What could be more delicious than cakes or bread with mouthwatering holes? It seems that only professional bakers can prepare such dough. But in fact, it is quite capable of any hostess. If only the brew for yeast dough was "correct"!
What is opara?
Not without reason in English is the starter. This is really the beginning of any yeast baking. Opara is a liquid mixture for the rapid dissolution of yeast. In it, yeast bacteria breathe freely, which means they process sugar faster and multiply. The carbon dioxide released in this process forms pretty bubbles that distinguish baked yeast and yeast-free baking. Opara is needed in order to:
- check the quality of the yeast without spoiling a large amount of flour;
- the dough was airy;
- as a result of the formation of esters, pastries acquired a stunning flavor;
- increase the amount of dough.
The advantages of yeast dough dough
The main advantage of sponge dough is its plasticity. This allows you to make more perfect baking forms. In addition, sponge yeast dough is stored longer in the form of billet, and already in the finished product. As for the influence of the dough on the quality of the test, the following advantages can be identified:
- intensive accumulation of lactic acid has a positive effect on the taste of baking;
- the formation of melanoidins guarantees a smooth, ruddy crust;
- swelling of the flour particles causes the porosity of the cake layers.
Before undertaking the preparation of brew, you need to consider the following nuances.
- The optimum temperature of the water used for kneading dough is about 20 degrees Celsius (except for the cases of dry yeast, but the packaging with this type of product always shows the necessary temperature readings).
- To speed up the fermentation process of brew, you need to increase the amount of flour during mixing. Just do not get involved much - the texture of the dough should resemble a suspension.
- Top grade flour ferments more slowly than whole grain flour.
- The amount of sugar for baking should be calculated so as to take into account the high consumption of fermentation. This is also important because the lack of sugar will result in a pale crust of the finished product.
- Salt is not added to the dough, as it slows down the reaction of bacteria with sugar.
To make the bread tasty, the brew must be prepared in advance. By the way, there is a recipe for French bakers who maintain a sponge for 3 hours and only then add it to the dough. But there are faster ways to make yeast starter, including on dry yeast.
- 1 tbsp. filtered water (about 30 degrees);
- 1 bag of dry yeast;
- 2 tbsp. l Sahara;
- 2 tbsp. l flour.
- Pour water into a wide bowl.
- Slowly pour in the yeast, stirring constantly.
- Add sugar and flour, mix well (if the consistency is thicker than liquid kefir, add water, in the opposite situation - flour).
- Cover the blank with a cloth, put in a warm place without drafts for 20-25 minutes.
Of course, the preparation of brewing for bread according to the classic recipe requires fresh, not dry yeast. Professional bakers are convinced that comparing pastries on dry and fresh yeast is like comparing sound quality on vinyl and digit.
- ¼ briquette fresh yeast;
- 1 tbsp. warm (about 20 degrees) filtered water;
- 1 tbsp. l Sahara;
- 4 tbsp. l flour.
- Drop a piece of frozen yeast into the water.
- After 2-3 minutes, pour sugar, wait 15 minutes before the foam begins to form.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and pour in the flour, cover with a napkin.
- We put in a warm place for 20 minutes.
For cooking pies or pies, you can make a brew on milk - then baking will be even softer.
- 50 g of fresh yeast (or a standard dry bag);
- 2 tbsp. fresh homemade milk;
- 1 tbsp. l flour;
- 1 tbsp. l Sahara.
- Heat the milk to 20-22 degrees.
- In a wide bowl, mix the milk with yeast.
- Constantly stirring, add flour and sugar.
- Cover with a napkin and set for 1.5 hours in a warm place.
If there is no milk, then the same brew can be cooked in water. The number of products remains unchanged.
How to evaluate the quality of sponge?
To appreciate the "real" taste of pastry on yeast dough, you should make a high-quality sponge. After the dough billet is built and fermented, it should be the consistency of liquid sour cream. However, it is no less important how the further mixing of the yeast dough occurs. Namely - how the flour is poured into the fermented mixture. This should be done slowly, sifting better through a sieve and stirring occasionally so as not to form lumps.
Yeast dough is an important step in making delicious pastries. And let these recipes take a little more time, but the result can be predicted in advance: the dough, mixed with the dough, will be tasty, airy and very appetizing smelling. So the costs will be fully justified.