Virtually every housewife often prepares the well-known salad "Olivier" or "Winter." But sometimes you want to make some zest to your favorite dish. If you add some ingredients, you get a completely new "Winter" salad, a classic recipe that is quite simple in execution.
The classic recipe of this salad knows every housewife without exception. Experienced cooks give their tips on how to make a familiar dish original, savory and very tasty:
- boiled sausage can be replaced by boiled chicken meat, veal, pork, beef, or smoked meats;
- Potatoes and eggs must be cooled before cutting;
- all components of the salad should be cut into equal pieces;
- To make the salad fresh in summer, add chopped greens to your taste;
- diversify the salad can be boiled carrots;
- Any meat fillet should be boiled for at least an hour, and then a little more in the broth;
- green peas, you must first rinse and drain the juice;
- pickled cucumbers are better for savory flavor and taste;
- as a dressing, you can choose mayonnaise, sour cream or specially prepared sauce;
- the extraordinary taste and aroma of the salad will be added to a yoghurt-based sauce with garlic cloves, lime, mustard and pepper;
- salad leaves can be used for decoration;
- salad "Winter" can be layered or mixed;
- salting the salad is undesirable because pickled cucumbers, meat and dressing will eliminate the unpleasant taste of the dish.
Salad "Winter": a classic recipe with sausage
Back in Soviet times, the classic "Olivier" was always cooked with boiled sausage. There is an opinion among culinary specialists that the Winter salad was prepared for the first time in 1894. The initial variation of such a salad was exquisite and delicious. They added grouse, pressed caviar, crayfish necks, capers, etc. In the USSR, as we know, there was a food shortage, so the usual boiled sausage became the basis of the salad. According to this recipe, the "Winter" salad is made today.
- boiled sausage - 0.2 kg;
- pickled cucumbers - 3 pcs .;
- 3 chicken eggs;
- potatoes - 2-3 pcs .;
- canned peas - 150 g;
- Table mayonnaise and salt - to taste.
- Eggs should be boiled hard boiled, and potatoes - in uniform.
- With canned peas need to drain the juice.
- Boiled potatoes should be cut into small cubes.
- Boiled eggs should be crushed into cubes or using a special mesh.
- Boiled sausage should be cut into equivalent cubes or small cubes.
- Pickled cucumbers need to dry and chop into small cubes.
- Put crushed ingredients into deep enamel or glass dish and add canned green peas.
- In the salad you need to add to taste table mayonnaise of any fat content. Cooks advise to give preference to mayonnaise "Provence" with 67% fat.
- Salad need to mix well.
"Winter" salad with spring notes
In the icy season so want a little summer heat. You can give a piece of summer to your household by preparing a traditional "Winter" salad with fresh cucumbers and greens. The riot of colors and the exquisite taste of the dish will not leave anyone indifferent. You can also add boiled carrots to taste.
- 0.4 kg beef pulp;
- 2-3 fresh cucumbers;
- 2 carrots;
- 5 potatoes;
- 5 boiled chicken eggs;
- canned green peas - 1 can;
- ½ tbsp. sour cream with 15% fat concentration;
- table mayonnaise - to taste;
- spring onions (feathers);
- salt and pepper mix.
- Beef pulp should be thoroughly washed and boiled to a state of readiness in salted broth.
- After cooling, the beef must be cut into cubes.
- Boiled potatoes and carrots should be peeled and cut into equivalent cubes.
- Chicken eggs, pre-cooked hard boiled, it is better to grind with a grater or a special mesh.
- Fresh cucumbers should be washed, dried and chopped into equivalent cubes.
- A bunch of onions green feather should be washed under water and finely chopped.
- From the green canned peas should drain the juice.
- All components need to put in a deep bowl, season with mayonnaise, sour cream, salt and a mixture of peppers.
- The salad should be stirred and then put on a plate and decorated with salad leaves or greens.
Salad with chicken and greens
Diversify the usual salad "Winter", for example, for serving to the festive table, you can boiled fillet or smoked chicken. Choose a meat base according to your personal taste preferences. As a dressing, you can take sour cream or make an original and savory sauce. You can also make homemade mayonnaise and season them with a salad.
- smoked chicken fillet - 0.3 kg;
- ½ onion;
- boiled potatoes in a uniform - 2-3 pcs .;
- 1 chicken egg;
- boiled carrots - 1 pc .;
- canned green peas - 1 bank;
- mayonnaise, salt and greens - to taste.
- Smoked chicken fillet should be peeled and cut into equivalent cubes.
- Potatoes and carrots must be peeled and chopped.
- Boiled eggs need to be cleaned and grated.
- Green canned peas should be laid out in a colander to stack the marinade.
- Half the onion should be peeled and finely chopped.
- All prepared ingredients should be put in a deep salad bowl, seasoned with common salt, spices and mayonnaise, and then mixed.
- Decorate the salad "Winter" with smoked chicken fillet can be sprigs of fresh parsley. If desired, herbs can be immediately added to the salad.
Spicy snack for the festive table
Do you want to cook a delicious dish that will satisfy even a true gourmet? Try to look at the usual salad "Winter" in a new way. Fried mushrooms, olives and lemon juice will add a touch of elegance and piquancy to the salad. If you wish, you can add canned peas to this salad.
- any meat fillet - 0.4 kg;
- 0.4 kg of fresh mushrooms;
- 2 boiled potatoes;
- chicken eggs - 4 pcs .;
- 1 onion;
- ½ lemon;
- fresh cucumbers - 3 pcs .;
- 3 tbsp. l olives;
- sour cream and table mayonnaise;
- fresh herbs;
- cooking oil;
- salt and pepper mix.
- Fresh mushrooms should be washed, cut off the caps from the legs and cut into small cubes.
- In vegetable oil, chopped mushrooms should be fried until ready, and then put them into a salad bowl using a skimmer.
- Boiled potatoes and hard-boiled chicken eggs should be peeled and cut into equivalent cubes.
- The onion should be peeled and cut into half rings. Using lemon juice, chopped onions should be marinated for one hour.
- Fresh cucumbers need to remove the skin, and then should be cut into small cubes.
- All sliced ingredients and pickled onions need to shift to the bowl with mushrooms.
- In a separate container it is necessary to mix table mayonnaise and sour cream with any concentration of fat, respecting the proportions of 2: 1.
- In the dressing you need to add chopped olives and chopped greens.
- Prepared dressing should be put in a salad bowl and mix the salad thoroughly.
To date, there are many varieties of recipes for classic salad "Winter" or "Olivier". You can experiment every day with the preparation of such a dish, adding new ingredients and savory sauces. If you have a conservative view on cold appetizers, then prepare your favorite childhood salad according to the classic recipe. Enjoy your meal!