Today, it is definitely impossible to say exactly which kitchen includes thin and crispy waffles. In the middle of the last century, this pastry gained wide popularity, first in the Netherlands and then in America. Today, many housewives bake Viennese waffles. We have selected recipes for the waffle iron for you in our article.
The subtleties of pastry
As already mentioned, waffles in their texture and shape can be very diverse: thin, fluffy, soft, crispy. What are Viennese waffles? Such baking must be gentle, fluffy and porous. As a rule, the taste of waffles is complemented by a variety of fillings.
Basically, a special appliance is used for baking waffles. To make Viennese waffles turn out to be tender, fragrant, golden, fluffy and very tasty, learn some of the features of their preparation:
- Be sure to add milk to the Viennese waffle dough.
- In order to give the baking refined taste and aroma, you can add a few drops of rum, liqueur or brandy to the dough.
- As a filling, you can use boiled condensed milk, jam, jam, fudge, creamy paste, curd mass, honey, etc.
- To make Viennese waffles porous and tender, the protein mass should be whipped separately from egg yolks.
- To reduce the calorie content of waffles cooked on sour cream, this product can be replaced with homemade mayonnaise.
- Golden baking color will give the original spice - turmeric.
- The more creamy melted butter to add to the dough, the wafer will be more magnificent and softer.
- It is recommended to coat the surface of the electric waffle with vegetable oil.
- Before baking waffles, the appliance needs to be heated.
- To bake one Viennese waffle, place no more than 1 tbsp in the middle of the waffle iron. l test.
- It is not necessary to stack the waffles on top of each other when hot, otherwise they will stick together and break.
- Calorie waffles can be reduced by adding filtered water instead of milk.
- You can add dry powdered yeast to the Viennese waffle dough.
Gourmet pastries at home
If you have an electric waffle-iron in your kitchen, we suggest you try out the recipe for Viennese waffles. They are in perfect harmony with any filling. A hearty breakfast or tea party with the household will be complemented by such a simple, but at the same time, fragrant and very tasty pastry.
- 2 pcs. chicken eggs;
- 0.3 kg sifted flour;
- 150 grams of sugar;
- 0.2 l of cream;
- 1 tsp. food starch;
- 4 tbsp. l sour cream;
- ½ tsp table soda
- Break the eggs and separate the protein mass from the yolks.
- We spread the yolks in a separate bowl and combine with sugar. For aroma, you can add vanilla essence.
- Beat the yolks with sugar until a mass of a uniform consistency is formed.
- Lay out the proteins in a separate bowl and also beat them up to form a foam mass.
- Mix yolk and protein mass in the same dish.
- In a separate bowl we combine the sifted flour, soda, previously slaked with 9% vinegar, food starch and sour cream.
- To this mixture add the beaten egg mass and cream.
- In the meantime, we warm up the electric waffle iron.
- The internal surface of the device is lubricated with sunflower oil.
- Spoon spread the dough and close the waffle iron.
- Bake waffles until golden.
Favorite delicacy comes from childhood
Soft and fragrant homemade pastries will delight all households with their taste. If you were looking for recipes for Viennese waffles for electric waffle-iron, but you still could not find suitable options, today this will certainly change. You can bake soft and porous waffles by adding a simple filling. You can use homemade jam, jam or jam, as well as condensed milk "Toffee". The proportions indicated in the recipe are designed for the preparation of wafers in the amount of 10-12 pieces. Baking time depends on the functional features and power of the electric waffle iron.
- 0.2 kg of creamy softened butter;
- 3 pcs. chicken eggs;
- 130 g of granulated sugar;
- 1 tbsp. milk;
- 350 g sifted flour;
- 2 tsp. baking powder;
- vanilla essence - to taste.
- Creamy softened butter spread in a deep bowl.
- Add sugar and grind this mixture.
- Milk is heated to a temperature point of 36-37 °.
- Add chicken eggs and heated milk to the creamy sugar mixture. All thoroughly mixed.
- Mix the sifted flour with baking powder and add it in portions to the dough.
- Knead the dough until smooth, so that no lumps remain.
- Spread portions of dough on the surface of an electric waffle-iron oven, close the lid and bake waffles until tender.
- Lubricate waffles, cooked Viennese, favorite berry, fruit jam or "toffee".
Viennese waffles: the best recipe for the most delicate dough
To cook Viennese waffles in an electrolamine, you need to find a suitable recipe. As you already understood, the dough for making such waffles is different from the usual crispy pastries in that it should be watery, smooth and airy. We offer you a simple recipe for dough for Viennese waffles in an electric waffle-iron.
By the way, some housewives and pastry chefs believe that Viennese and Belgian waffles are similar confectionery. However, it is not. The dough recipe for baking is slightly different. Regardless of the recipe you choose, for flavor and taste, you can add rum or liqueur, crushed orange or lemon zest, nutmeg or walnut, cocoa powder to the dough.
- 0.1 kg of creamy softened butter;
- 2 pcs. chicken eggs;
- 0.1 kg of granulated sugar;
- 130 g sifted flour;
- ½ tsp baking powder;
- a pinch of salt.
- In a separate bowl lay out creamy softened butter and add granulated sugar.
- Add a little fine-grained salt.
- Hands carefully fray the creamy sugar mass to form crumbs.
- In the ground sugar-oil mixture add one chicken egg and mix thoroughly.
- Then we drive in the second egg and also thoroughly mix the creamy-sugar mass.
- In the prepared mixture, add baking powder for the dough.
- We shift the mass into a deep bowl or another dish and beat the mixture well with a blender or mixer.
- Without ceasing to beat the mixture, portionwise add sifted flour.
- You should have a fluffy, porous and watery dough.
- Then you can start baking waffles in an electric waffle iron.
Do not forget that Viennese waffles are famous for their lush and porous texture. Exquisite golden baking color will add a pinch of turmeric. If you like to experiment, try adding more vanilla essence to the dough, as well as rum, liqueur or brandy.
Wafers are Viennese baked on average from 3 to 5 minutes. The cooking time depends on the power of the electric waffle iron. Please note that the first waffles bake longer, and as the surface of the device warms up, the cooking time is significantly reduced. Watch out for the waffles not to burn.
To give baking an extraordinary taste, jam, jam or jam can be replaced with berry fruit juice, fruit puree, caramel. Decorate pastries before serving to the table can be fresh berries and sprigs of mint. Enjoy your meal!