Hypertension is often discovered and started to be treated when a person is already feeling ill and strong drugs are needed. Meanwhile, even a small and rare increase in pressure can be diagnosed as hypertension of 1 degree. The symptoms and treatment of this form of GB should be known in order to stop its development. What threatens such a diagnosis and whether to drink medicine?
What is 1 degree?
To judge whether the pressure is elevated, it is necessary to know its rate. A young healthy person should have a blood pressure of 110/70 - 120/80 mm. Hg Art. Indicators for men are indicators 125/65 (80), for women - 110-120 / 80.
Stable (or often repeated) excess of normal indicators indicates the presence of hypertension. Often, people over 40 years old, although they appear to be outwardly healthy, are diagnosed with "hypertension of 1 degree." What is it and is it necessary to run to the pharmacy for drugs that lower blood pressure?
Given the severity of the disease, there are 3 degrees of hypertension:
- The first (initial) degree is considered easy. The level of blood pressure is within 140-159 (upper limit), 90-99 (lower). The pressure periodically returns to normal, and then rises again.
- The second (average). Systolic pressure - from 160 to 170, diastolic - from 100-109. Blood pressure rises much more often and rarely returns to normal.
- Third degree (severe). The pressure exceeds 180/110. It is almost always elevated, with symptoms indicating disturbances in the functioning of the heart.
Patients with hypertension 1 degree feel like normal, but the situation may change at any time. It is worth a person nervous or to experience physical exertion, as the pressure jumps sharply upwards, which leads to deterioration.
If hypertensive disease of the first degree is detected, then the risk of complications in the cardiovascular system is evaluated. Within 10 years after making such a diagnosis, it is 10-15%.
Have you noticed such symptoms?
Man does not always notice the approach of a terrible disease. He does not complain of feeling unwell, at this stage there are no changes in the fundus, during the examination of the heart no pathologies are found (an ultrasound can show only a small increase in its size). Kidneys work fine.
The only sign is a slight increase in blood pressure and a moderate headache. Sometimes there may be nosebleeds or noise in the head, but such phenomena disappear quickly and by themselves.
How, then, to find out that arterial hypertension of 1 degree is developing? Its signals are the following symptoms:
- increase in blood pressure, which occurs periodically (even in a calm state), after which it returns to normal;
- headache in the temporal, parietal or occipital region;
- moderate tachycardia;
- nose bleed;
- metallic taste in the mouth;
- darkening of the eyes when changing the position of the body.
All these symptoms occur when the pressure rises to 140/90.
To diagnose the initial stage of hypertension, measuring blood pressure is not enough. The doctor will listen to the patient's complaints, examine the patient and prescribe a comprehensive diagnosis.
One of the main diagnostic studies - daily monitoring of blood pressure and heart function (ECG). A medical report is made on the basis of ultrasound of the heart, kidneys, blood vessels, examination of the brain, chest X-ray, laboratory tests (blood, urine).-
How to treat hypertension 1 degree and how it is necessary?
Even if they warn that hypertension of the 1 degree develops, only the symptoms, it is better not to postpone the treatment, otherwise it will necessarily reach moderate and severe degree.
If the patient's condition requires medical treatment, then such drugs may be prescribed:
- drugs that have hypotensive, analgesic, antiarrhythmic effect - Visken, Anaprilin;
- diuretics (diuretics) - Furosemide, Indapamide, Hypothiazide, Veroshpiron. They relieve the body of excess salt and urine, helping to reduce blood pressure;
- sympatholytics - Clofelin, Dopegit, Reserpine, Trazikor;
- vitamin complexes containing vitamins of group B;
- blood thinners - aspirin;
- medications that have a sedative and anti-depressive effect - valerian, amitriptyline, diazepam.
Treatment will begin with a minimum dose. The doctor will select the correct scheme and dosage of the drug, depending on the patient's condition. None of these drugs can not prescribe yourself yourself!
Can I do without medication?
Yes, if hypertension was first discovered, treatment with folk remedies is quite effective. To keep blood pressure normal, you should eat garlic, honey, dogrose decoction, citrus fruits. Coffee and strong tea to replace green tea. To normalize the pressure suitable chokeberry (enough 200-300 grams per day).
To reduce blood pressure and support the heart will help herbal, which includes Valerian, immortelle, sweet clover, hawthorn.
In mild form, you can use these popular recipes:
- 1 tbsp. l honey dissolve in 1 tbsp. mineral water, squeeze ½ part lemon into a glass. Drink a week on an empty stomach;
- 2 tbsp. shredded cranberries mix with 3 tbsp. l powdered sugar. Consume an hour before meals;
- make such a composition: 4 tbsp. beet juice, 4 tbsp. honey, vodka - 500 g, loam swamp - 100 g. Infuse it under a lid for 10 days in a dark cool place. Drink 1 tbsp. l 3 times a day before meals (30 minutes).
How to pacify the disease: diet and lifestyle
Mild hypertension - a disease that has not yet had time to go far. So that it does not reach the complications and irreversible damage to the internal organs, such measures are necessary:
- weight normalization;
- proper rest and sleep;
- proper nutrition: limiting salt intake, a diet low in fat and carbohydrates. The diet should include animal and vegetable proteins and seafood;
- moderate motor activity.
Hypertension of 1 degree is, of course, not a sentence. At this stage, it is well treatable. To avoid such tragic surprises that await hypertensive patients such as stroke, heart attack or kidney failure, you need to monitor your blood pressure, follow the recommendations of the doctor and remain calm in all situations.