Barley is a kind of abscess that appears on the eye, causing rather severe discomfort and giving the face an unsightly look. Agree, not very happy if you are going to a meeting or an interview. But do not panic: we will tell you what drops of barley on the eye will help to quickly get rid of it.
Gordeolum: sounds like gladiolus, but in content - barley
Barley, also called gordolum, appears as a result of inflammation of the sebaceous glands, which are located in the eyelashes at the edge of the eyelid. The most common cause of this inflammation are staphylococcal bacteria. In addition, there are other causes, such as blepharitis or chronic eye inflammation, hormonal imbalances or stress.
You will be able to recognize the appearance of barley by the following features:
- discomfort when closing the century;
- swelling of the affected area;
- tingling, itching, burning, or pain in the affected area;
- inflamed eyelid;
- feeling of sand caught in the eye;
- constant tearing;
- temporary slight violation of visual function in the form of blur;
- discharge of mucus from the eye;
- yellow-red swelling at the edge of the eyelid, resembling a grain.
There are two types of barley on the eye:
- External barley. This is inflammation at the edge of the eyelid, which takes the form of a small yellow grain. Such barley, as a rule, disappears within a very short time.
- Domestic barley is meybomite. It is an abscess that is far from the edge of the eyelid and often takes the form of red edema in the form of grain. The treatment of such inflammation will take a little longer than the external barley, and if there are no changes within the first 10 days, it is recommended to consult a doctor. Barley can take the form of a fairly small wen, which requires surgery to remove. That is why you need to respond quickly enough to cure inflammation.
In order to limit the spread of inflammation, it is important to take the following steps:
- Do not touch the barley with your hands, do not try to squeeze it out, and do not rub the eye, because in this way you can aggravate the infection and cause damage to the lacrimal glands or the eyeball.
- A good level of hygiene must be maintained to prevent infection.
- Temporarily discard makeup until the affected eye is completely cured.
- Do not use contact lenses that can carry bacteria and contaminate both eyes.
- Given the direct connection of the eye with the network of lymphatic and blood vessels, think about going to a doctor.
Barley Eye Drops: A Review of Effective Means
Among the drugs that are used to treat barley on the eye, the medicine of the first choice is eye drops. This means of external use effectively fights swelling, pain, promotes the maturation of barley and rejection of the purulent contents of the eyelash follicle. Eye drops are harmless provided they are properly applied.
If you decide to cure barley yourself, then when choosing drops carefully read the instructions for use. Observe the dosage. In the manual, be sure to read the section contraindications. Keep in mind that most drops are a continuation of a number of antibacterial agents for the treatment of this type of inflammation. Some types of eye drops from barley on the eye can cause irritation of the mucous membrane, redness and burning.-
The most popular are such effective drops for barley on the eye, such as:
- "Sulfacyl sodium". The drug is contraindicated in people with hypersensitivity to sulfonamides.
- "Tsiprolet" is an antibiotic based on ciprofloxacin. Such drops are not recommended for children under 12 years old.
- "Tobreks" - an antibacterial agent, a broad-spectrum aminoglycoside. As a side effect may cause allergies. It is used with caution during pregnancy. The drug is contraindicated in people with individual intolerance to the active ingredient - tobramycin.
- "Gentamicin sulfate" - drops that have an antimicrobial effect. They are contraindicated in pregnant women and infants.
There are many natural remedies that can ease and even cure barley:
- Warming compress Bring a liter of water to a boil, and then leave to cool. After wetting a gauze pad in it, attach it like a compress to barley. Keep at least ten minutes. After some time, the procedure can be repeated.
- Compress dry acacia foliage. This remedy relieves pain from inflammation. To prepare a teaspoon of crushed leaves, add 0.5 liters of boiling water. After cooling the infusion, moisten gauze in it and apply as a compress to the eye. The compress should be held for at least 10 minutes.
- Drops from turmeric. Turmeric is a natural antibiotic. Boil 2 cups of water with a spoonful of turmeric powder. The liquid should boil until it is halved. After cooling, pipette 3 drops into the eye 2 or 3 times throughout the day.
- Tomatoes from the tomato. This remedy helps especially to relieve pain and relieve inflammation. Cut the vegetable into slices and cut to the inflamed areas for five minutes. The procedure is repeated three times throughout the day.
- Aloe juice This houseplant has many healing properties. Cut the aloe leaf longitudinally so that the core pulp is accessible. Moisten a cotton swab in aloe juice that stands out from the incision, and gently wipe the affected eyelid with it. Repeat the operation in the morning and evening. After the procedure, rinse your face with a decoction of chamomile. Treatment should be continued for 3 or 4 days.
You should be aware that the inflammation and swelling caused by barley can spread to the other eye or to nearby organs, and that is why you should consult a specialist if symptoms worsen. Be healthy!