Perhaps, both adults and children love baking. Each hostess tries to surprise her household with delicious bagels, buns, cakes with different fillings. Practically the national dish of Russian cuisine is the pie with cabbage from yeast dough. To cook such a dish is very simple, and the pastries are very nourishing and tasty.
In this article we will look at the basic rules for kneading yeast dough and some of the best recipes for making cabbage pies.
What are the features of yeast dough?
Yeast dough is considered to be very capricious and fastidious, so in order for the cabbage pie to turn out lush and tasty, it is necessary to take certain rules into account when preparing it:
- You need to choose only proven yeasts, since the taste and fluffiness of the kneaded dough depends on their quality. You can use both pressed and dry yeast.
- If the recipe contains proportions of pressed yeast, you can replace them with dry, only the quantity must necessarily be three times less (for example, instead of 45 g of pressed you should use 15 g of dry yeast).
- Pre-yeast is best mixed with whey, milk or water. After the foam has formed, the yeast is ready for use.
- For kneading dough dough flour must be sifted.
- In the yeast dough you need to add only a clearly specified number of eggs. If you put more eggs in the dough, then the baking may turn out to be dry and knocked down. At 500 g of flour you need to lay no more than 2 eggs.
- The dough for the pie with cabbage must go. In no case should you leave it in a draft or at a low temperature. Yeast dough loves heat.
- Fill the form with yeast dough should be no more than 2/3 of the part, because in the baking process it will do. When filling the form, the dough may leak out.
- Yeast dough must be kneaded by hand to make it soft, elastic and lush.
- When baking a pie with cabbage made from yeast dough, it is not recommended to open the oven before the baking time is completed, otherwise the dough may not be suitable and the baking will be knocked out. Some cooks advise to open the oven only after at least half of the time allowed for baking.
- Yeast dough must be salted regardless of the type of filling used.
Cabbage Pie: A Yeast-Based Recipe
If you have not baked cabbage pie until today, then it's time to try. This baking will be enjoyed by all households. The main thing is to make the right stuffing and knead the dough.
- pressed yeast - 50 g;
- water - 400 ml;
- sugar - 1.5 tbsp. l .;
- table salt - 1 tsp;
- sunflower oil - 3 tbsp. l .;
- flour - 500 g
You need the following ingredients for the filling:
- White cabbage;
- tomato paste or fresh tomatoes;
- sunflower oil;
- sugar to taste.
- It is best to start cooking the cabbage pie with kneading dough. As long as the dough fits, you can make the filling.
- First of all, you need to mix the sugar and yeast and melt them in a bowl.
- Let the yeast stand for a few minutes.
- Then gradually pour in the water, which you must first slightly heat.
- Then sift the flour and mix with the other ingredients.
- After you start kneading the dough, add sunflower oil and continue kneading until it is fluffy, soft and elastic.
- The dough should be moved to a deep dish, which should be covered with a towel, and put in a warm place during the preparation of the filling.
- To prepare the filling, take white cabbage and chop it.
- Now you need to peel onions and carrots and grind everything. Carrots can be grated.
- Chopped carrots and onions need to be sauteed.
- After the onions and carrots are slightly roasted, they need to add cabbage, pour tomato juice (or tomato paste diluted with water), salt and mix and leave to stew under the lid until ready.
- As soon as the filling is ready, proceed to the preparation of the cake. Divide the dough into two equal pieces and roll to the shape of your pan.
- Grease a baking sheet with sunflower oil (or spread out parchment paper). Put the cabbage filling on the bottom layer.
- Now lay out another layer of rolled dough and tweak the edges. Put the cake in the oven and bake for about 30-40 minutes at about 180 °.
- Pie can be served at the table.
Cabbage Layer Cake
Baking is very delicate if you use puff pastry for a pie with cabbage. It will be delicious and airy.
- ready-made puff pastry yeast - 2 sheets;
- egg - 3 pcs .;
- White cabbage;
- onions (can be greens);
- salt and spices.
- Take the puff pastry (you can buy it at any grocery store) and roll out two layers of the same size (in accordance with the shape of your pan).
- Spread one layer on a pan, pre-oiled with sunflower oil.
- The filling must be put out. To do this, chop the cabbage and simmer it in vegetable oil in a frying pan or saucepan with a little addition of water. To taste, you can add carrots and onions.
- Boil the eggs in a separate bowl, peel them and finely chop them.
- Put the filling on the first layer of puff pastry evenly.
- Place the chopped eggs and greens of the onions on top of the cabbage.
- Then put the second layer and tweak the edges.
- Use a knife to make several transverse cuts.
- To make the crust ruddy and appetizing, the pie on top can be smeared with beaten egg yolk.
- You need to bake in the oven for at least half an hour at a temperature of 180-200 °.
- The finished cake should brew for 5-10 minutes.
As you can see, making a cake with yeast dough cabbage is quite simple. This dish will perfectly complement your dining table or turn into a wonderful snack at a festive feast. To your taste, these recipes can be improved and add grated cheese or mushrooms.