The name of the plant comes from the Greek "star" - the flowers of actinidia from a distance resemble small stars. In the people, this plant is often called the Amur gooseberry or the slider and is used in alternative medicine as an analgesic, anti-inflammatory and hemostatic agent. In addition, actinidia colomikta can be a great addition to your garden plot.
Help - Actinidia Colomikta
Actinidia colomikta is a herbaceous perennial from the actinidia family. In fact, it is a shrub-vine, the stems of which can reach a length of 15-20 m. The trunks of the plant are woody, thin and branching. Young shoots have a reddish brown color. The leaves grow alternately on small petioles, have an egg-shaped or elliptical shape, pointed at the ends. The plate of each sheet is rather thin.
White or pink flowers grow on thin pedicels, as a rule, they are same-sex, but in very rare cases there are also bisexual ones. The fruits are juicy green berries, they have an oblong elliptical shape and sweet-sour taste, rather large (on average 1 cm wide and 2 cm long). Flowering time: June-July. Plodonisit actinidia in late summer - early autumn.
Where to look for actinidia?
Actinidia colomykta is primarily distributed in Southeast Asia. You can find it in the Primorsky Territory, and on Sakhalin, and on the Kuril Islands, and in the southern part of the Khabarovsk Territory. Actinidia grows, as a rule, in cedar, spruce, mixed forests, as well as at the edges of stony placers, at the foot of the rocks.
Features of the collection of actinidia colomikty
Dried berries of the plant are used as medicinal raw materials of actinidia colomicta in traditional medicine. They need to be collected from August to September, as the fruits ripen. The collected berries should be laid out in a thin layer to dry in the fresh air, providing protection from direct sunlight, or the raw materials can be dried in an oven heated to a temperature of 50-60 degrees. Ready raw materials are stored in waterproof containers. The shelf life of such raw materials is 1-2 years.
Cultivation of actinidia colomikty
- Actinidia Colomikta, like many medicinal plants, is quite unpretentious in care. You can propagate plants by seed or vegetatively. In the first case, you need to remove the seeds from ripe berries, thoroughly rinse with water and dry, and then put in the refrigerator. Germinate seeds should be in a greenhouse at a temperature of 20-25 degrees.
- Seed should be planted to a depth of no more than 5 mm. In 3-4 weeks shoots will appear, and they will need to be protected from direct sunlight. Already after 2-3 months, the seedlings can be transplanted to a permanent place.
- For reproduction of actinidia, colomikty cuttings should be harvested in June-July, when the shoots of the plants are already woody. Choose side shoots, from the middle of which cut off the cutting 10–15 cm long, it is also important that there are 2-3 buds on each cutting. Remove lower leaves, shorten upper leaves. Plant cuttings to a depth of 60 mm in the greenhouse, leaving them there until spring.
- Planting seedlings on a permanent place is necessary for 3-4 year of life, by beds. Then they will need to be protected from direct sunlight and plenty of water. The best soil for actinidia colomicta is loose, well-drained, humus-rich soil. During dry periods, the plant requires abundant and regular watering. Actinidia begins to produce at 4-5 years of age.
- Since the plant is climbing, actinidia require support, they should be installed on every 1-1.5 meters. In the care of actinidia, weeding and the formation of bushes by cutting off sick and broken shoots are also important.
Contraindications and side effects
Treatment with actinidia colomikta drugs without prior consultation of your doctor may cause irreparable harm to your health. Before using actinidia, be sure to consult your doctor!
Actinidia treatment recipes
Actinidia colomikty juice
As a general firming agent for the whole body, you can drink the juice from fresh actinidia berries.
To obtain it, immediately after collecting the berries, rinse them thoroughly, dry them and put them in the refrigerator for exactly 24 hours. Then you need to squeeze the juice, heat it on low heat to a temperature of 80 degrees and pour it into sterilized jars and close tightly. This juice is stored up to six months.
Tonic infusion of actinidia
1 tablespoon of the dried crushed fruits of the actinidia colomica pour 1 cup boiling water, leave for 8 hours, then strain and squeeze the raw material. Take the infusion as a tonic should ½ cup 2-3 times a day.
2 tablespoons of powdered crushed berries of actinidia Kolomikty pour in a thermos 1 liter of boiling water, leave for 8-10 hours, then strain and squeeze the raw materials. Divide the resulting broth into several equal parts and drink it throughout the day.
Actinidia Colomics in Cooking
Actinidia Colomikty Jelly
Fresh berries gently knead a wooden rolling pin in a saucepan, add sugar in a 1: 1 ratio and mix well. Put the prepared mixture on low heat and cook until tender. Spread the finished jelly in sterilized jars and close tightly.
Actinidia Kolomikty Jam
Put fresh and washed berries in sugar in the proportion of 1: 1.2, put them in the fridge for 2-4 days (until the berries start to produce juice). Then put the mixture on low heat and cook until cooked, stirring occasionally. Cover the finished jam in sterilized jars.
Actinidia with sugar
Freshly picked and thoroughly washed ripe actinidia berries Colomicta rub through a sieve and mix with sugar in a ratio of 2: 1. Such "raw jam" must be decomposed into sterile jars and covered with parchment paper, stored in the refrigerator.