Summer gives us not only the sun's rays and the sea breeze. We can enjoy our favorite vegetables all season. Of course, when the temperature rises, I don’t really want to stand at the stove, so we look for dishes that are cooked simply and quickly. The subject of our conversation today are zucchini stewed with carrots and onions.
Many housewives at least once in their lives cooked zucchini stewed with carrots and onions. The calorie content of this dish is negligible: per 100 g of product there are no more than 40 Kcal. This, of course, provided that you will cook the dish exclusively on vegetable oil and without adding meat fillet. In its pure form, the nutritional value of zucchini is about 25 Kcal.
During the heat, I don’t really want to eat fatty and hot food, but with a light dish made from vegetables, everyone can enjoy the food without exception. As you know, the greatest value for the human body is peel zucchini. It can be eaten, but if the vegetable is young, that is, not overripe. Otherwise, the peel is better to remove.
Before you go to the kitchen and start preparing a light but healthy dinner, let's take a look at some of the nuances:
- You do not know how to put out zucchini? Carefully read the recipe. The main thing - pay attention to the vegetable was young and had a uniform color.
- Squashes need to be thoroughly washed, overripe fruits are peeled and peeled.
- Grind zucchini need equivalent pieces. Then the dish will roast evenly and acquire an original and aesthetic look.
- Zucchini - juicy vegetables, so to extinguish the use of broth or filtered water is not necessary.
- As professional culinary specialists say, the described vegetables absorb the taste and aroma of other ingredients to the maximum. To fill the zucchini zesty taste, in addition to carrots and onions, add a variety of spices, seasonings, dried herbs.
- Zucchini tastes great in harmony with fresh tomatoes.
- If you add fresh tomatoes, then they need to be peeled.
- Quickly get rid of the skin is very simple: pour tomatoes with boiling water and immediately move into a bowl with cold water. Vegetables like jumping out of their vestments.
- Stew zucchini can be in a frying pan, broiler, stewpan, oven, multicooker.
- If you add meat fillet to vegetables, you must first boil it or fry it until ready.
- It is not necessary to stew zucchini for a long time, otherwise they may lose their original appearance.
- Quenching is the best way of heat treatment, which preserves maximum nutrients and vitamins. Do not believe? Try it yourself.
Light Zucchini Snack: From the Garden to the Table
We suggest you cook zucchini stewed with vegetables. Step-by-step recipe with photos clearly demonstrate the entire process in stages. By the way, such dishes are most often prepared by people who grow vegetables in their backyard plots. Just imagine how tasty and fragrant the stew will turn out! And even more pleasant and warmer in the soul becomes from the fact that all the vegetables you have grown yourself.
- 2 pcs. squash;
- to taste fine-grained salt;
- 1 carrot;
- 1 tsp. granulated sugar;
- 5 pieces. garlic cloves;
- 1 onion;
- 1 tbsp. l refined sunflower oil.
- Prepare all the necessary vegetables.
- Squash thoroughly washed, remove the stem.
- We clean carrots, onions and garlic cloves.
- Grind squash and garlic into cubes, cut onion in the shape of half rings, and shred carrots on a grater.
- Pour refined sunflower oil into the pan and alternately fry each vegetable.
- It is best to do it separately.
- Then mix all the browned vegetables in one pan or sauté pan, season with salt and spices.
- Stew for 10-15 minutes in a sealed container.
- Serve stewed zucchini with fish or meat fillet is better.
- The finished vegetable dish can be decorated with greens.
The game of vegetable paints
Agree that a dish that is cooked not only with love, but also with taste, looks much more appetizing. This is not about blending aromas, but about an ensemble of colors of multi-colored vegetables. Dessert onions, zucchini, tomatoes, greens - all this will play a new bright facets. Do you want to pamper your household? Be sure to put out zucchini with the addition of other seasonal vegetables. You can show enough of your imagination, because you will not spoil the taste of the dish with a variety and quantity of useful products growing in the garden.
- 2 pcs. medium-sized squashes;
- 0.5 kg of fresh tomatoes (preferably cherry varieties);
- 4 things. garlic cloves;
- Red dessert onion - 2 pcs .;
- 2 tbsp. l sunflower refined oil;
- salt and pepper mixture to taste.
- To begin with we will carry out preparatory actions and we will process vegetables.
- Onions, zucchini peel cleaned, and then thoroughly washed.
- Tomatoes are also washed.
- The above-mentioned vegetables are shredded, but not too small, otherwise in the process of stewing we will make porridge.
- We take heat-resistant dishes with high sides and pour refined sunflower oil into it.
- The first we have onions sent to the pan.
- We fry it to transparency.
- Meanwhile, skip the garlic through a press and add to the browned onions.
- Fry the garlic until golden brown.
- Next on the start are chopped zucchini and tomatoes. We also send them to the pan.
- Mix everything well and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- The finished dish is seasoned with salt, pepper mixture, and chopped greens.
Summer is an amazing time. Of course, to accumulate vitamins in the body for the whole year will not work, but plenty to feast on your favorite vegetables is quite real. Zucchini, as already mentioned, is a low-calorie product, but at the same time it is enriched with various micro and macro-element substances. Want to be healthy, young and beautiful? Enter stewed zucchini with onions and carrots in your diet. Moreover, you will not need much time, because you can cook an elegant stew in 15-20 minutes. Enjoy your meal!