Laurel- noble tree, the healing properties of which have long been known. Every housewife knows it as a seasoning, giving food a spicy flavor.
Laurel in the treatment of allergies is a worthy competition to medicines. For medicinal purposes, you need to use only raw materials of good quality, the leaves must be saturated olive color and have a strong aroma. Before use, they must be carefully picked and rinsed under running water. Important to remember, that laurel can not be stored for more than a year, he loses his fragrance and gains bitterness.
The healing properties of bay leaf
The healing power of lavrastostoit in the essential oil contained in it. It has antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties. Spice relieves pain, helps strengthen the immune system. Since it is the violation of the immune system that is one of the causes of allergies, bay leaf helps to cope with this disease. Laurel oil is used to treat acute respiratory infections. The product is instilled into the nose or a few drops are added during inhalation.
Bay leaf tincture will help you get rid of slagging of the body, increase stress resistance, get rid of fatigue. Green shoots of laurel contain tannins, so the decoction of the plant is used to stop bleeding, prevent problems with the gastrointestinal tract, and also reduce pain during menstruation, during climax. Bay leaf infusion is used as a natural remedy for getting rid of kidney stones, and diabetes is also treated.
If you suffer from joint pain, there are neurological diseases, scabies or paralysis, rub oil or bay leaf infusion into the skin.
Spice contains many trace elements, nutrients that speed up the metabolism and establish the proper functioning of the digestive organs. Laurel helps improve appetite. Because of its high content of essential oils and aromatic substances, it has the ability to prevent the development of tuberculosis.-
Bay leaf decoction from allergies: contraindications
- Contraindication to the use of laurel, including for the treatment of allergies, is pregnancy. The decoction of this plant can provoke a contractile activity of the uterus, so the bay leaf is in the list of folk remedies used for abortion.
- Acute or chronic renal failure, predisposition to bleeding, impaired protein metabolism - the reasons for which it is necessary to abandon the treatment of allergy bay leaf.
- If you have a tendency to constipation, have diabetes, peptic ulcer or duodenal ulcer, then the use of this plant is also contraindicated. When using recipes that include laurel, be sure to consult your doctor!
Treatment of bay leaf allergy in children
For the treatment of allergic rashes in babies, you will need 1 pack of bay leaf, 0.5 liters of water. Pour the spices in a saucepan with water and boil for 3 minutes. Leave the broth to infuse (you can use a thermos), then strain. Take 2-3 drops 2 times a day. For older children (from 7 years), increase the number of drops to 10 per day. Also, this tool can lubricate the skin several times during the day.
Applying the infusion of bay leaf, watch the reaction of the body of your child. Possessing strong astringent properties, it can cause constipation. During treatment, be sure to include prunes, beets, or reduce the amount of used infusion in the diet.
Laurel against allergies: recipes
- Remarkably relieves allergic reactions bath of laurel broth. It will take a pack of spicy leaves -10 g, water -1l. Laurel pour boiling water, put on a slow fire and boil until the volume of water is halved. Then remove the broth from the heat and pour it into the bath with warm water (no need to filter). Such baths are especially useful if allergic rashes occur throughout the body.
- Laurel oil is a miracle cure for allergies. To prepare, you will need 3 packs of laurel leaves -30 g, linseed oil -200 g. Grind spice with your hands and place in a glass jar with dark glass, pour it into a container of flax oil. Cover with a plastic cap and place in a dark, cool place for 1 week.
Laurel has recently become the subject of scientific research. Both the beneficial properties of the plant and its contraindications were identified. Using spice for therapeutic purposes, be sure to follow the recommendations of the doctor!