Only a few of us have heard of such a plant as an irga. Even fewer people are aware of its beneficial properties. However, the merits of the berries from this does not become less.
Irgu is often called "northern raisins". It belongs to the family of pink flowers, like apples. The plant is a shrub that reaches four to five meters in height. The leaves of the irgi are round, smoothly sharpened to the tips. Irgi flowers can be red, white or cream. The fruit of this berry is a juicy apple drupe. At first the fruit is green, but as it ripens it becomes blue or red. Northern raisins boast not only beautiful fruits, but also an abundance of beneficial properties for humans.
Types of shadberry and place of growth
This berry grows mostly in the Northern Hemisphere in countries with a temperate climate. Useful irgu can be found not only in Russia, Europe, North America and Asian countries, but also in the northern regions of Africa, the Crimea and Japan. In total, there are about twelve species of shadberry.
The most popular and most important in the culture is round-leaved shad. This unpretentious and cold-resistant tree has become known since the nineteenth century. The pioneers in the cultivation of round-leaved shadberry were the Dutch and the British. Subsequently, the cultivation of the berries began to engage in almost all of Europe. This berry is grown as a garden plant that produces tasty and healthy fruits. Irga prefers to grow in bright places, among which may be debris, dry slopes, forest edges, as well as the forest itself, but they must be rare.
Canadian Irga is most suitable for eating. However, the most useful in ordinary or round-leaved Irghe. Although the taste of an irga ordinary boast frankly can not, but contains much more concentration of nutrients, than other types of this berry.
The composition of irgi
This berry looks like a black currant and contains many useful substances. Irga boasts the presence of monosaccharides and disaccharides, pectins, organic acids, tannins, various trace elements such as lead, copper, cobalt. In addition, it contains vitamins of group B, vitamin C and vitamin R, which is necessary for the human body. This berry is rich in antioxidants. In addition to ascorbic acid, carotene acts as well, which is a considerable amount in an irga.
Useful properties of irgi
Due to the fact that irga contains many components necessary for the body, it has a huge amount of useful properties.
- Due to its antioxidants, irga has a beneficial effect on the human immune system. In addition, antioxidants help with stress situations, as well as alleviate diseases caused by electromagnetic radiation. They alleviate the condition in various infectious diseases. Antioxidants are able to prevent cancer, as well as help the body in Alzheimer's disease, which is the strongest pathology of the nervous system.
- In addition to antioxidants, Irga contains pectins that are able to excrete toxins from the body, heavy metal salts and radionuclides. Also, these substances help to get rid of the accumulation of harmful cholesterol in the body. Since pectins expel toxins and cholesterol, their beneficial effects on blood vessels and heart activity become apparent.
- Berry can be used to treat and prevent atherosclerosis and cardiovascular diseases. Irgu is recommended to include "aged people" in the menu, since vitamin P contained in the berry helps reduce the risk of varicose veins and myocardial infarction. This berry has a strengthening effect on the walls of blood vessels, increases their elasticity.
- People with sleep disorders are also recommended to use irgu. Berry is the best way to normalize sleep. The fruits of irgi have excellent sedative effects that help not only to minimize sleep disorders, but also help with nervous overstrain at work and reduce the occurrence of stress.
- Due to the high concentration of vitamin A in an appleberry berry, its good to use with vision problems. This berry can prevent night blindness and cataracts.
- As a diet drink for colitis and other gastrointestinal disorders, shadberry juice is often used. It has astringent and anti-inflammatory effects. It has a beneficial effect on the throat, alleviating the symptoms of purulent tonsillitis. In addition, its effect on the improvement of the oral cavity is to alleviate the manifestations of stomatitis. Juice of irgi is also recommended to be taken as a general tonic.
- Irga bark has a tannic content. It is due to the presence of these substances decoction of the bark of this plant is effective for burns and wounds. Also, this tool can be used for the occurrence of angina for gargling. Inside the decoction of the bark of irgi is taken in case of gastrointestinal diseases.
- For the treatment of wounds, you can use the infusion of leaves irgi. This part of the plant will have an astringent effect on pancreatitis, which may be accompanied by diarrhea.
- Infusion of the flowers of this plant helps in normalizing blood pressure in hypertension, helps maintain elasticity and strengthen the vascular walls. Using irgi flowers for treating the heart and blood vessels will help keep them in good shape.
Contraindications when using irgi
It would seem that the berry, having in its arsenal so many very beneficial properties for the organism, surely there are quite a few contraindications. Nevertheless, irgi has few of them. This Berry is better not to use with low blood pressure.Do not eat it if you are allergic to it or to any component that is part of its chemical composition.
If you are not one of those people whom Irga is contraindicated, feel free to take this plant to the armament to combat various diseases. This berry is not only cute in appearance and attractive in taste, but also very useful.. For information on what can be cooked from the irgi, read the articles “Harvesting irgi for the winter” Home-made wine from the irgi.