You got a bottle of great homemade moonshine, but you do not like its smell and color? Don't worry, it's easy enough to fix. You can add a refined taste to your homemade alcoholic drink with the help of various herbal or fruit additives. So, on what to insist on moonshine so that it is not worse than elite spirits?
How to refine the drink of its own production?
Everyone knows that the refinement of any alcoholic drink gives two main components - taste and smell. Unfortunately, homemade moonshine, even after several distillations, often gives off brewing and alcohol. This deficiency can be corrected by adding herbal or fruit ingredients to the drink:
- Golden orange tint and fruity notes of moonshine are added using lemon peels, orange and walnut membranes. Pervak receives the same color and no less pleasant smell from saffron leaves, lingonberry juice.
- The rich bright red color of moonshine will give blueberries, cream of tartar and food coloring.
- There are many ways to give a good pervacha brownish tint. For example, insist brew in an oak barrel. And if such a device was not at hand, try adding some ground coffee, membranes of nuts, vanilla, cumin and cinnamon.
- To get an unusual alcoholic drink of green, try adding currant leaves, raspberries, a bunch of parsley or green onions to the moonshine.
- Pale blue, almost celestial shade experienced movers, obtained with the help of sunflower seeds, blueberries, yarrow flowers or cornflower.
There are also many other ways of coloring alcoholic beverages. So, in recent times, tincture of watermelon, orange or lemon rinds is gaining momentum. And in order to decide on what is better and how to insist on moonshine, be sure to try our recipes.
You do not need to be an expert to know how to insist on cranberry moonshine. This simple recipe is understandable even for beginners. The finished product will have a characteristic fruity taste and slightly sour. And if you want the tincture to be sweet, increase the amount of sugar by 100-200 g. Then "Cranberry" will be caramel color.
- 1 tbsp. ripe cranberries;
- ½ liter of good moonshine;
- ½ tbsp. Sahara.
- First you need to carefully sort out the cranberries. Separate rotten and unripe fruits from juicy and fleshy berries. Then rinse well with cold water suitable cranberries and drain in a colander to remove unnecessary moisture.
- Dry the berries, place in a deep, non-enameled dish, cover with sugar and cover with moonshine.
- Infuse the bottle of liquid in a dark room for three months, and strain before use.
- In a glass dish, preferably in a three-liter bottle, mix all the ingredients.
- Fill the resulting mass with self-produced alcohol and bring the flavor to your desired spice to taste.
- Cover the jar with a lid and store in a dark place for a long time (2-3 months).
Tincture on dried apricot and raisins
The manufacture of strong drinks based on fresh fruits and berries has recently gained immense popularity. This method is very simple and fast in execution. But what to do, if not the season and it is impossible to get the fruit? What to insist on moonshine to make it tasty? Try this recipe from dried fruit.
- 1 kg of raisins;
- 1 kg of dried apricots;
- 10 liters of water;
- 3 kg of sugar;
- 300 g fresh yeast.
- Take a capacious container of about 10-15 liters and add to the bottom of the prepared washed and sifted dried fruits.
- Fill with hot water at the rate of 2 kg of fruit mixture per 10 liters of water.
- Add sugar and pieces of yeast to the same place, close tightly with a lid and leave for a week in a dark place.
- Before distillation, add a bundle of dried thyme to the mash. Out of the total amount of ingredients, this results in about 3 liters of high-grade fruit alcohol.
Herb Pervach on herbs
There are many ways to make a bitter taste of home-brew, for example, on pine nuts. But the most delicious is a drink made from aromatic herbs. By the way, herbal liqueur is still very popular in many Italian provinces as an aperitif for lunch or dinner.
- 5 leaves of lemon balm;
- 5 sage leaves;
- 10 leaflets (not twigs) of rosemary;
- 10 leaves of wormwood;
- 15 juniper berries;
- 5 yarrow teeth;
- 12 pinch of cinnamon;
- 3/4 iris root;
- a piece of calamus root;
- gentian root;
- 2/3 Art. water.
- Soak the herbs in the moonshine for two weeks, and then add the sugar syrup to taste in the tincture.
- Strain the liquid through several layers of gauze to completely get rid of herbs and spices.
- The ratio of dry ingredients and moonshine is recommended to take at the rate of 100 grams of grass per 1 liter of alcohol.
Many people do not like to use their own production of moonshine for the simple reason that the drink has a characteristic taste, the smell of mash and drink it unpleasant. Homemade alcohol experts suggest using such products as a base for tinctures. Apples, lemons and oranges, nuts and dried apricots, fragrant herbs and spices will make the drink tastier and more fragrant, and also give the moonshine a touch of refinement.