In addition to the classic black and green tea, there are many compositions for every taste, with the addition of various extracts and components. Despite the fact that not everyone knows what this miracle supplement is, many people like bergamot tea very much. The benefits and harms of such a drink are what everyone who brews it regularly needs to know.
Bergamot is a hybrid of two citrus fruits, orange and citron. The fruit has a pear-shaped shape, a pale yellow color and a fragrant aroma, which it imparts to black tea. As a separate product, bergamot is also characterized by its benefits and harms. First of all, it is a potential allergen, like all citrus fruits. In the production of many beloved "Earl Gray" is used the essential oil of the peel of this fruit. In addition to the specific spicy-invigorating aroma, bergamot gives the hot drink a special taste. Essential oil provides the body with an additional tone, while the probability of allergic reactions is minimal - unlike a fresh fruit.
The benefits of tea with bergamot
Unlike most fragrant teas, this drink does not contain synthetic flavors. It is based only on tea leaves and natural essential oil. The combination of these two components gives the drink the following beneficial properties:
- "Earl Gray" with its aroma and bright taste normalizes the work of the nervous system - uplifting, allows you to concentrate, cheer up in the morning, and with increased emotional excitability calms you down;
- improves digestion (bergamot oil softens the knitting properties of black tea), intestinal peristalsis with regular use;
- normalizes pressure (with a weak strength of the drink);
- promotes the removal of excess cholesterol from the body;
- tea with bergamot during pregnancy can reduce the manifestations of toxicosis (but it should be used in moderation);
- it is assumed that tea with bergamot when breastfeeding, properly brewed and used in the amount of one or two cups, can increase milk production;
- gives antiseptic properties, removes toxins from the body;
- increases the potency in men.
Harm and contraindications
If the essential oil of bergamot in its pure form has many contraindications, the Earl Gray tea has practically none. This is due to the minimum amount of ether in its composition. Be careful when drinking tea in the following situations:
- during pregnancy and lactation. It is undesirable to drink strong drink and in large quantities (more than two cups per day). Under the ban, it is for pregnant women prone to uterine bleeding: bergamot provokes the activation of blood circulation and the contraction of the uterus;
- if in the past there were miscarriages, then it is better not to risk, reduce the use of "Earl Gray" to one cup per day or completely eliminate it;
- No one should drink it at night (especially if there are problems with falling asleep). Black tea invigorates and without additives, and in combination with the tonic properties of bergamot, this property is enhanced several times.
Excessive consumption of the drink may cause nausea associated with irritation of the stomach walls. Therefore, in order to receive from the tea with bergamot only benefit and harm to minimize, you need to keep moderation in love for him.
- individual intolerance, allergic reactions (rarely occur, but, nevertheless, there are);
- gastrointestinal diseases in the period of exacerbation;
- children's age (up to 10 years).
The "right" recipe for tea with bergamot
What is tea with bergamot, what properties it has, we found out. Now it remains to get acquainted with his recipe and the correct method of brewing. Of course, you can buy a ready-made Earl Gray, but it can never be compared to a drink made by yourself. In order to extract the maximum benefit from it, you can use the following recipe:
- Take any black tea with small leaves (200 g).
- Add 5-6 drops of bergamot essential oil (you can buy at any pharmacy).
- Close the lid (as a container it is better to use a can). Leave overnight, mix in the morning, close again.
- Mix the raw materials should be daily for 5-7 days. After that, you can prepare an aromatic drink.
As for brewing, you can use both classical and Chinese methods. Classic is to use more raw materials and insist for 10 minutes. It turns tart and rich brewing, which is diluted with hot water and drink.
The Chinese method: pour boiling water, after a minute merge. It is enough to get a rich and healthy tea. This method is good because a larger amount of useful substances is stored in a freshly brewed, non-water-diluted beverage.
Black or green tea with bergamot is a healthy tonic with a pleasant aroma and excellent taste properties. When using high-quality tea leaves and essential oil, its benefits are beyond doubt, and the harm is reduced to zero. Nevertheless, it is necessary to adhere to the norm, which is limited to two or three cups a day.