise it will lead to the development of complicated consequences.
Harm black radish, or who is at risk?
So, we have carefully studied all the useful properties of this root, now it is worth a few words to say about its harm. Undoubtedly, the benefit of radish is much more than harm, but in some cases its consumption in food should be abandoned in order to avoid the onset of complicated consequences. At risk are people suffering from such illnesses:
- allergic reactions of various types to any component element of this root;
- increased gastric acidity;
- ulcerative pathologies;
- renal or hepatic inflammations.
If you are diagnosed with an increased level of gastric acidity, then the use of black radish should be abandoned, otherwise it is fraught with an exacerbation of gastritis and the development of ulcerative pathology. In reasonable quantities, this root crop should be eaten by representatives of the beautiful half of humanity who are waiting for the replenishment of the family. However, if possible, in the period of carrying a baby from this product it is better to completely refuse.-
Many people who have already heard about the benefits of black radish are looking for recipes for the preparation of traditional medicine that can cope with various ailments. Perhaps the most popular are cough recipes.
Recipe number 1
The best and most effective remedy is considered to be a combination of radish juice and linden honey. You can take any other high-quality honey.
- 1 black radish root crop;
- 2 tbsp. l honey
Preparation and use:
- Cut off the top of the root in such a way as to obtain a kind of cap.
- Using a knife, cut out the middle of the root, leaving a wall about 30 mm thick.
- You should have a kind of pot.
- Inside the black radish lay out the honey and cover with a cut top on top.
- In this form, leave the root vegetable in a dark place for 12 hours.
- Formed juice we drink 4-6 times a day for 1 tbsp. l before every meal. Babies need to reduce the dosage to 1 tsp.
Recipe number 2
Often, this simple root vegetable is used to treat bronchitis, acute respiratory ailments, and flu. The effectiveness of black radish, we increase due to horseradish.
- 100 g horseradish;
- 100 g of radish pulp.
Preparation and use:
- In a deep bowl, thoroughly mix these ingredients until a mass of homogeneous consistency is formed.
- At bedtime, we rub this mixture into the patient's back, bypassing the region of the heart muscle.
- At the end of the manipulation drink a raspberry decoction and wrap ourselves in a warm blanket or blanket.
Recipe number 3
According to herbalists, black radish-based decoctions help in the treatment of a number of skin pathologies. To use such tools need as a rubbing.
- black radish root juice - 100 ml;
- 100 g of red wine.
Preparation and use:
- In a thick-walled container, mix both components and bring to a boil.
- Then cool the rubbing and rub into the affected areas of the skin.
- Before use, be sure to test for the manifestation of an allergic reaction.
To date, there are a huge number of recipes for the preparation of traditional medicine based on black radish. However, before starting treatment in this way, do not forget to enlist the support of a doctor. Be healthy!