There are diseases whose treatment we cannot imagine without antibiotics. Among them is the inflammation of the bronchi. Some doctors "left and right" prescribe antibiotics for bronchitis in adults. The names of drugs that most often fall on the list of prescriptions are known to many. How justified is the need for their admission?
On Bronchitis on the agenda: do we need an antibiotic?
This question may seem strange to many: how could it be otherwise? Is it possible to defeat bronchitis without antibiotics? In fact, their use is not always justified in such a disease. Indeed, the majority of bronchitis are viral in nature, and viruses, as is known, are not sensitive to antibacterial drugs.
It is necessary to take antibiotics in such cases: if the patient is over 60 years old or suffers from asthma, when recovery does not take longer than 3-4 weeks, with a chemical, purulent and bronchitis of the smoker, and also if a bacterial infection has been detected.
Antibiotic therapy in acute illness: when and what to take?
Acute bronchitis usually cures in 10 days. It is most often provoked by viruses. Heat, malaise, fatigue and apathy can disappear in a few days, but the cough sometimes lasts a few more weeks until the bronchial mucosa is restored. If acute bronchitis is diagnosed, antibiotic treatment in adults is usually not performed. Sufficient symptomatic therapy.
However, these drugs become necessary if:
- hyperthermia lasts more than 5 days;
- a blood test showed an increase in leukocytes to 12,000 in 1 μl, ESR over 20 mm / h;
- shortness of breath, grunting breath;
- sputum has acquired a green tint;
- there is a strong weakness.
Then the following antibiotics are prescribed for bronchitis in adults in pills.
Antibiotic penicillin series with a wide range. Destroys the walls of harmful bacteria. Adult dose - 500 mg 3 r. in a day. Not suitable for patients with asthma, allergies, as well as those who have discovered intolerance to penicillin. Contraindications are liver failure, lymphocytic leukemia, dysbacteriosis, and breastfeeding. Possible side reactions of the gastrointestinal tract, rhinitis, conjunctivitis, headache, seizures.
- Vilprafen Solutab
Included in the group of macrolides, ABShS. Shows activity against gram-positive and gram-negative microbes. The standard dose is 500 mg three times a day. It is not recommended to use the drug in case of problems in the liver and hypersensitivity to josamycin. Undesirable effects of treatment include rash, nausea, bitter taste in the mouth, and hearing loss.
Another macrolide representative. Affects Streptococcus, Staphylococcus, Legionella, Chlamydia, Mycoplasma. Adults should take daily 3 million IU 2 p. The medicine is forbidden in case of allergies, individual intolerance, hepatic pathologies, obstruction of the bile ducts. The most severe side effects are angioedema, ulcerative esophagitis, acute hemolysis, thrombocytopenia, colitis.
The drug macrolide group. Violates protein synthesis in pathogenic bacteria. The treatment involves taking 500 mg of medicine 4 p. per day. It should not be used for the treatment of acute bronchitis, if the patient suffers from arrhythmia, renal and hepatic insufficiency and does not tolerate the components of the medicine. When treating Erythromycin, unplanned reactions were noted (on the part of the heart - ventricular tachycardia, atrial flutter; liver - cholestatic jaundice; pancreatic - pancreatitis, gastrointestinal tract - diarrhea, dysbiosis, vomiting, abdominal pain; NS - hallucination, confusion).
What kind of antibiotic will help to recover, only the doctor knows, Given that these are very serious medicines that have an aggressive effect on the body, it is better not to take them without an appointment.
howwill they be treated if the disease has become a constant companion?
Treatment of chronic bronchitis with antibiotics in adults is a common practice. In contrast to the acute case, in the case of a recurring form, the case is almost never complete without “shock” therapy in the form of these drugs. The main ones are:
- macrolides - Macropene, Erythromycin, Clarithromycin, Summamed. A detrimental effect on a large number of bacteria, therefore, can be administered empirically - without a preliminary examination of sputum. Rarely cause side effects;
- penicillins - Amoxiclav, Flemoksin, Panklav, Augmentin, Solyutab. These drugs are the leaders in the frequency of prescriptions for the chronic inflammatory process in the bronchi. Their advantage is a small number of contraindications and low probability of complications. Minus - penicillins do not cope with neglected forms of the disease;
- cephalosporins. These are new antibiotics for bronchitis in adults. The names of such drugs - Cefuroxime, Ceftriaxone. Injections can be performed intramuscularly, intravenously and in the form of droppers. They produce a strong effect, but, unfortunately, they are capable of provoking many side effects. Injections and dosage are prescribed only by a doctor! Enter them after the test for tolerability. The preparations are produced in the form of a powder, which is diluted with lidocaine or injection water before use. The maximum daily dosage for patients older than 12 years is 4g;
- fluoroquinolones. Levofloxacin, Moxifloxacin, Ciprofloxacin. Designed specifically to combat bronchial diseases. Unforeseen reactions are observed in patients extremely rare. These drugs are prescribed only in those situations when the causative agents of the disease were not susceptible to other antibacterial agents.
Natural antibiotics and aids
Of course, plants with antibiotic properties will never be able to completely replace pharmaceutical preparations, but they should also not be discounted. These are faithful helpers in the treatment of bronchitis. However, they do not destroy the intestinal microflora and do not cause dysbiosis.
Garlic is one of the most powerful antibiotics of natural origin. It destroys 23 types of bacteria. In healing abilities a bow competes with it. Vegetable not only stops the reproduction of pathogenic microorganisms, but also clears the airways. The destructive effect on the cells of bacteria is produced by black radish. The juice of this root helps to strengthen the immune system. Pomegranate and raspberry have anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial characteristics. Do not forget about such a unique "antibiotic" like honey. And to get rid of cough, you should drink ½ cup of milk with sage (for 1 tbsp of milk 1 tbsp of herbs).
In addition to antibiotics, therapy includes expectorant, mucolytic, antiviral drugs, aerosol inhalation, antipyretic. The patient requires a half-bed mode and plenty of drink.
With the right approach to treatment, such a disease can be defeated in 2 weeks. But this does not mean at all that antibiotics should be prescribed for adults with bronchitis. The names of the drugs will never help you in choosing the right antibacterial agent. Do not even try to guess which medicine will be the most effective for you. Only the specialist knows this.