Did you know that sociologists and psychologists determine some peculiarities of a person’s character according to the contents of his refrigerator? So: if there is a stale kefir in this important unit, then, most likely, the owner either is very busy and rarely eats at home, or simply does not know what to bake from kefir. We will try to fix this flaw.
There is kefir - there is a delicious dough!
The human body will not be able to function normally without lactic acid bacteria, therefore it is obligatory to include sour yogurt in the diet, kefir. These products can be bought, and you can make at home using whole milk and sourdough. Sour-milk drinks, besides having a lot of advantages in terms of maintaining health, also differ in a rather long shelf life.
However, you are unlikely to drink kefir, which was opened a couple of days ago: the taste is not the same. But to knead the dough, it is this “condition” of the product that is needed. However, it is suitable for almost any kind of flour blanks:
- fresh and sweet;
5 original recipes
Recipes that describe what you can bake on yogurt, amaze with its diversity. In this case, the dough is obtained:
- moderately elastic.
Recipe Bread with Seeds
As a rule, bread dough is kneaded in water, but you can make a kefir batch and add useful seeds (pumpkin, sunflower or sesame).
- 300 ml of not very fresh kefir;
- 1 tsp. salt;
- 1 tsp. soda;
- 1.5 Art. wheat flour;
- 1.5 Art. bran;
- ½ tbsp. sunflower seeds;
- 3 tbsp. l olive oil.
- In a bowl with wide sides, pour warm kefir, butter and pour out salt and soda.
- Constantly stirring, we begin to mix flour and bran.
- Sprinkle the surface with flour and hands knead the dough until elastic.
- In the baking dish put the oiled paper, lay out the workpiece, level it and make a knife a couple of cuts.
- In the oven warmed to 200 degrees we send the form for 1 hour.
- After completing the time for making bread, cover with a cloth and let cool.
In this recipe, baking is healthy and tasty, but it has one drawback: it quickly becomes stale. Therefore, do not cook a lot of bread at once.
What else tasty can you bake on kefir in the oven? This can be an airy and very appetizing manna.
- 500 ml low-fat kefir;
- 2 tbsp. light mayonnaise;
- ½ tbsp. wheat flour;
- 300 g of semolina;
- 2 eggs;
- ¾ Art. white sugar;
- 50 g cream margarine;
- ½ tsp baking soda;
- 2 tbsp. l vegetable oil;
- 3-4 Art. l powdered sugar (optional).
- In a deep bowl mix semolina, flour, sugar.
- In a separate container we combine kefir, mayonnaise and eggs, whipping everything with a whisk to a light foam.
- In the dry products pour the liquid mixture, cover with cling film and let it brew for 30 minutes.
- Melt margarine in a water bath (you can use a microwave) and add soda to it.
- Pour margarine into the dough, mix.
- Lubricate the form with the sides, sprinkle with croutons and pour out our dough.
- Put the billet in the oven, heated to 180 degrees, and bake for 50 minutes. Before serving, you can powder.
Onion pie on stale kefir in 20 minutes
Fans of quick recipes will appreciate the delicate onion pie, which is cooked in just 20 minutes.
- 500 ml of fat kefir;
- 1 tbsp. wheat flour;
- 5 eggs;
- 1 tsp. baking powder or soda;
- bunch of green onions;
- 150 g grated hard cheese;
- black pepper;
- 30 ml of olive oil.
- Pour kefir in a bowl and pour the flour, mix well.
- Beat 2 eggs and add soda (baking powder) and pepper.
- Boil 3 eggs, finely chop.
- Shred onions and mix with eggs.
- Lubricate the baking pan with oil and pour half of the flour mass onto it.
- Evenly pour the filling of onions and eggs.
- Fill the second half of the dough and put in the oven heated to 180 degrees.
- We bake 20 minutes.
This cake can be served with cream-soy sauce (½ tbsp. Store sour cream ½ tbsp. Soy sauce). By the way, if you do not have dairy products and the question arose that you can bake without milk and kefir, then use the same recipe. Just the necessary fermented milk ingredient replace filtered warm water.
The law of life is that all the most delicious is very harmful. And, nevertheless, from time to time you can indulge yourself with not very healthy dishes. These include deep fried crumbs on kefir.
- 1 tbsp. low-fat kefir;
- 1 egg;
- 55 g homemade butter;
- 2.5 Art. wheat flour;
- ½ tsp soda;
- 3 cl. l white sugar;
- 1 tsp. salts;
- fat for frying.
- In a bowl, shake the egg with sugar and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix kefir and soda.
- Combine the mixture and slowly pour the flour.
- Melt butter in a water bath and pour it into the billet.
- In a deep fryer, pour the fat, spread a tablespoon of dough and fry to a blush.
Kefir puffs are obtained with a crispy crust and a soft, tender center. The finished dish can be poured with jam or condensed milk.
Kefir muffins with olives
Many parents are faced with the fact that their kids refuse to eat. Try to prepare for them healthy buns with olives and green onions - no one will ever ignore such tasty food, neither old nor young.
- 1.5 Art. wheat flour;
- 2 tbsp. l white sugar;
- ½ tbsp. low-fat kefir;
- 1 tsp. soda;
- 90 g butter;
- 3 boiled hard boiled eggs;
- 1 tbsp. l soy sauce;
- 1 processed cheese (it is more convenient to take liquid "Amber");
- 200 g pitted olives;
- salt, cumin (to your taste);
- In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients: flour, salt, sugar, soda.
- Slightly soften the butter on the steam bath and add to the dough.
- Rub the mixture into a homogeneous mass.
- Pour in warm fermented milk product and let the dough rest for 15 minutes.
- We divide the workpiece into 10 parts, with our fingers we knead each one into a cake.
- Cooking stuffing. Eggs, olives, greens and onions finely chopped.
- Mix with melted cheese and sauce.
- Put on 1 tsp. fillings for each cake, connect the edges so that the square is turned out.
- Put the rolls on the baking sheet, while the seam should be at the bottom. Use a knife to make a cross-cut and sprinkle with cumin.
- We bake 25 minutes at a temperature of 180-190 degrees.
If desired, after 15 minutes, you can grease the buns with a beaten egg.
The question of what can be baked from kefir - unlike many other problems that arise in our lives - can have a huge number of answers. And, best of all, they will all be right. After all, the dough on fermented milk product in any case turns out to be light, tender and tasty. And cooking on it is a pleasure.