Kvass in the form in which it is familiar to us today - on malt or rye bread - was not originally such; rather, it was not his main variety. Refreshing sour drink in its not intoxicated variant was prepared on fruits, berries or ... beetroot.The fact that it was a beet kvass, modern man almost nothing is known, but this drink is extremely useful and could appeal to those who are not attracted to the traditional taste of rye kvass.
How to cook beet kvass?
We offer you 2 options for making beet kvass.
- Wash the root vegetable, peel off the skin and chop with a knife. The smaller the pieces, the more convenient it will work with them. You can even chop into small pieces, and then throw them in a blender and scroll at very high speed, turning it into mush. After that, you need to fill in the beet with serum (1 liter of liquid for 1 root crop), tighten the neck of the container with gauze and leave in a cold place for several days to ferment. When the mold will be formed, it must be collected. After 10 days, the brew is ready for use.
- The taste will be more traditional if you put a slice of dried rye bread to the ground beetroot and boiled water, and pour a little (1-2 tsp) of granulated sugar. Capacity will also need to be tightened with gauze and left in the refrigerator or pantry for several days: experts say that 3-4 days is more than enough. You can track the readiness of the product by the absence of a film on the surface.
It is noteworthy that beet kvass is a long-playing product: after drinking 1 tbsp from a jar, you can pour fresh (cool) water in the same volume there, wait a day or two and drink again. A similar procedure is allowed to repeat up to the loss of the usual taste and color.
Benefit and harm of the drink
The bulk of useful properties, of course, originates in the base product for this drink - beets. It contains many B vitamins, as well as niacin acid, magnesium, calcium, iron, potassium, natural antioxidants, bioflavonoids. And yet, not all of its features are transferred to the finished liquid. What can help brew?
- First of all, it is necessary to note the beneficial effect of the drink on the digestive tract: this is what the beetroot is famous for — its ability to soothe fermentation processes, stopping rotting and decomposition, acting as a mild disinfector and broom that drives slags and toxins out. In addition, it regulates the mechanism of digestion, forcing the intestines to work like a clock.
- No less significant is the help of beet kvass in the fight against stones in the liver, because of its ability to cleanse the body.
- The constant use of this drink debugs the metabolism, which makes it extremely important for people suffering from obesity. For the same reason, you can find references to beet kvass as a means for losing weight. He can really help with this, but only in combination with a change in diet.
- Doctors also note a positive response from the cardiovascular system to the periodic intake of beetroot kvass: the vessels and lymph are cleaned, the process of contraction and expansion of the walls becomes more rhythmic. In addition, the chemical composition of the blood is enriched, especially with regard to the iron item, which allows the patient to improve in anemia.
- Some experts tend to believe that the inclusion in the diet of beet kvass can reduce the likelihood of the emergence and development of substandard tumors (especially oncological nature).
To date, the frequency of hypertensive crises (critical increase in blood pressure) in individuals aged 20 to 45 years has increased several times, as a result even young people have started to resort to antihypertensive drugs. But our grandmothers did not have any pills, but they could take off any attack of increased pressure in a matter of minutes. How? With the help of a glass of beet kvass. Surprisingly, but a fact - in 15-20 minutes. after taking this drink, the vessels really expanded, facilitating blood flow. It is noteworthy that such a step could act not only as an emergency aid, but also for the full treatment of hypertension. And cesium and rubidium are responsible for all this - unique elements that are found in fresh beets and do not disappear after heat treatment.
Contraindications to the use
As such, the beet kvass does not harm the body, but it can worsen the condition during exacerbation of peptic ulcer and gastritis, falling on the irritated mucous membranes.
Despite the fact that this drink is well suited for the treatment of stones in the liver, it is contraindicated in case of kidney disease. The same goes for gout.
How to take beet kvasswith health benefits?
As for the inclusion of this drink in the diet, for the purpose of prevention and general strengthening, it is enough to drink 1-2 tbsp. a week to maintain the health of the immune and digestive systems, to not have problems with the stool, as well as to improve the overall skin tone. But if we are talking about the need to debug certain violations, you may need to follow a clear schedule.
- To combat hypertension, beet kvass is taken in a warm form daily, 50-100 ml each, adding 1 tsp to the liquid. honey Reception is carried out before meals (15-20 minutes).
- To adjust the metabolic processes, you can spend the unloading day on beet kvass: 1 l of this drink is allocated per day, as well as 500 g of cottage cheese and 200-300 g of apples. At the same time, food should be separated from kvass in 1.5-2 hours. Or simply drink 100 ml before each meal, thereby dulling the feeling of hunger.
- In order to treat kidney stones, it is recommended to drink 100 ml each day, in the form of heat. Keep in mind that after the drink you need to wait 30-40 minutes before eating.
Finally, it is worth paying attention to the moment that doctors often note in their responses: beet kvass, unlike ordinary rye, is undesirable to drink in large quantities - the recommended dosage for a day is 300 ml, if you do not take into account a one-off discharge day, the benefits and harm of which still arguing.