Our body is subject to multiple influence of a huge number of negative factors, increased stress, stress. And as a result, we get emotional breakdowns, a feeling of constant anxiety and fear, aggravated by vicious addictions. Consider medications recommended by doctors in such situations - Afobazol, its analogues and substitutes.
Small tranquilizer "Afobazol"
The selective action anxiolytic "Afobazol" is an effective anti-anxiety drug developed by Russian pharmacologists, devoid of side effects, characteristic of small tranquilizers, and having high efficiency. His reception will not cause a negative impact on memory and concentration. Even long-term use of "Afobazol" does not lead to addiction. In addition, he has no withdrawal syndrome.
Along with the suppression of anxiety, the drug has a slight stimulating effect. The decrease in psychological instability caused by fears, bad forebodings, fears without a reason, insomnia, constant tension, has a stabilizing effect on the general condition of the body, including its physical component.
If you set a goal, to find analogues and substitutes of Afobazol, which will be cheaper, it is unlikely that a drug with exactly the same active ingredient will be selected. These will be drugs with similar properties, but with a different mechanism of action, albeit related to sedatives. We list them:
- "Adaptol" with the active ingredient mebicar. It is an anxiolytic with a mild tranquilizer effect.
- "Noofen" with the active substance Phenibut. It has the properties of a tranquilizer, reduces the manifestations of anxiety and fear, helps normalize sleep, stimulates physical condition and mental performance.
- "Phenazepam" is a tranquilizer of high activity benzodiazepines. It has anti-anxiety and sedative effects, prevailing over other drugs.
- "Glycine" with a replaceable amino acid. The drug soothes the central nervous system, a positive effect on sleep and the autonomic nervous system, stimulates mental activity.
- Novopassit is a combination preparation consisting of guaifenezins and extracts of herbs, roots, leaves, flowers, and plant cones. The effect is soothing and anxiolytic.
- "Persen" - based on the drug are herbal extracts. It has a slight sedative effect.
When do you need Afobazol?
"Afobazol" is shown only for adults. He is appointed to persons over the age of eighteen in such cases as:
- disturbing sensations;
- problems with adaptation and sleep;
- treatment of premenstrual syndrome;
- withdrawal from the state of long-term alcohol intake;
- tobacco cessation;
- bodily diseases.
Also, "Afobazol" can be discharged if there is evidence for dermatological pathologies and oncological diseases.
As for drugs of similar action, their indications for use are as follows:
- "Percen" is prescribed for neurosis, vascular dystonia, prevention of stress, when canceled strong sedatives.
- "Adaptol" is indicated for neurosis and similar symptoms in combination with neuroleptics, as well as for stress, for smoothing the manifestations during menopause and for treating nicotine dependence.
- Novopassit relieves headaches and is indicated for problems with sleep disturbance, menopause, migraine, mild neurasthenia and irritability.
- Among the indications for the use of "Glycine" emit sleep disorders, increased excitability, increased emotionality, depression, neurosis, anxiety, mental exertion and other violations of the functionality of the nervous system.
Contraindications to receive "Afobazol":
- intolerance to the components that make up the drug;
- age up to eighteen;
- the period of gestation and breastfeeding, and in the case of the appointment of the drug breastfeeding is stopped;
- milk sugar intolerance - hypolactasia.
When can you not take analogues of Afobazol?
Novopassit has such contraindications as:
- hypersensitivity to the components;
- muscle weakness;
- age to twelve years.
In severe disorders of the gastrointestinal tract, a balanced approach is recommended. Prohibited hazardous activities in the period of taking the drug.
As for the other analogues of Afobazol, the following contraindications to their use are worth highlighting:
- "Noofen" - allergic reactions to the active substance and components.
- "Persen" - children's age up to twelve years, individual hypersensitivity to the drug.
- "Adaptol" - increased sensitivity to components.
- "Glycine" - children up to two years, low blood pressure, hypersensitivity to the drug.
Side Effects of Afobazole:
- allergic manifestations;
- diarrhea; stool disorders;
Side effects of drugs-analogues:
- "Noofen" - drowsiness, nausea.
- "Persen" - constipation, reactivity to the components of the composition.
- "Novopassit" - the reaction of the muscular system in the form of cramps, weakness, as well as lethargy, fatigue, nausea, constipation, diarrhea, skin rashes.
- "Glycine" - rarely allergic reactions.
- "Adaptol" - rarely allergies, low blood pressure and body temperature.
Which is better - "Persen", "Novopassit" or "Afobazol"?
In the desire to help ourselves or a loved one, we often face the choice of a medicinal product and ask the pharmacist for advice at the pharmacy, but at the same time do not take into account the opinion and prescription of the attending physician. We also forget that the drug can strengthen or, conversely, weaken the effect of already taken drugs.
With regard to "Afobazol": which is better - he or, for example, "Persen", it is necessary to take into account the special mechanism of action of fabomotisol, as well as its difference from other drugs to relieve anxiety. Since Afobazol does not have a depressant effect on the central nervous system, it restores the human body’s own mechanisms aimed at combating stress.
Summing up, it should be said that only an individual physician should prescribe anxiolytic drug. It is particularly worth noting that the cheapness of the drug is not the best criterion for assessing its usefulness for the body. Health to you!