Do you suffer from loose stools? You can not understand what happened to your body, how to help it? It is necessary to act immediately by taking the necessary first aid measures. If the ailment has a protracted nature, it will be necessary to consult a doctor.
In a healthy person, the stool is a maximum of 2 times a day. The weight of the waste is about 100-200 g, and the amount of water in the feces should not go beyond the 80% line. If the body fails, diarrhea opens, then visits to the toilet increase, as does the mass of feces, and the liquid in it tends to 95%.
Diarrhea is a painful state, so it is important for everyone to know the main causes of loose stools in an adult and to receive proper treatment.
So, permanent liquid stool in an adult is most likely a direct indication of non-specific inflammatory processes in the intestines, for example:
- Enteritis that has passed into the chronic form;
- Crohn's disease;
- Diseases that have appeared after bowel resection;
- There may be other ailments in the digestive system.
If the patient is of medium or advanced age and has diarrhea for more than 14 days, and there are no obvious reasons for this, then a tumor located in the large intestine can be suspected. As a rule, in this situation there is another additional symptom - blood in the stool.
Watery stools are indicative of an infection that lives in the intestines. This type of diarrhea quickly leads to dehydration.
Now consider the causes of diarrhea regarding the color of the discharge:
- Adult black liquid stools clearly indicate that the patient has bleeding that occurs in the gastrointestinal tract;
- Liquid yellow stools in an adult are inherent in patients who have lesions in the small intestine. In 24 hours, the stool is very common: 6–8 times, and is also accompanied by an abundance of fluid and foam;
- There is still a light stool that can be confused with the previous one, since it is also caused by problems with the small intestine. However, in this case, in its upper sections, and visiting the patient’s toilet is no more than 3 times a day, but the stool is abundant, similar to clay;
- Liquid green stools in an adult may also indicate intestinal infections.
As you can see, any type of diarrhea indicates that you have malfunctions in the digestive organs. They can be as simple, easily removable, and those that require surgical intervention. Only a doctor can restore the full picture and prescribe the right treatment!-
How to help yourself?
To begin with, remember that diarrhea is not a disease, but a symptom that indicates a disease. Therefore, to permanently get rid of this unpleasant state you need to know what caused it.
The rules of first aid for frequent liquid stools in an adult will help you to remove symptoms:
- To prevent your body from dehydrating, you should increase the size of the fluid consumed. Best of all, if you drink rehydrating solutions, if not, then a substitute can be saline, lightly salted water, chamomile tea;
- Drugs and foods that may contribute to diarrhea should be excluded. That is, you need to stick to a diet, the menu may include: crackers, liquid cereals, vegetable purees, fish or meat (but only boiled and pureed), tea;
- You must take an adsorbing drug, an antibiotic, if the cause is a bacterial infection.
Of course, the first measures that will ease the state is not enough! It is necessary to treat the basis of the disease that causes diarrhea. To do this, you should contact a specialist, undergo a diagnosis and get recommendations from a doctor for further action.
A liquid stool in an adult for a long time is a symptom of one of the diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. The frequency and duration of diarrhea, as well as the color of the discharge can more specifically indicate the existing disease. However, in any case it is worth contacting a doctor who will identify the main disease and choose an individual treatment program aimed at your recovery!