Many housewives before purchasing small household appliances for the kitchenthink for a long time, consult with friends, surf the Internet in search of an answer to the question:what is better - a double boiler or a slow cooker? What will be more useful in the kitchen? Do these devices differ from each other and what?
Steamer or multicooker?
Of course, multicooker different from steamer, After all, these are two different devices of different functionality.
- First of all, it is worth mentioning the fact that these devices prepare food in different ways. Steamer uses steam for this purpose. A slow cooker - heat in a tightly closed space.
- The steamer can cook only steamed food, the slow cooker can cook not only steamed food, it can fry, stew, boil, bake and weary. I.eIn this sense, the multicooker can replace a double boiler, but, on the contrary, unfortunately, it will not work.
- The ability to heat food, defrost and postpone the start of the start is capable of both devices - a double boiler and a slow cooker.
- In a double boiler, there is a function that is not observed in multicookers, - the ability to prepare products in such a way that absolutely all vitamins and trace elements are completely preserved. In addition, in a double boiler, you can sterilize baby bottles and nipples. In multivarks there is no such function.
- In a double boiler you can cook several dishes at the same time. The number of dishes depends on how many tiers in the double boiler. The slow cooker, in turn, has only one capacity for cooking products, therefore, only one dish can be cooked at a time.
- The slow cooker will cook dishes longer than a double boiler, but the dishes in it will be incredibly tasty! The steamer, in turn, will prepare the dishes much faster, keeping all the vitamins in the products. If nutrients in products are valuable for you, and if you can, for example, after work, quickly prepare a three-course dinner, a double boiler will suit you best. And if functionality is important to you - pay attention to the slow cooker.
- One more difference between a double boiler and a multicooker - a double boiler costs much less than a multi cooker. For example, for the money for which you buy a good double boiler, you can only buy a budget model of a multicooker.
- In the double boiler there is a function "fast steam". It allows you to very quickly heat up a double boiler before you put products into it. In multi-cooks, the steaming function is not very strong, so it does not have any additional functions.
- The slow cooker can also cook under pressure, which the steamer cannot do. In addition, in a slow cooker it is possible to cook food in an open way, which is impossible in a double boiler.
- The volume of double boilers is often larger than multi-cookers. From this it follows that if you most often have to cook in large volumes - a steamer is more suitable for you.
- Steamer - an indispensable device in those families in which there are small children. In a double boiler will cook a variety of vegetables and steamed meat, which can be given to kids as a complementary food.
- In the multivarcs, if you wish, you can bake something like bread (how to do this, you can read in the article Bread in the slow cooker). In a double boiler will not work to bake.
- The slow cooker, being present in the kitchen, is capable of replacing several kitchen appliances at once, for example, a pan, a frying pan, a grill, a stove, a double boiler, a rice cooker, a fryer and an oven. And the double boiler has only one function - to cook for a couple.
- Steamer is much easier to maintain, it is not so difficult to wash. In addition, products in a double boiler can not burn to its bottom or walls. In the slow cooker, because of some cooking features, dirt and grease accumulate, which are difficult to remove.
- The food bowl at the multicooker is coated with a special non-stick coating. On the one hand, this is good, the products do not burn. On the other hand, the coating is not eternal and wears out quickly, and sometimes it is equivalent to buy a new bowl for a multicooker buying an inexpensive steamer.
- In the slow cooker there is an opportunity to cook everything the same as in a double boiler. And vice versa - is impossible. For example, it is impossible to cook soup in a double boiler or to cook roasted meat. And in a slow cooker, for example, you can make baked milk. Read more about how to do this, see the article Baked milk at home.
- When a dish is cooked in a slow cooker, quite often it is necessary to add some products in the cooking process. With a double boiler, you can not worry, but simply lay all the products and go about your business.
- Some believe that dishes prepared in a double boiler, turn out somewhat freshly.
Summarizing, we can say the following: a double boiler and a slow cooker are hard to compare, because they are two completely different devices. Steamer has a narrow specialization, and the multi-cooker has wide functionality., it is universal.
Choosing between a double boiler and a slow cooker,Think first about what your eating habits are, and what your lifestyle is.
Good luck with your choice!
Especially for womeninahomeoffice.com.ru- Vitalina