Brynza is a soft homemade cheese made from sheep's, goat's or cow's milk. You can tell a lot about the benefits of this cheese, because it preserves almost all the beneficial properties of milk, contains a lot of calcium, and it also perfectly stimulates digestion.
Making a home market is very simple, and it will be much tastier and healthier than the store!
Sheep cheese at home: cooking rules
This cheese was invented by nomads who transported sheep's milk in waterskins made from dried stomachs of lambs, and once after a long journey they found a dense white clot instead of milk, very pleasant to taste. Later, these clots began to be called cheese.
Ingredients on the cheese is desirable to take home, you can buy them from the grandmothers in the market or go for them to the village. Of course, if there is no opportunity to buy homemade full-fat milk, then it is quite possible to get along with pasteurized. In this case, the nutritional value of the product will decrease, and the taste will not be so tender and creamy. But in the purchased milk there is also a plus - if you cook from it, at the exit you will get a dietary and practically fat-free product.
For the preparation of 1 kg of cheese you need about 5 liters of milk with above-average fat content, and if the fat content is low, the milk consumption increases. There is only one requirement for milk - it must be very fresh.
Pepsin, vinegar can serve as starters, and you can cook your own starter from the stomach of a lamb. To do this, you need to clean and dry the ventricle, and then cut it into thin straws. Pour a few pieces of the stomach with clean water and leave for a day. Completely natural product is ready.
If the sourdough is added correctly, the milk should curdle within 30 minutes. Cheese taste can be changed according to your desire, add paprika, red pepper, garlic, greens, cumin or mushrooms. With its taste, you can constantly experiment, each time getting a new tasty product.
Cheese in the home: recipes
White cheese without leaven
- Milk - 2 L
- Sour cream - 400 g (preferably fatter, at least 25%)
- Eggs - 6 pcs.
- Salt - to taste
- Milk salt to taste and put on the fire. Constantly stir, so as not to "run away" and not burnt.
- Beat eggs with a mixer and sour cream.
- When the milk boils, add the cream mixture to it and boil, stirring constantly, until the whey begins to separate.
- Take a clean pan, put a colander on it, covered with gauze.
- Throw the cooked mixture in a colander and leave to drain.
- Throw over the curd with the ends of the gauze, put a plate and put some kind of oppression, such as a half-liter jar of water. Leave it for 2-3 hours.
- When all the whey is completely drained, put the cheese in the fridge overnight. In the morning you can eat.
Home-made brynza with vinegar
- Homemade milk - 3 l
- Vinegar - 50 ml (can be replaced with lemon juice)
- Water - 0.5 l
- Salt - 125 g
- Bring the milk to a boil over low heat, pour in the vinegar. Stir until whey separates. Leave in a saucepan until cool.
- Place gauze in a colander and pour the resulting mass. Let drain 1-1.5 hours.
- Tie a gauze and send under a press, its weight should be 2 times heavier than the resulting cheese.
- An hour later, prepare the brine. Combine cold water and salt, lower the resulting cheese and again send under the press. After 5-6 hours you can eat.
Sourdough Home-made Cheese
In this recipe for cooking cheese, we need a natural sourdough. Pepsin is an enzyme, which is produced by mammalian stomach cells and breaks down proteins into peptides. Buy pepsin can be in the pharmacy. Try not to overdo the leaven, as the cheese will get an unpleasant taste. 1 g of pepsin is designed for 100 liters of milk.
- Pepsin - on the tip of a knife
- Homemade milk - 3-4 l
- Salt - to taste
- Water - 1 l
- Dilute pepsin with a small amount of water.
- Heat the milk to 45-50 degrees, without removing from the heat, pour in it the diluted pepsin. Stir, turn off the gas and leave for 10-15 minutes.
- Then beat with a fork or a whisk for 20 minutes, until the milk begins to turn into a solid mass. If the milk is still watery, you can add a little pepsin.
- Then fold on the gauze and allow the serum to drain completely.
- Give the cheese the desired shape and leave for a day in salted water so that the liquid completely covers the cheese.
Home Diet Cheese
According to this recipe it turns out very tasty and low-calorie cheese. Per 100 g of finished product is only 68.5 kcal. Of course, this is not exactly white cheese in the full sense of the word, since it is made from skimmed and 1% milk and kefir, but for girls who are on a diet, such a recipe is just a godsend! If you want to make a full-fledged brynza, take a 2.5% fat content of kefir and homemade milk.
- Kefir - 1 L
- Milk - 1 L
- Eggs - 6 pcs.
- Salt - to taste
- Red pepper - a small pinch
- Cumin - on the tip of a knife
- Garlic - 1 clove
- Greens - 1 bunch
- Pour the kefir and milk into the pan and put on the gas, without boiling, pour a thin stream of eggs, whipped with a mixer with salt.
- Bring to a boil and stir constantly for a few minutes until the whey separates.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Mix the mixture with finely chopped greens, squeezed garlic clove, cumin and red pepper.
- Pour the mass into a colander laid with gauze and let the serum drain. Smooth cheese mass with a spoon.
- Shake the gauze and put the cheese under pressure for 5-6 hours. If you do in the evening, in the morning you will have wonderful cheese ready for breakfast. It goes well with black bread and tomatoes.
Making cheese at home is a pretty exciting process. Perhaps learning to make cheese, you want to do homemade cheese making and learn recipes for more complex cheeses. In any case, you will have on the table a delicious homemade cheese, which you can be sure of. Good appetite!