If you make a rating of the most healing plants, then this grain crop (or rather, the oil that comes from it) will be among the first. It can be called a therapist, an expert on beauty and the "fifth element" in cooking. It's time to open a secret: this is amaranth oil. The benefits and harms of this product remain a mystery to many. Why is it so valued all over the world?
What is amaranth oil made from?
Eight thousand years mankind has been friends with amaranth. The ancient Greeks considered it a symbol of immortality. The homeland of this plant is America. Cereal has long been used in Asian and African countries to prepare bread and other products. Oil is also made from seeds. To do this, use the method of cold pressing.
In Russia, they learned about such a food component relatively recently. It is expensive oil and is not sold in every store. But those who have tried this unique product give it the highest rating.
How is overseas product better than other oils?
Researchers say that amaranth oil is much healthier and tastier than sunflower, and even outperforms such a “favorite” in the world of oils as olive oil.
Evaluate the characteristics of this product can be visually and taste. To assess the quality of vegetable oils using organoleptic indicators. Such parameters include the smell, taste, color and transparency of the product.
Even in the photo you can see that the oil, the raw material for which is amaranth, has a beautiful shade of yellow or golden brown amber. It is characterized by a homogeneous consistency, the absence of foreign inclusions, a pleasant aroma. Amaranth oil has a mild nutty flavor and leaves no unpleasant aftertaste in the mouth.
Two priceless components of amaranth oil
Describe all the beneficial substances contained in amaranth oil can take a long time. But, in order to assess its uniqueness and healing abilities, it is enough to name 2 main components of this natural source of health:
- vitamin E. In amaranth oil, it is present in a particularly rare active form (in other oils, vitamin is a passive component). Therefore, the antioxidant properties of this oil are much higher;
- squalene. This element was first discovered by Japanese scientists in the liver of deep-sea sharks. Today this substance is a part of expensive dietary supplements and elite cosmetic means. It is a powerful immunostimulant and has antitumor properties. Squalene is present in all vegetable oils, but in very small quantities (in the highest quality olive oil it is not more than 0.8%). Amarantovoe is the champion in the content of such a rare element. The amount of squalene in it can be from 8 to 15%!
In amaranth oil, in addition to squalene, which is able to supply oxygen to the tissue, there is also a large amount of vitamins. And there is even more calcium in it than in milk. This should be noted by pregnant women.
Natural salvation from oncology and other diseases
The exceptional properties of amaranth oil are widely used in alternative medicine. With any ailments should add it to the diet?
- gastrointestinal tract diseases, including ulcers (oil consumption will reduce inflammation);
- anemia (eliminate iron deficiency in the body);
- the problem of overweight (stimulates metabolism, burns fat tissue);
- heart disease, high blood pressure, varicose veins, myocarditis (prevents blood clots and normalizes blood pressure);
- diabetes (helps maintain optimal blood glucose levels);
- skin injuries, burns; psoriasis, eczema (when used externally in the form of compresses and rubbings, it has an antibacterial, analgesic effect);
- cataract and conjunctivitis (if you add oil to salads and cereals, you can stop the development of the disease and improve the patient's condition);
- urogenital diseases in women and men (contributes to a more successful treatment of infertility, fibroids, prostate diseases, endometritis and cystitis);
- stomatitis, periodontal disease (to relieve the symptoms of these diseases, it is enough to rinse your mouth with oil 2 times a day);
- nervous system disorders, insomnia, depression (it is an excellent antidepressant);
- oncological diseases (amaranth oil is a supplier of antioxidants. They protect the body from carcinogens and free radicals, which is cancer prevention. The product is also needed by those undergoing radiation or chemotherapy, as it helps to restore strength and strengthen the immune system).
To strengthen the body's defense, prevent diseases and speed up recovery, oil should be consumed twice a day (in the morning and before bedtime) for 1 tsp. along with food. Therapeutic course should last at least a month. It is enough to carry out such therapy 2 times a year.
Oil can be used externally. To do this, it is applied to problem areas of the skin 2 times a day. The application is left for 10 minutes, then removed the remaining paper napkin.
There is no drug among the medicines that could be used to treat so many diseases. Moreover, in contrast to drugs, everything that can be consumed by the use of amaranth oil is beneficial, a natural product cannot cause harm.
Why are there negative reviews about amaranth oil?
Amaranth oil is useful - it is a scientifically proven fact. Its beneficial effects on the body and confirm the reviews. Most people who started using this product give it a positive rating. They note that his appearance in the diet improved their well-being, gave strength and vitality and helped to forget about some diseases.
Even more appreciated by the exotic oil are those who used it as a cosmetic tool. They claim that the product perfectly nourishes the skin, giving it a healthy look.
But not all 100% feedback is positive. Some, spending a large amount to purchase amaranth oil, are disappointed. They do not find any "miraculous" effect. Why is this happening?
There are two reasons why the oil does not justify the hopes placed on it. In order for it to begin its work on improving the body, it is necessary to take it for a long time. You should not expect that after two spoons of oil, all diseases will recede, and after one mask, your face will be 10 years younger.
The second reason is that around this product, due to its high cost, a whole industry of sales has lined up. Often people do not offer natural amaranth oil, and fake.
How to use amaranth oil to maintain beauty?
Amaranth oil is an environmentally friendly product. Its amazing properties are applied in cosmetology. This ingredient for masks and creams (for face and body) is used in the production of brand cosmetics elite class.
The cost of such cosmetic means is high. Many are confused by the fact that they may contain chemical additives. To get a natural cream, it is better to make it at home. To get rid of the skin of dryness fit such a simple recipe:
- amaranth oil - 2 tsp;
- honey - 1 tbsp. l .;
- 1 egg yolk.
All components mix, apply the composition on the face, leave for 15 minutes, then rinse with warm water.
With the help of oil you can whiten the skin and rid it of freckles.
Butter is also used during anti-cellulite massage and as a means of protecting against UV radiation.
Amaranth oil in the kitchen cabinet - how to use?
Oil is recommended to be used in food to those who care about health. This is a great addition to salads. It can improve the taste of ordinary cereals. The product from amaranth is suitable for frying and deep-frying.
For those who are not indifferent to baking, this is simply an indispensable ingredient. If you take it instead of butter, then the pies, muffins and pancakes will become much tastier, but also benefit.
Who is contraindicated oil from amaranth?
Real amaranth oil can not cause harm. But some people who have tried this product for the first time may experience mild nausea and dizziness. Such phenomena are associated with the fact that a large amount of oxygen enters the cells.
As for contraindications, there are few of them, and they are relative. The product does not suit those who have an individual intolerance to its components. Medical consultation before the use of amaranth oil is necessary for those who have been diagnosed with chronic pancreatitis, cholecystitis, and who have gallstones and bladder stones.
Is it possible to make amaranth oil yourself and how?
The cost of pure oil is high, but its analogue can be made in the home. We suggest using the simplest recipe.
- amaranth seeds - 1 kg;
- olive oil - 1.5 l.
- Fry the seeds lightly in a frying pan.
- Grind in a coffee grinder.
- Mix the mass with olive oil.
- Cover with a lid, shake.
- Put for 3 weeks in a dark place.
- Shake capacity every day.
- Strain the oil through gauze, folded in several layers.
The delicate taste and delicate aroma of amaranth oil make it an excellent culinary ingredient, and its unique composition provides medicinal and cosmetic abilities. Although the product withstands heat treatment well, it is best used in a cold form - then it will bring the greatest benefit.