Most housewives use icing to decorate the cake. It is white, mirror, chocolate or with the addition of food coloring. You will learn about how delicious and beautiful white icing for the cake is prepared in our article.
There are countless different glaze recipes. It can be prepared on the basis of cream, curd mass, powdered sugar and egg whites. Professional pastry chefs reveal their secrets and are happy to share them with their hostesses.
So, to make a delicious white icing, in addition to observing all proportions, you should consider the following features:
- the icing hardens quite quickly and changes its consistency, so it should be applied on a warm cake;
- there should be no dust or other small particles in the kitchen, otherwise they will settle on the glaze and it will lose its shiny snow-white appearance;
- For the preparation of the glaze, you can use fresh egg whites or a dry product;
- To improve the consistency of the glaze, you can add lemon juice to proteins, but remember that its excess will make the glaze brittle;
- if you have made a downed glaze, add protein, and with a watery consistency, mix the right amount of powder;
- an excess of icing sugar will make the glaze grayish and heavy;
- so that the icing does not dry out, you can move it into a pastry bag or bowl and cover with wet gauze.
White icing for the cake: a recipe with a photo
The easiest and most affordable recipe for making a glaze for baking includes the usual ingredients: powdered sugar, as well as egg whites. You can change the proportions depending on how much glaze you need. This classic icing can decorate a cake, pie, gingerbread. If you wish, you can convert the white glaze to color by adding a little dye for food.
- powdered sugar - 250 g;
- 1 egg white.
- Using a sieve or cheesecloth, sift powdered sugar so that there are no lumps left.
- In a separate container lay out the egg white and sifted icing sugar.
- Using a mixer or blender, whip the icing until it becomes fluffy, thick and uniform.
If the icing turned out to be watery, then you can add a little more powdered sugar. Thick glaze can be slightly diluted with freshly squeezed lemon juice or warm water.
White chocolate ganache
In everyday life, white thick cream for cakes, we call it the icing. In fact, a cream made from white baked chocolate is called ganache. It was first tried in the 19th century in France. To prepare such a cream at home, we need a tile of high-quality, tasty and natural white chocolate.
- cream with 30% fat concentration - 125 ml;
- white chocolate - 125 g
- Put in a saucepan or another deep container of cream and set on moderate heat.
- Bring the cream to a boil, and then lay out the pieces of white chocolate.
- Boil the ganache on minimal heat until the chocolate is completely dissolved, while constantly stirring the cream with a spatula.
- Then the cream is poured into glassware, cooled and sent to the fridge for solidification.
- A thick mass of grease cakes for the cake or other pastries.
Icing for cake
How else can you make a white icing for the cake? Perhaps you have repeatedly paid attention to pastry masterpieces. Volumetric figures, smooth surface and unusual openwork jewelry are made of icing. Preparing this cream from the protein-sugar mass. Using stencils, icing you can make drawings or just cover them with a cake like icing. In this mass, you can add a little dye for food and get a color icing. It is not only very tasty, but also beautiful. When you make a confectionery product you need to show imagination.
- 1 egg white;
- 250 g of powdered sugar;
- ½ tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice;
- 1 tsp. glucose solution.
- Immediately I would like to draw attention to the fact that the glucose solution is added to impart additional elasticity to the icing. If you plan on using this cream to only lubricate the cakes, then you can not add glucose.
- Protein is carefully separated from the yolk, no impurities of the yolk mass in icing should be.
- Using a fork or whisk, whip the protein mass until foam appears.
- In the protein mass in small portions we begin to pour sifted icing sugar, constantly stirring.
- Almost at the very end add freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Powder sugar poured until the icing does not acquire the desired consistency for us.
- We apply elastic and thick cream-icing on baked cakes.
Baking greased with icing is not recommended to be stored in the refrigerator, because when exposed to a low temperature the cream becomes liquid and loses its elasticity.
Mastic for decorating the cake: beautiful and tasty
Some housewives prefer to grease cakes classic custard, glaze or sour cream. But to decorate the cake, you can use white mastic. It turns out very tasty and does not lose its shape. In addition, various figures can be molded from mastic using stencils.
- 10 g of food gelatin;
- powdered sugar - 0.5-0.6 kg;
- freshly squeezed lemon juice - 1 tbsp. l
- In a glass bowl lay out food gelatin and pour 2-3 tbsp. l water, stirring thoroughly with a spoon.
- Heat the gelatin mixture in a water bath so that the liquid becomes homogeneous.
- In the gelatinous mass, spread the sifted icing sugar, kneading the mastic for decoration, like dough. At the very end, when the mixture has already thickened, add freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Then the mastic is wrapped in a film for food and left in this form for 10-15 minutes.
- To roll out the mastic prepared for decorating the cake, sprinkle the working surface with sifted icing sugar and roll it out using a rolling pin.
Cooking white glaze takes you some time. To decorate the cake from the glaze, you can make various patterns or figures using stencils or pastry bag. Enjoy your meal!