Everybody knows that bergamot tea that appeared not so long ago in stores. Bergamot, apparently, some useful plant? Yes, bergamot is a very useful plant. We will talk about it and its benefits in this article.
Description of bergamot
Bergamot is a hybrid of lemon and orange. It is a citrus evergreen tree. Bergamot fruits are pear-shaped or spherical in shape. It tastes sour but pleasant.
This plant is valued for its peel (zest), it contains essential oil. Bergamot essential oil is used in many industries: aromatherapy, perfumery, and cooking.
Useful properties of bergamot
- strengthens the immune system
- has a calming effect
- antispasmodic property
- antiparasitic property,
- antifungal property,
- antiseptic property,
- improves appetite
- has anti-inflammatory effect,
- lowers blood cholesterol
- effective in diseases of the respiratory tract,
- dilutes blood,
- aphrodisiac, helps with frigidity and impotence,
- natural antidepressant
- helps to concentrate, enhances brain activity,
- normalizes sleep
- strengthens vitality, invigorates,
- relieves headache
- helps with various skin diseases,
- treats burns and wounds
- normalizes pressure
- helps with varicose veins,
- choleretic agent
- serves as an excellent supplement in the treatment of thrush and cystitis,
- relieves dandruff, strengthens hair,
- remedy for fleas and lice,
- relieves irritation on the body after insect bites.
- In cooking, bergamot is added to various European dishes: meat, fish, vegetable dishes, desserts, as well as tinctures and liqueurs. Bergamot is used in the form of butter. The use of tea with bergamot is very common. It is especially useful in the morning when it is necessary to recharge with cheerfulness and good mood for the whole day. Bergamot tea will help you to warm up and wake up on cold winter evenings.
- In cosmetology, bergamot finds the widest application. It is used in the care of the skin of the face, and in the care of hair, and in the care of the skin of the body, etc.
- Bergamot oil is widely used in aromatherapy. The smell of bergamot oil gives relaxation, relieves fatigue, improves mood, and also awakens sexual desire. Good use of bergamot to create a romantic setting.
- The medicinal properties of bergamot are also used in medicine. To get rid of frequent headaches, you can carry bergamot oil with you and inhale if necessary. In addition, the aroma of bergamot will also help students (and not only) during the enhanced mental activity. You can even make a medallion with the smell of bergamot. A few drops will suffice for this.
See also:Bergamot is a valuable plant.
Children under twelve years old should not use bergamot. It is also not recommended to apply bergamot oil to the skin while sunbathing.