The process of baking yeast dough should not be intimidating for hostesses. With the help of flour and yeast, you can make an exquisite dessert for a holiday or bake cupcakes for dinner. But especially delicious and fragrant is a pie made from yeast dough with apples.
How to bake a delicious apple pie?
Yeast dough apple pie can be made in various variations. For example, make it open or bake in the form of a cake. This dish can be a great addition to breakfast or decorate a festive table.
There are several culinary tips that will be useful for beginners:
- Yeast must be poured necessarily warm water and shake until dissolved. In addition, they must be fresh and of good quality.
- When the dough is ready, it is laid out in a mold, covered with a towel and give time to rise.
- To the dough is well increased in volume, it is cleaned in a warm place or put in a heated oven.
- If you are going to bake a pie with apples from ready-made frozen yeast dough, then remove it from the freezer 2 hours before baking.
And now let's try to bake a pie according to one of our recipes.
Open pie with yeast dough apples
- 2 ¾ Art. flour;
- dry yeast - 1 sachet;
- ½ tsp fine salt;
- 1 ¾ Art. warm water;
- 1 chicken egg;
- 2 tbsp. l olive oil;
- 2 large apples;
- 1 tbsp. l melted margarine;
- juice of half a lemon;
- ¾ Art. Sahara;
- ¾ Art. brown sugar;
- ¾ Art. finely chopped almonds;
- Prepare all the ingredients, and then in a small bowl with high sides mix the yeast, sugar and salt.
- Now heat the water with oil in the microwave until the liquid is warm to the touch. Add some water, oil, vanilla in a bowl to the dry ingredients, beat in the same egg.
- Beat all with a mixer for a few minutes.
- Then add the sifted flour into the bowl.
- Again mix everything up with a mixer or plastic spatula until thick.Grease the bottom and sides of the baking dish with a slice of margarine. Spread the dough with your fingers over the entire bottom surface so that there are no gaps, and cover the dishes with a clean kitchen towel.
- While the dough rises, you need to do the preparation of apples and sweet topping (sauce).
- Slice frozen butter into small pieces with a sharp knife.
- Then add flour, two types of sugar, almonds, and a pinch of cinnamon in a bowl of butter. Mix well with a blender or simply knead the mixture with your hands to a state of sticky crumbs.
- It's time to do apples. They need to be washed, peeled, removed the core and cut into semi-rings of medium size. While you are putting the apples in a bowl, spray each layer with lemon juice so that they do not darken.
- By this time it should be about half an hour, and it's time to check the dough. Look under the towel: if the dough is sufficiently increased in volume, you can proceed to the next step. If, however, it is badly raised, leave it for another 10 minutes, but for now heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- As soon as you see that the dough has doubled in size, melt 1 tablespoon of margarine and add ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon to it. Carefully apply the fragrant oil mixture over the dough.
- Then lay out a layer of apple slices, positioning them so that there is no free space left.
- Brush the apple layer with residues of cinnamon oil.
- Sprinkle a layer of pre-mixed sweet topping and put the form in the oven.
- Bake the cake for 35-40 minutes.
- If desired, the cake can be coated with chocolate icing or decorated with whipped cream.
Apple with cinnamon: preparing a closed cake
Ingredients for the test:
- 3 large eggs;
- ¾ Art. margarine;
- 6 tbsp. l Sahara;
- 75 ml of slightly heated water;
- 0.5 tsp. cardamom and iodized salt;
- 2 ¼ tsp yeast;
- 4.5 tbsp. sifted flour;
- 200 ml of pasteurized milk.
The composition for the filling:
- 3 large apples;
- 2 tsp. lemon juice;
- 1 tsp. starch;
- a pinch of nutmeg;
- ¼ Art. brown sugar;
- 1 tsp. cinnamon powder.
Composition for topping:
- ½ tbsp. flour;
- ½ tbsp. Sahara;
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder;
- a pinch of fine salt and cardamom;
- 3 tbsp. l margarine;
- As always, the preparation of a closed pie with apples from yeast dough begins with the collection and preparation of all the ingredients.
- In a small bowl, mix the yeast, warm water, and a pinch of sugar until the dry ingredients dissolve. Then set the bowl aside and let the mixture "rest" for about 10 minutes.
- In a bowl at medium speed, combine sugar, butter, and cardamom and salt to a pale-colored paste.
- Now add a half cup of flour and an egg and beat again for about a minute.
- Stop the mixer and add 2 tbsp to the bowl. sifted flour, as well as yeast and warm milk. Mix on medium speed mixer until the flour is completely absorbed into the dough.
- Then put the sticky dough on the desktop and continue to knead with hands for 5 to 8 minutes, adding flour as needed.
- After that, put the dough in a bowl lubricated with margarine, cover and place in a warm place for at least an hour, until it rises 1.5-2 times.
- For the filling, peel the apple and cut it into medium cubes. Sprinkle fruits with lemon juice, sprinkle with sugar with cinnamon, cornstarch, nutmeg and salt.
- For topping in a small bowl, mix all ingredients, except oil, until smooth. Then add margarine in small pieces and knead the mixture with your fingers to the state of crumb.
- When the dough fits, cut off half of the total mass and roll it into a layer of the desired diameter. Sprinkle half with a mixture of topping, and then cover it with a layer of apples.
- From the widest part of the dough we begin to roll a circle in the shape of a horseshoe. Make small cuts on the sides and spread the cake on a baking sheet, remembering to grease the dough with a beaten egg on top.
- We bake the cake in the oven at a temperature of 180 degrees for about 30-35 minutes, after which you can decorate it with powdered sugar or sesame seeds.
For a similar recipe, you can make a pie with apples from puff yeast dough.
Now you know how to bake a yeast pie with apple filling. This dessert will be especially relevant in the apple season and will appeal to both children and adults. Good appetite!