The high content of carbohydrates and proteins, the ability to completely replace meat, the presence of more than 150 species, of which the most famous are red, white, chilli and black - all of this refers to the well-known beans. In cooking, it has found wide application, thanks to its compatibility with many products, delicate taste and low calorie.
A high content of fiber in beans can very quickly cleanse the body of cholesterol and slag. And the effect of this will be maximum. Any of the 150 types of beans is a source of large amounts of magnesium. It is this element that helps to fight the dangerous free radicals that cause premature aging and increase the risk of cancer. Beans strengthen the entire cardiovascular system of the body.
The composition and caloric content of beans
Beans have a perfectly balanced chemical composition.It contains water and carbohydrates, proteins and fats, ash, fiber and starch. From the vitamins it has almost the entire B group from vitamin B1 to B9, vitamins E and A. From the beneficial micro and macro elements: magnesium and potassium, indispensable for the heart, manganese and sodium, calcium and iron, iodine and molybdenum, nucleic acids.
100 g of beans contain 23 g of protein, 60 g of the most useful carbohydrates, and less than 1 g of fat. The perfect combination of calcium and manganese helps strengthen bones by fighting off the onset of osteoporosis.
Beans, which includes vitamin K, are recommended for women after menopause. In turn, folic acid along with vitamin K are also necessary for good bone health. And iron helps strengthen the immune system, provides cells with oxygen, has a prophylactic effect, protecting against iron deficiency anemia.
Beans have a high nutritional value and are able to saturate very quickly, providing the body with necessary calories. Beans of any kind have approximately the same composition.
100 g of beans contain more than 300 kcal. The caloric content of the beans is the same as the caloric content of the grain, but by the amount of protein, it exceeds them by 5 times.
Useful properties of beans
- Beans of any kind have many healing properties. It can restore normal metabolism and have a positive effect on the functioning of the pancreas and spleen.
- Fast enough can lower cholesterol in the blood.
- Beans can stabilize and positively affect the functioning of the cardiovascular system.
- It has anti-aging properties.
- For the treatment of diseases of the urogenital system and kidney usually use black or brown beans.
- Green beans help to cope with liver diseases.
- The proteins that make up the beans, help cell vital functions, normalize digestion.
- For a growing child's body, beans are indispensable, helping the proper development of muscles.
- Beans have an invaluable ability to slow down the aging process of the whole organism, improve skin condition.
- Quite frequent use of beans will help provide the human body with all the necessary amino acids. This will help reduce the critical level of cholesterol, prevent the occurrence of intestinal cancer, chronic constipation.
- Beans help reduce the risk of myocardial infarction and stroke.
How to use beans in cooking?
Boiled beans are used to prepare side dishes, soups, toppings, cutlets and salads, casseroles and lobio. It can be frozen and canned. It is one of the main dishes in raw food and vegetarianism. Here it is often used pre-germinated. Beans in this form can fully replace animal protein.
How to cook beans?
Unlike many other vegetables, beans do not lose their beneficial properties after heat treatment.
- To get all the protein contained in the beans, it is recommended to cook it with rice. Also, pilaf with beans will be one of the dishes in which all the beneficial substances of the beans are absorbed by the body completely.
- A good combination will be the beans cooked with wheat.
- You can also add it to classic Ukrainian borscht, Mexican meat sauce, various salads, and even as a sweet filling for sandwich spread or pies.
- If you cook beans with lean meat or just with vegetables, then you will get an excellent dietary product that can saturate the body with proteins and prevent you from recovering.
- Green beans can be added to vegetable dishes and salads.
- In order not to lose all the beneficial substances, it is better to cook it for no more than 12 minutes in lightly salted water.
- Green beans can not be dried. It is best to dry the ripe fruits of beans. This will keep all the nutrients in it. Dried beans before cooking must be soaked in cold water for 4 hours and then cook until soft.
- Read about other methods of cooking beans in the article.
Due to its beneficial properties, the beans have a beneficial effect on the state of the whole organism.Beans are recognized as one of the most powerful antioxidants among vegetables. A large number of dishes that can be prepared with beans, greatly facilitates the task of preserving the health of the whole family.
Especially for womeninahomeoffice.com.ru- Yuliya