Dairy products are regular "guests" of any refrigerator. Partly, therefore, in many recipes, especially pastries, they are included as ingredients. But if milk and kefir are the most familiar components, then what can be baked from sour cream is less known. Consider the most interesting options.
Quite often, in the refrigerator, bags of residues of still good sour cream are collected, which are waiting for their turn in the trash can. But by adding it to pies, muffins, cakes, cookies, you can significantly improve the taste of baking. Sour cream gives the dough:
- characteristic creamy flavor.
No less important is the fact that baking sour cream does not have to be fresh, the old-fashioned product is also good. But the dough on this ingredient can be prepared:
5 recipes with starring sour cream
The recipes of what can be baked on sour cream differ in a variety of not only toppings (they can be salty or sweet), but also types of dough. In addition, each baking has its own zest, which gives it a unique culinary "me".
Delicate cinnamon and walnut muffins
To always be in a good mood, be sure to find time for tea with your loved ones. Is it possible to imagine a hot and fragrant drink without baking? The recipe of fragrant cake with sour cream and cinnamon is useful for such emotional gatherings.
- 2 tbsp. sour cream (can be oldish);
- 200 g of fatty butter;
- 2 tbsp. white sugar;
- 4 small eggs;
- 4 tbsp. wheat sifted flour;
- 1.5 tsp. vanilla;
- 2 tsp. soda;
- 2 tsp. cinnamon powder;
- 1 tbsp. chopped walnuts.
- In a bowl with wide sides mix the flour, sugar and soda.
- Lightly melt butter in a water bath and pour vanilla into it, whip everything.
- We drive eggs into butter, sour cream and bring to a lush consistency.
- Add flour, mix well.
- In a greased baking dish pour ½ flour mass, pour ½ tbsp. nuts, pour half the dough and sprinkle with nuts.
- We bake 1 hour at 180-190 degrees.
Classic sour cream
If we talk about baking on sour cream dough, this product simply can not be overlooked! Among other things, it is an ideal solution for those who do not know what can be baked from the old sour cream.
- 2.5 Art. wheat sifted flour;
- 3 chicken eggs;
- 1.5 Art. white sugar (for the test);
- 1 tbsp. sugar, you can brown (for cream);
- 400 g old sour cream (for the dough);
- 300 g homemade sour cream (for cream);
- 300 g butter;
- 1 tsp. soda;
- oil for lubrication form.
- Separate the protein portion from the yolks.
- Using a whisk or blender, beat the whites and sugar into a thick skin.
- On the water bath, melt the butter and mix it with yolks, flour and sour cream.
- Combine the two mixtures, mix well and pour into a greased baking dish.
- We preheat the oven to 200-220 degrees and ship the cake blank. We bake 25 minutes.
- Cooking cream. Whip sour cream with sugar (you can use an immersion blender).
- Finished cake give cool, and then cut into halves.
- Pour 2/3 of the cream on the bottom cake, level it well on the surface.
- Cover with the second part of the cake and spread the rest of the cream on top. We give baking about 1-1.5 hours for impregnation.
Light buns with raisins
There are all the necessary products, but there is no time for baking at all? Then here's what you can quickly bake from sour cream - express buns with raisins! According to this recipe, they prepare a little more than a quarter of an hour.
- 1 tbsp. store sour cream;
- 2 tbsp. l fat milk (for flour bases);
- 4 tbsp. l low-fat milk (for icing);
- 2 tbsp. wheat sifted flour;
- 2 tbsp. l Sahara;
- ½ tsp cinnamon;
- 2 tsp. baking powder;
- 1/3 tsp salt;
- 150 g margarine without additives;
- ½ tbsp. raisins;
- ½ powdered sugar.
- We wash the raisins well and, after filling with water, leave them for 10-15 minutes.
- In a wide bowl, mix the flour with white sugar, table salt, cinnamon powder and baking powder.
- Slightly soften the margarine with your fingers and put in the mixture.
- Making a funnel in the resulting mass, pour in sour cream, milk and pour the raisins, mix.
- On the work surface, sprinkled with flour, we shift the dough and knead it well.
- Roll out a sheet with a thickness of 2 cm.
- Shape (you can use a glass) cut round blanks.
- Spread our buns on the oiled baking sheet and send to the oven for 10-15 minutes to bake at 220 degrees.
- For glaze, powder and milk mix.
- Pour the finished pastry with milk mixture and let cool.
Closed cake with apple and cottage cheese filling
For those who have not yet decided that it is possible to bake from cottage cheese and sour cream, this is a terrific recipe for Bak (that is, closed) cake.
- 2.5 Art. flour;
- 150 g homemade butter;
- 130 g of sugar (for kneading dough);
- ½ tbsp. sugar (for the filling);
- 4 large eggs (for the flour base 2 and for the filler 2);
- 450 g of cottage cheese;
- ½ tbsp. fat milk;
- 2/3 Art. store smetannogo product.
- We start with the preparation of the dough. In a bowl, mix the sugar with chunks of cold butter.
- After the butter crumbles, beat the eggs, pour the sour cream and mix all the products with a blender.
- On the prepared work surface carefully knead the dough.
- In the form, pre-lubricated, we shift the ¾ of the dough, rolled into the reservoir.
- Prepare a soft filling: 2 eggs (you can only yolks), cottage cheese, milk, sugar, mix with a blender.
- Apples are peeled, cut out the core, cut into thin slices and lay on the dough.
- We lay out the top of the stuffing and cover with a sheet of the remaining billet.
- We bake 1 hour in the oven warmed to 180-190 degrees.
If desired, you can grease the top of the cake with whipped yolks.
Quick pie with cabbage and greens
Closed pies are an ideal dinner for a large family: they cook quickly (which means that hungry homemade ones will not have to wait long for food), but they are very satisfying. One of these recipes is sour cream pie with stewed cabbage and greens.
- 500 grams of wheat flour;
- 200 g old sour cream;
- 50 g homemade butter;
- 2 raw eggs;
- 2 hard boiled eggs;
- 50 ml of nonfat milk;
- 450 g fresh cabbage;
- 20 ml of olive oil;
- salt, spices, herbs (according to your taste).
- In a bowl, mix flour, salt, eggs and a piece of butter, mix everything with a knife.
- Add sour cream, knead the tight dough, cover it with cling film and send to the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Cabbage finely chopped and fry in olive oil.
- Crush eggs, greens, mix with cabbage, not forgetting everything to salt and pepper.
- We shift ½ of the dough to the form covered with paper, level the filling and cover the remaining half of the billet.
- Put in the oven for 40 minutes at 200 degrees.
What can you bake from sour cream? In addition to the sour cream, there are a lot of recipes. All of them are united by one thing: quite simple and affordable dough preparation technology. But baking always turns out very tender, fragrant and combined with the most incredible or simple fillings.