Alcohol is toxic even in small quantities. Despite this fact, alcoholic drinks remain an integral part of the festive table, and the dosage is often not controlled when used. If someone from the company has developed alcohol poisoning, treatment at home with mild and moderate degrees is quite possible.
How to recognize alcohol poisoning?
Alcohol intoxication is a negative effect on the body of an excess amount of ethyl alcohol. So that without destroying the health of ethanol was neutralized by the liver, a person should not exceed the norm of about 30 ml of alcohol during the day 1-2 times a week. If we ignore these recommendations, the poison affects all body systems, especially the digestive organs and the central nervous system.
Mild alcohol poisoning is manifested:
- a sharp rise in mood;
- coordination disorders.
With a moderate degree join:
Severe characterized by:
- loss of sensation;
- glitches of reflexes;
In the extreme stage can occur:
- heart failure;
- cessation of breathing;
- loss of consciousness;
If you are going to treat alcohol poisoning, the symptoms should be differentiated according to the degree. Remember: the hard stage requires the immediate intervention of the doctor!
How to remove alcohol intoxication?
When you feel unwell, indicating that alcohol poisoning has come, many do not know what to do first.
- Gastric lavage is necessary: drink 800 ml of water, provoke vomiting. Repeat until an almost clear liquid comes out of the stomach.
- Remove toxins from the intestines with the help of enterosorbents. Activated carbon in the case of alcohol intoxication is not effective enough. The following preparations can be used according to the instructions: Polysorb MP, Enterosgel, Smecta, Filtrum.
- Stop dehydration due to vomiting and the diuretic action of alcohol. To do this, drink a lot of mineral water or water with the addition of citric acid, lemon juice. Drugs that combat imbalance are Regidron, Hydrovit, Citraglukosolan.
- In order not to be disturbed by diarrhea, you need to “sow” into the intestines the good bacteria destroyed by ethanol. Eat as much fermented milk and fermented foods. You can enhance the treatment with probiotics, for example, Lactobacterin, Bifidumbacterin, Linex. When constipation will have to wash the intestines.
- To stop indomitable vomiting, wash your head under a cold shower and put cold on the back of your head for 5 minutes. Also drink some boiled water or sweetened tea with lemon balm leaves, tea with ginger and honey.
In the presence of seizures, increased salivation and sweating, visual dysfunction, most likely, there was poisoning with alcohol substitutes. In this case, an urgent hospitalization of the patient is required.
If irritation, redness of the eyes, dyspepsia, headache and muscle aches have arisen as a result of excessive drinking alcohol by the morning, this is a hangover syndrome. To combat this condition:
- Take any enterosorbent.
- Remove headache with paracetamol or citramona.
- Drink mineral water, herbal teas and green tea in large quantities.
- Ventilate the room well or get fresh air.
- The breakfast menu should include one of these:
- drinking yoghurt;
- sauerkraut juice;
- pickle pickles;
- sour soup;
- tomato or orange juice;
- Mint tea.
Help with feeling unwell after drinking alcohol and water treatments.
- Rinse the whole body with hot water.
- Then rinse with water just below room temperature.
- Change the jet every 40-50 seconds, gradually increasing the temperature difference.
If the state of health does not improve, you need to use Zorex, Limontar, Biotredine, which are freely released at the pharmacy.
The best herbal and natural remedies
If there are signs indicating alcohol poisoning, what to do at home - everyone should know. If the degree of intoxication is mild, medications can be replaced with the most effective folk recipes.
Infusion of rowan berries
- Carefully pound rowan berries.
- Take 30 g of the resulting mass and pour 250 ml of boiling water.
- Add 10 g of honey.
- Infuse liquid for 15 minutes.
- Drink a glass of drink every 8 hours.
- Crush the hips.
- 20 g of berries put in a glass of boiled water.
- Wait 20 minutes.
- Drink infusion a glass 3 times a day.
Decoction of Hypericum
- 100 g of grass, pour 500 ml of hot water.
- The resulting liquid is boiled in a water bath for 30 minutes.
- Drink a cup of Hypericum after cleansing the intestines or taking enterosorbent.
- Take 7-8 flowers and pour 1 l of boiling water.
- Part of the water drain, leaving about 800 ml.
- Cook the flowers for another 5-7 minutes.
- The broth must be filtered and cooled.
- Take the medicine for 1 st. 3 times a day.
- 250 g of dry unpeeled oats, pour 1.5 liters of purified water.
- Boil the contents for 25 minutes.
- Divide the jelly into 2 equal parts and consume with an interval of 35 minutes.
- Beat a raw chicken egg.
- Add 4-6 drops of table vinegar, a bit of ketchup and 3 g of salt to the mass.
- Mix all the ingredients and drink in one gulp.
- You can prepare a cocktail by adding 25 ml of a bite, and instead of a ketchup - a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Heat the milk, but do not boil it.
- In 250 ml of warm milk, add 80 g of castor oil.
- Lightly cool the drink and drink in small, unhurried sips.
- Squeeze the juice from one citrus fruit.
- Mix the juice with honey and add 1 raw egg yolk.
- Take the mixture immediately after preparation.
The composition of the funds recommended by supporters of traditional medicine, sometimes includes alcohol. If intoxication for the victim, rather, an exception than the rule, and there is no risk that it will enter the system, you can use the following recipe.
- In 70 g of vodka, put 100 g of sour cream, 7 g of honey and an ice cube.
- Stir well and drink in small sips.
After a heavy feast, such unpleasant consequences as alcohol poisoning can develop. Treatment at home will be quite effective if we are talking about mild and moderate degrees of intoxication. The main thing is to take measures in time to remove the toxic substance from the body. Then it remains to use an acceptable recipe to help relieve the painful hangover syndrome.