Perhaps every hostess in the arsenal has its own signature recipe for making yeast dough. This kind of dough can rightly be considered universal, because it is perfect for baking pastries, for pizza, and for frying pies in a frying pan. How to properly and quickly prepare the yeast dough on yogurt, it will be discussed in this article.
Yeast dough on kefir: tips from experienced chefs
Before you start kneading, for example, yeast dough on kefir for cake, read the tips of experienced chefs. They will help you choose the right yeast base and find out what role kefir plays in kneading dough. Here are some practical tips for hostess note:
- Choose only fresh yeast.
- Pressed yeast is stored for several days. In the refrigerator, they can retain their useful properties for 3 weeks, and in the freezer - about 2 months.
- If you purchased the yeast in advance and stored it in the freezer, then it should be thawed at a temperature threshold not higher than + 8 °, otherwise they will spread and lose all their properties.
- "Old" yeast will not bring the necessary benefits to the test. If you use yeast, the shelf life of which has already come out, then, most likely, the dough not only does not fit, but also acquires a sour taste and an unpleasant beer smell.
- Today in the shops you can find a variety of dry yeast. Their choice should be approached with great care, since there is a shredded and granulated yeast.
- Granular yeast must first be diluted in water and let it brew a little so that they separate. Frayed yeast does not require prior dissolution - they are immediately ready for use.
- Pay attention to the proportions of yeast indicated in the recipes. The ratio of dry yeast and pressed is 1: 3. This means that 11 g of dry yeast can be replaced by 33 g of pressed.
- Yeast test best of all to insist on yogurt - in this case, it will turn porous and fluffy. The active formula of a fermented milk product has a good effect on yeast, as a result of which fermentation takes place and the yeast cells actively swell.
The classic recipe for yeast base
If you want to make yeast dough on kefir for fried pies, you can use the classic way of cooking. This dough is made very quickly and without much effort. It can be prepared with the addition of pressed or dry high-speed yeast.
- kefir with any percentage of fat content - 0.5 l;
- high-grade flour;
- compressed or dry yeast - 40 g or 17 g, respectively;
- chicken egg - 1 pc .;
- sunflower oil - 85 ml;
- sugar - 4 tbsp. l .;
- a small pinch of salt.
- In a separate deep dish, slightly heat the kefir, its temperature should not exceed 38 °.
- In the heated kefir add yeast (dry or pressed). If you add pressed yeast mass, then you need to crush it with your hands.
- Also in kefir, add a couple of tablespoons of flour and sugar. Mix all ingredients well.
- You should have a kind of opara. Cover the deep dishes with a towel or napkin and leave the brew to brew for about 15 minutes.
- After this time on the surface of kefir should form a foam with bubbles.
- Add sunflower oil, a small pinch of salt and a chicken egg to the set. Mix everything thoroughly.
- Gradually pour one tablespoon of flour into the prepared mixture, do not forget to constantly mix the dough.
- After the dough thickens a little, place it on a work surface and continue to knead gradually in small portions, adding flour.
- After kneading, the yeast dough should be sticky.
- Put the dough in a separate dish, cover with a towel or napkin and let it go. Infusion time must be at least 40 minutes.
- After this time, lay your hands on the dough slightly and let it come up again.
- Kneaded yeast dough on kefir can be used to prepare not only pies, but also pizza.
How to knead the dough for pies?
Each housewife will like the recipe for yeast dough for pies with the addition of kefir. Pies and cakes from this dough are lush, golden and very tasty.
- kefir - 0.3 l;
- dry or pressed yeast - 11 or 33 g, respectively;
- milk of any fat content - 100 ml;
- salt - 0.5 tsp;
- butter - 100 g;
- 1 chicken egg;
- sugar - 2 tbsp. l
- Heat the milk on the stove or in the microwave to a temperature not exceeding 40 °.
- Pour the warmed milk into separate dishes and add yeast and granulated sugar to it.
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly and set aside the dishes. Let the milk yeast brew for about 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the butter in a saucepan and melt it, but do not bring to a boil.
- Then the butter should be slightly cooled and combined with a milky-yeast mass.
- Lightly heat the kefir. It is best to do this in a water bath so as not to form a curd.
- Add warmed kefir and chicken egg to the milky yeast mixture. Mix everything well with a mixer, a whisk or a blender.
- After this, start gradually in small portions add flour to the liquid, stirring thoroughly with a spoon or spatula.
- When the dough becomes thick, lay it on a work surface and continue kneading by hand.
- Do not bake the dough too much flour - it should be fluffy, light and porous.
- Deep dish grease with good sunflower oil and put the kneaded dough into it. Cover with a napkin and set aside in a warm place.
- After 35-40 minutes, the dough should increase its volume approximately twice. It should be a little upset and leave for another 15-20 minutes.
- From such yeast dough, you can make patties for baking in the oven.
Delicate base for buns
If you want to make delicious buns, then try a new, simple and easy recipe for kneading dough on kefir.
- kefir of any fat content - 0.25 l;
- dry or pressed yeast - 10 or 30 g, respectively;
- sugar - 3 tbsp. l .;
- warm filtered water - 0.1 l;
- 1 chicken egg;
- sunflower oil - 50 ml;
- flour - about 0.5 kg.
- Heat slightly water, its temperature should not exceed 40 °.
- In a deep bowl lay out the yeast and 1 tbsp. l Sahara. Dry components should be filled with warm water.
- Approximately 5 minutes, allow the mixture to infuse, and then mix well.
- In a separate bowl pour kefir, it should not be cold.
- Mix with kefir sunflower oil, a pinch of salt, 3 tbsp. l sugar and egg. To make the mass homogeneous, all the ingredients can be whipped with a blender or mixer.
- When a bubble foam is formed on the yeast mass, add it to the kefir and mix everything well.
- If the foam is not formed, it means that the yeast is substandard or stale.
- Gradually add sifted wheat flour to the liquid mixture. First, mix everything with a spoon, and when the dough is slightly thickened, place it on a work surface and knead well.
- Put the kneaded dough in a deep bowl and cover with a dry towel or napkin.
- Leave the dough to infuse in a warm place for about 1.5-2 hours.
- After this time, the dough will be ready and it can be used to form the buns.
For a similar recipe, you can make a baking yeast dough on kefir, only add 2 chicken eggs and butter. Vanilla sugar or essence is also added to the pastry.
Manufacturers today offer a wide assortment of yeast. Buy only proven and fresh yeast, because the quality of the dough and the finished dish depends on their quality. Choose a recipe you like and don't be afraid to experiment. Yeast dough on kefir turns porous, tender and very lush.