Injections - a procedure without which the treatment of many diseases is impossible. Alas, such manipulations are often very painful. But this is not all the troubles that may be accompanied by such therapy. Often, painful indurations remain at the injection sites. How to get rid of cones after injections on the buttocks, how to treat them and can they resolve themselves?
Negligence of doctors or body features - why are there bumps after injections?
It is no secret that when prescribing injections to the buttocks, many make them at home, attracting relatives or girlfriends who do not have medical training. However, the procedure has its own characteristics. They relate to the rate of input of different drugs. For example, some antibiotics and vitamins should be administered very slowly. If this rule is not respected, the medication may not dissolve, and a seal will appear. But not only after the manipulations of the "home healers" on the buttock can lumps form. Often they appear, even if the nurses did the injections in a hospital or clinic. Why is this happening?
- lack of experience and unprofessional nurses;
- poor quality needles;
- injection by the "cotton" method. This leads to the rupture of tissue and the formation of cones;
- too rapid administration of the drug solution;
- violation of the technology of the procedure, that is, the injection was made not in the upper right (left) quadrant of the buttock, but below;
- small needle. If an insufficiently long needle is used for an intramuscular injection, the preparation is not in the muscle tissue, but in the subcutaneous fat layer, which can cause seals.
However, the appearance of cones is not always associated with the actions of the person performing the injection. If the patient does not relax the muscle, then the injected composition cannot be evenly distributed inside the tissues. If the lump does not dissolve after the injection into the buttock, urgent measures are necessary. It happens that the case ends with an abscess. If the place where the injection was made is hotter, there is swelling, redness and a pulsating pain is felt, then you should immediately go to the doctor! The dangerous effects of injections also include sciatic nerve damage. This problem can be solved only by a doctor. At home, cure this disease will not work. The consequence of illiterate injection may be redness (or bruise) at the injection site. It's not so scary - just the needle fell into a small vessel. Such markings on the priest after some time will disappear by themselves.
How to prevent the formation of seals after intramuscular injections?
The basic rules for performing injections will be an effective preventive measure, thanks to which the patient will never know what cones are after injections. So, what helps to avoid the formation of seals?
- so that a person can relax his muscles as much as possible, it is better to lay him down;
- it is necessary to choose the right syringe (this concerns, first of all, the length of the needle). Thus, insulin syringes are not suitable for intramuscular injection;
- use better syringes made by reliable manufacturers. It is forbidden to use syringes, the shelf life of which has already expired;
- the drug should be administered carefully and slowly enough (if it is prescribed by the instructions for use of the drug), it is desirable not to get into a blood vessel;
- should strictly follow the rules of antiseptics. All used medical instruments must be sterile. The injection site must be rubbed with alcohol. Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water beforehand.
To prevent a seal on the buttock, doctors advise that after the injection is given, draw an iodine grid at this point. Such precautions will never be superfluous.
SOS treatment: what to do if the bump does not resolve after the injection into the buttock?
How to remove bumps after injections? You can use pharmaceuticals. Doctors recommend making compresses using a solution of magnesium sulfate and alcohol. Well helps in the fight against seals on the pope and a pharmacy such as dimexidum. It is also diluted with alcohol (in the ratio of 1k 4). Compresses put 2 times a day for 30 minutes. Propolis is also an effective remedy for removing cones - ointment and tincture are suitable. Important note: before rubbing the seal with ointment, you should lubricate it with vegetable oil or baby cream. Functions ointment from the cones after injections can perform any creams and gels from varicose veins. We are talking about drugs such as "Troxevasin", "Heparin ointment", "Lioton". They should be rubbed into the skin at the point where the bumps are located twice a day. Compresses with Vishnevsky's ointment are also very effective.
How to treat bumps after injections on the buttocks in children - safe and effective means
For a long time (more than 3 weeks), a non-absorbable lump may appear in a child after an injection or vaccination (DTP). Some mothers are very lost when they discover that the baby has bumps after injections. What to do? Pediatricians are advised to use physiotherapy. This treatment is absolutely safe, it is suitable even for babies. To get rid of unwanted seals quickly and painlessly, you can perform a course of UHF procedures. Infrared photocoagulation will help to remove them. When it is performed, the problem area on the buttock is deeply heated. For this lamp is used with infrared radiation. Physiotherapy is not only indicated for small patients - it will also help adults.
What popular methods will help in the fight against cones: the most effective recipes
According to adherents of unconventional methods of treatment, in order to get rid of painful seals, you can use natural remedies. And some of them can be found in his fridge. They do not contain chemicals and give good results. The most common and popular method - compresses of cabbage leaves. They will help to cure even old seals. How to make such a compress?
- Take a clean sheet of fresh cabbage. Make a few cuts on it with a knife (you can beat off with a hammer for meat or drop it into boiling water for a few seconds).
- Smear the sheet with natural honey.
- Attach to disturbing places overnight.
Often use another recipe. It needs flour - 1 tbsp. l., butter, honey, egg yolk. To help yourself with this healing mixture, you need to do the following.
- All components mix.
- Knead the dough, shape it in the form of cakes.
- Attach to the bump.
- Cover with a piece of cellophane.
- Leave overnight.
Grated raw potatoes or a piece of pickled cucumber are suitable for sucking the cones. Injections are a common procedure in the arsenal of medical events. But it should be treated responsibly. If you still avoid the consequences of injections, such as seals on the buttock, still failed, then you should not panic.
Cones respond well to treatment, the main thing is not to wait until they begin to signal themselves with pain. Fighting them should begin as early as possible.