Acne occurs when hair follicles in the skin become contaminated.due to heavy secretions of sebaceous glands and dead skin cells. Most often, acne affects the face, back, chest and forearms. The tendency to education usually occurs during adolescence, manifesting itself in small red tubercles, less often in the form of large nodules and cysts. Sometimes the tendency to form acne is inherited.
If eels are poured out during puberty, you should not panic, most likely after the puberty, they will pass on their own. However, if they constantly appear in adulthood, this indicates a serious malfunction in the body and is cause for concern. By the way, acne is more common in men than in women.
Types of eels
- Acne may look like black dots, which are dilated and clogged skin pores. Such points usually have a black or grayish-brown color, which is associated with chemical transformations of sebum in the pores. In order to remove black dots, you can resort to cosmetic cleaning, which should be trusted by a doctor or an experienced cosmetologist.
- Also isolated whiteheads, or closed white dots. They represent clogged pores with an extremely narrow opening, which are almost impossible to remove without the help of a doctor.
- Pustules- these are white or yellow bumps that are formed when bacteria proliferate inside a comedone at an enormous rate, causing inflammation and an increase in pimple size.
- The deepest form of acne - cysts, these are painful, deep cavities, rich in pus, from which scars can later remain.
Due to the fact that eels look extremely unaesthetic, they can be the cause of psychological complexes in their owner, and even with neglected forms, can cause rejection by others.
Causes of Acne
Violation of the sebaceous glands can occur as a result of increased sebum production, or blockage of the openings of the sebaceous glands with dirt, dust, or cosmetics.
Factors affecting increased sebum secretion:
- excessive functioning of the sebaceous glands in the period from 12 to 24 years, which is a physiological process rather than a disease;
- seborrhea, resulting from hereditary causes and accompanied by vigorous activity of the sebaceous glands;
- long-term use of certain antiepileptic drugs, corticosteroids, and anti-tuberculosis drugs, such as isoniazid, ethambutol, and isoniazid, as well as using cyclosporine A, azathioprine, lithium salts, iodine, bromine, and vitamins;
- diseases of the endocrine system, which are accompanied by elevated levels of male sex hormones;
- tumors of the ovaries and adrenal glands.
The causes of the appearance of acne can be some cosmetic products that have in their composition oily substances: lanolin, petroleum jelly or olive oil, and also containing a fat emulsion. Usually, if the remedy causes aggravation or the appearance of acne, it says "comedonogenic"if the drug cannot cause blockage of the glands, it will be written on it "non-comedonogenic".
The occurrence of acne in adults may occur due to endocrine diseases. If you are over 25 years old, and eels still haunt you, you need to do a comprehensive examination of the body. Sometimes acne can occur in women after thirty as a result intensive use of foundation creams. As a result of the constant blockage of the sebaceous glands and acne appears.
In milder forms of acne and as a preventive measure, certain recommendations should be followed:
- Cleansing the skin.Do not allow the appearance of traffic jams in places of accumulation of sebaceous glands. To do this, regularly do a mild cleaning of the skin with cosmetics, it is best to stop using soap at all, switch to non-comedogenic products and not use alcohol-containing cosmetics.
- Skin protection. Protect your skin from drying and exposure to UV. Before you go out, be sure to apply a hypoallergenic moisturizer to your skin. Avoid prolonged exposure to the sun, although in small doses a tan can alleviate the condition of acne-prone skin.
- Good help to fight acne rash wiping the face with salicylic acid and fruit acid peels.
In more severe forms of acne, special drugs are prescribed that should be taken orally. But they should be used only after consulting a specialist.
Laser treatment of acne
With advanced cases of acne, laser therapy is the only option for most patients.
The main principle of action of laser treatment is that the laser beam passes into the skin a few millimeters, where the sebaceous glands lie. Getting under the skin, the laser creates a heat effect that feels like a slight tingling of the skin. Then there is the destruction of some cells that close the passages of the sebaceous glands. Treatment of acne with a laser reduces the activity of the sebaceous glands, while fungi and bacteria that cause acne are killed.
During treatment with a laser, a positive effect of skin reconstruction occurs. Skin pores are narrowed, the skin relief is smoothed, skin pigmentation disappears, scars disappear, and further education is prevented. The skin becomes uniform and healthy color, it shines with freshness and beauty.
On the Internet you can find a lot of reviews about the treatment of acne, read them, from there you can learn a lot of useful information. But most importantly - do not start acne disease, because any disease is easiest to treat at the very beginning!