Just a hundred years ago, every cookbook was full of recipes for cooking beef liver dishes. Today, many of us treat this product with a slight distrust, considering it a source of toxins. Is this really true? Let's figure it out. So, beef liver: benefit and harm.
Beef liver: benefits and harm to the body
Beef liver is a pale pink pieces of flesh, which, as it seems to many, look ugly. However, in finished form, this product is delicious. In addition, the liver contains almost no harmful fats and is rich in various vitamins and minerals.
Fried or braised beef liver, many doctors and nutritionists advise to periodically include in your diet for recreational purposes. This product is especially useful for people with heart problems, anemia, young children, pregnant women and smoking men. Why? The answer is quite simple:
- Beef liver contains a large amount of vitamins and ensures proper functioning of the immune system.
- Calf by-products are rich in selenium, a mineral that helps neutralize the effects of free radicals that cause colon cancer and other degenerative diseases.
- It is a good source of zinc, which, in combination with vitamin A, prevents damage to blood vessels by atherosclerosis.
- Consumption of beef liver protects the body from the harmful effects of smoking, as it restores lost vitamins.
- The liver contributes to the accumulation of energy due to the content of nicotinic and pentatonic acid, vitamin B. These minerals also support the normal metabolism in the body.
- Beef liver also contains vitamin B12, which supports the normal functioning of the brain, as well as helping to mature new red cells in the blood.
- Calf's liver has niacin, which helps lower cholesterol levels along with preventing diabetes, cardiovascular diseases and atherosclerosis.
- It is a storehouse of vitamin D, calcium and phosphorus, which are necessary for strong teeth and bones.
- It also contains omega-3 fatty acids, which prevents the risk of heart disease and problems with blood vessels. In addition, Omega-3 normalizes blood clotting and prevents the progression of Alzheimer's disease.
Despite the many beneficial properties, beef liver should be used with caution to the following groups of persons:
- people with high acidity of the stomach;
- patients with severe pathologies of the liver and kidneys;
- people with high cholesterol levels;
- To old people.
In addition, the liver is an important part of the calf's digestive system, which cleanses the body of an animal from toxins, pesticides and antibiotics. Therefore, do not forget that you need to eat it in moderation, and only buy fresh.
Veal by-products contain a small amount of animal fat, which significantly reduces their caloric content. The nutritional value of 1 piece of calf liver, equal to 68 g, is:
- calories - 130 (544 kJ);
- carbohydrates - 13.2 (55.3 kJ);
- fat - 32.3 (135 kJ);
- protein - 84.4 (353 kJ).
Such indicators make beef liver dishes a favorite product of those who care about their health and follow normal weight.
- The first thing to do is to cut the liver into pieces and rinse thoroughly under running water.
- After that, put the beef liver in a colander and let the excess moisture drain.
- In the meantime, you can peel and chop the onion and turn on the pan to warm up, pre-putting margarine in it.
- When the bottom of the pan warms up sufficiently, lay out the onion, salt, pepper and season with paprika. It is necessary to fry the onions until it becomes soft enough and acquires a pleasant golden hue.
- We shift the finished onion into a separate plate and let it cool.
- Now add salt and mix the liver in a plate so that each piece is soaked.
- Roll off pieces of the liver in flour on both sides.
- Fry the liver in a pan, where the onions were cooked.
- Put the prepared liver on a paper towel, and then on a plate and decorate with fried onions.
Delicate liver marinated in milk
- 1 kg of beef liver;
- 1.5 Art. milk;
- ¼ Art. softened margarine;
- 2 large onions;
- 2 tbsp. flour.
- Carefully wash the liver slices in cold water and transfer them to a clean, dry bowl. Fill the milk so that it completely covers the liver.
- After at least half an hour, put the pan on the fire and melt the butter in it.
- In the meantime, the roaster is heated, clean and chop the onions into rings.
- Put onion in the pan and fry until ready for about 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- In the meantime, pour out the milk, blot the liver with a paper napkin and salt.
- When the onion is fried, remove it to a separate plate, add oil to the pan and spread the liver pieces around the perimeter, pre-rolling them in flour.
- Fry the liver on each side until done, then fall asleep with onions, add 3 tbsp. l water and simmer under the lid for 2 minutes.
- Cooked beef liver with onions can be served as a separate dish or with crushed potatoes.
Beef liver was and remains a mine of useful minerals and vitamins. Such a product is strongly recommended to be eaten by people with a sick heart and blood vessels, adolescents, and pregnant women. Veal liver is prepared easily and quickly, especially if you take note of our recipes.